[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black AKs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: SLR107-36.jpg (49KB, 777x252px) Image search: [Google]
SLR107-36.jpg
49KB, 777x252px
So, I'm in the market for a new fun rifle, and I have my heart set on an AK, but I'm a shitty person who doesn't want a woodgun.

As far as "off the shelf" black AKs with all the fun rails and shit, my options seem to be limited to $1200+ Arsenal rifles, or $800~ Century Arms rifles that I've heard some bad things about.

Anyone got any advice? Is Arsenal worth the price? Are there other companies I don't know of?
>>
The Vepr FM AK-47 is nice. It's $999

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/fm-ak47-11-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
Plastic is trash faggot.
>>
Get a DDI kit build (not their all-American models)
>>
>>32264719

>Not going for carbon fibre
>>
>>32264716
This. VEPR is pure sex and top tier.
>>
>>32264716

>no lugs
>RPK furniture
>$1k

Gamechanger mk 2
>>
>>32264719
>what is humidity
>what is splintering
>what is dry rot

fudd go and stay go
>>
>>32264716
>9lb rifle
No thanks senpai.
>>
>>32265911
This, honestly. How hard is it to put a regular AK handguard retainer, gas block with bayonet lug, and front sight with cleaning rod retainer on the rifle?
>>
>>32264698
Get a Vepr
Change the furniture
Have no regrets
>>
>>32264698
>$800~ Century Arms rifles that I've heard some bad things about.
No, just no. Save yourself having to spend hundreds of thousands in a facial reconstructive surgery and just buy the Arsenal.
>>
>>32267326
Go be a twink elsewhere, only manly faggots allowed here.
>>
>>32267309
>what is weight

Forgot one
>>
>>32267451
>hurrr I'm a big stronk man cuz I can hold mah rifle for a minute shooting paper

>hurrrr I never actually had to ruck hills with my rifle and ammo and backpack all at once

>hurrrr I never run out of stamina hurrrrrrr imma big stronk guy hurrrr
>>
>>32267508
As someone who has hiked with 8-9lb guns it sucks but seriously it's not that bad. Get an okay sling and it's not too bad.
That said I've never done much more than 3 days on backpacking trips with said guns.
>>
Arsenals are worth the extra 400. Veprs are just as good but you won't get compatibility with most things out there.
Ten years from now you'll still be shooting your Arsenal and thinking of how the ammo you've shot has now costed more than the rifle itself
>>
Contemplating an Arsenal SLR106F

Already have an AR
Want an AK
Most are shit
It's an ok price

Chambered in 5.56 so on the bright side widely available ammunition of any quality and type I desire

Cons include an AK being chambered in 5.56, expensive good magazines

However

Good 5.45 and 7.62 AKs are for the most part limited to pretty uninspired ammunition choices but good magazines are more reasonably priced (I think?)
>>
>>32268014
>5.45 mags are reasonably priced.

hehehhe
>>
>>32268014
OP here, on that subject, I'd just assumed I'd get a 7.62 AK but is there something to be said for getting it in 5.56 or even 5.45?
>>
I refuse to buy AKs that do not have a bayo lug and a cleaning rod
>>
>>32264698
OP again, anyone seen this? Something to be concerned about with Arsenals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJaikgeAQk
>>
>>32269778
I'd wait and see what happens with 5.45 surplus when trump gets in
>>
>>32264698
any of the Yugo Aks are good quality. On the heavier side because they are built like a tank.
Just replace the grip and stock yourself (or jsut the grip if you get an under/side folder)

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak47-yugo-zastava-n-pap-fixed-wood-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0

they are out of stock right now, but will get more. They come in and out of stock
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.