[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ if you had to pick a punk world to live in, which would it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: punks.jpg (47KB, 736x255px) Image search: [Google]
punks.jpg
47KB, 736x255px
/k/ if you had to pick a punk world to live in, which would it be? If you know of more, post em. But heres what I got so far. I imagine each world has a whole different array of guns.
>>
>>32264643
Cyberpunk has the coolest shit.
Who wouldn't want to live in a blade runner or GitS universe?
>>
>>32264643
Steampunk for those Kaiser Balloons I've heard about
>>
>>32264643
Never tried ray punk.

But hell, hand me a lasrifle and point in the direction of some bug eyed alien, I'll die a happy man.
>>
>>32264643
What ever the fallout world is
>>
>>32264770
That would be a combo of raypunk and dieselpunk.
>>
>>32264643
cyberpunk is around the corner dude
>>
File: atomicpunk.jpg (24KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
atomicpunk.jpg
24KB, 500x350px
>>32264770
>>32264776

That would be Atompunk/Atomicpunk
>>
Diesel/steampunk
Maybe a little ray.

I love me some airships.
>>
>>32264643
We're already halfway to cyberpunk, so I think I'd give raypunk a chance. Gotta defend those hot venus babes from dinosaurs!
>>
File: different punks.png (32KB, 500x386px)
different punks.png
32KB, 500x386px
>>32264643

Heres more punks
>>
whatever gets me a Mad Max lifestyle
>>
File: 12341241234.jpg (370KB, 925x449px) Image search: [Google]
12341241234.jpg
370KB, 925x449px
>>32264643
I'll take the cyberpunk
>tfw we already pretty much live in a cyberpunk world, only without any of the cool shit
>>
Disielpunk, Zeppelins for fun and profit!
>>
>>32264643
Biopunk. Let me bio engineer my problems away. Also that's not dieselpunk.
>>
Cyberpunk duh, we're almost there anyways.
>>
File: c4accb37862d7b0a78c5d5a26a5ce63d.jpg (698KB, 1206x1920px) Image search: [Google]
c4accb37862d7b0a78c5d5a26a5ce63d.jpg
698KB, 1206x1920px
>>32264643
REMINDER: Whereas CyberPunk was the original thematic and brought a lot of legitimate and interesting questions regarding the evergrowing power given to companies, large-scale surveillance, dependence to technology, and so many more, hence the "Punk" in the name; all the other bastardized offshoots that came after are nothing but sub-genres of uchronia without any defining qualities except their aesthetic, which isn't even clearly defined to begin with.
>Mad Max classified as "dieselpunk"
>"steampunk" being represented only by a handful of second class games, novels and shitty cosplay
>shamelessly branding "raypunk" over what has been known as classical science fiction pulp, like Flash Gordon and co.
>>
>>32265441
There are legit examples of [genre]punk but they tend to explore the same themes of mistrust in authority that cyberpunk does. The Difference Engine is a good example of genre-correct steampunk.

I'm not sure if "raypunk" really does exist, but by the authentic definition it would probably involve tramp freighter haulers ekeing out a living while trying to avoid the grasping and corrupt Stellar Patrol. They'd stop at the asteroid mines, have an extremely sketchy sexual encounter with a buxom alien who may or may not be green and then trip balls on dubious pollen that adhered in their poorly-maintained airlock.
>>
given OP's criteria, I would go with dieselpunk, but with corsets
>>
File: 1479233526142.jpg (36KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
1479233526142.jpg
36KB, 597x652px
I love the shit outta Shadowrun.

So yeah, Cyberpunk for sure.

Plus Anarcho Transhumanism is the best.
>>
Dieselpunk is definitely the most /k/

I like steampunk
>>
Cyber-Diesel, or whatever the fusion of the two is called because post-apocalyptic ruins and neon mega tribes get me harder than durasteel.
>>
>>32264770
Fallout is a combo of basically all of them, Fallout is a very very large universe that covers a little of something with the ability to expand where needed. Fallout brings cyberpunk, Dieselpunk and Raypunk with a tiny bit of Steampunk if you count The Prydwen and the USS Constitution not a whole lot of steam or brass tho
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.