[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiple Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 20161027_113813.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_113813.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Anyone else carry a secondary or even a tertiary? With colder weather it's a lot easier, but generally I carry 2-3
>>
>>32263554
What distance are you supposed to shoot those silhouettes at? Also, just carry an extra magazine if you feel you need it. What's the point of carrying multiple guns?
>>
>>32263595

Being able to arm someone else.
>>
>>32263595
Hand one off to your family in an active shooter type situation. If possible that is
>>
>>32263595

I don't know if there are required distances for the target. With what I payed it was my first time shooting my new USP Expert in 9, shot 100 rounds at roughly 7-8 yards doing Mozambique drills
>>
>>32263595
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/362147/nra-official-silhouette-targets-b-27-24-50-yard-paper-black-white-pack-of-100

>50 yards
>>
>bad guy sees your full size, surplus, fawty-five printing like shit in your uncle mikes holster
>bashes you over the head
>your fat body crashes against the convenience store floor sending spaghetti waves in all directions
>as you moan and blubber he takes the gun from your side
>all the while he's laughing
>the store clerk has his hands up, but he's laughing to
>the fat mexican lady with 5 kids who was cowering in the snack aisle is laughing
>as everyone is distracted with laughter you reach into your cheese and mildew smelling Hanes tube sock
>your sausage fingers wrap around the polymer grip of your highpoint subcompact
>the baddie is still distracted, laughing and hooting and demanding cash from the register
>you draw out your back up and take aim at your attacker
>the mexican woman's eyes go wide
>her children drop chiclets all over the floor
>in this moment you are euphoric
>not because of some phony god, but because your are enlightened by your possession of a second carry weapon
>your swollen greasy index finger presses against the trigger
>POW!
>a round rips threw the air and hits your attacker square in the dick
>>
>>32263631
In what fucking scenario would you hand a stranger a gun? Stop watching movies dude, in real life, if you ever need to use a gun, you're going to use it and end the confrontation faster than a speeding bullet
>>
>>32263787

> the dick

well it was a bigger target than what OP is packin
>>
>>32263799

Who said anything about a stranger?

>if you ever need to use a gun, you're going to use it and end the confrontation faster than a speeding bullet
Not necessarily.
>>
>>32263554
But how do you remember which of your jacket pockets is your carry pocket or your pocket full of mom's spaghetti?
>>
>>32263787
Gonna make this a new copypasta lol love it thnx

>>32263799
It's not that implausible that instead of taking the time to clear a malfunction it just might be a little quicker to pull a secondary and shoot, if not pulling a secondary that's loaded and ready to go instead of reloading an empty primary

Besides who said anything about giving a stranger a firearm? Only time I would hand someone one of mine is if they're someone I absolutely trust with it
>>
>>32263845
Mom's sketty is in the underoos bud always
>>
>>32263554
Tertiary? Plebes. I carry a quaternary.
>>
>>32263855
>>32263829
Ok, so in this obviously probable scenario, you and your dearest friend who is also trained at shooting are together when the bad guy strikes, and you have 3 guns with you, one that you pull out, one that you toss to your friend, and then when the one you pulled out instantly jams, you pull out your third gun which obviously won't jam.

Really think about this for a moment. You're going to carry 3 guns at all times and make sure your friend goes everywhere with you so that this little play-pretend imaginary story happens, right?
>>
>>32263595

I can see why, like if you're in an oh shit moment and you needed a loaded gun yesterday and as such don't have time to fiddle around with magazines.
>>
>>32263799
>Be in mall
>hear shots ring out not far
>Draw gun
>Pull out second hand to wife
>Tell her to get out and keep the kids safe
>Head towards direction of shooter
>Pass anon who can't help because his wife is unarmed and he must protect her as they flee
>Get to shooter
>He already killed himself as they do
>Wife and family are safe

>Mad blow jobs ensue at home.
It's like you don't even like blow jobs. Get a secondary, get to nut in your girls mouth.
>>
>>32263554
Does anyone other than me picture a greasy sperglord in an indoor range with full trenchcoat and fedora magdumping into a target at near pointblank range?
>>
>>32263893
Chill kiddo we get it you can't stand the thought of someone doing something you don't like.
>>
>>32263924
>I can see why
>fiddle with magazines
You either don't carry, carry and don't carry spare magazines, or have serious issues with your fine motor skills.

I carry spares. I can reload faster than a lot of people draw. It's not fucking hard.
>>
>>32263554
Posting in a bait thread.
>>
>>32263942
I just took a hole puncher and made it on the lane bench. Didn't even hang it. Plus it's a trilby m'lady
>>
>>32263989
I want pics of your hands.
>>
>>32263554
I do carry a secondary, OP, and let me tell you why. I don't always carry my wallet with me; sometimes I forget it at home or just don't bother to bring it. If I were to be mugged in such a situation, I would have nothing to throw to the bad guy to distract him as I pull my CCW and blow his head away. This is where the secondary firearm comes in to play. I pull the secondary out slowly and toss it to the ground (it's unloaded, so no risk of ND). As he bends over to pick up his prize, I pull my primary and neutralize the threat.
>>
>Carry primary in secondary's position
>Carry secondary in primary's position
>Bad guy
>'Accidentally' fumble your PB&J secondary and drop it
>Let bad guy beat you to it
>Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon while he's distracted
>Attack his life points directly
>But with bullets
>>
>>32264008
>playing 4D space chess with the plebians
>>
>>32264008
>not saving weight by carrying pocket sand
>reaching into pockets for anything other than travel dragon dildo
ishygddt
>>
File: 20161209_000720.jpg (2MB, 1999x1782px) Image search: [Google]
20161209_000720.jpg
2MB, 1999x1782px
>>32264007
>>
>>32264034

This guy gets it
>>
>>32264008
>and why did you shoot him?
>he was trying to grab my prize
>>
>>32263927
>Get a secondary, get to nut in your girls mouth.

Or just, ya know, be with someone who doesn't need an excuse to blow you
>>
>>32264109

Who said she was willingly doing it
>>
>>32264063
>Bald manlet arm
>fingernails clipped to oblivion
>grandmas couch hand selfie
Gr8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>32264120
Thnx bud
>>
Yes, on occasion.

My all-the-time gun is a J-Frame. It works in gym shorts around the house just as well as well as dress slacks. If I'm going out and I'm not in work clothes, I'll also stick a G17 in either AIWB or strong-side OWB if clothing demands it (clothing layered to the point where AIWB draw is impeded). In jacket weather, I'll drop the J-Frame in an outside pocket for immediate access (I can have my hands in my pockets and on the gun). If I'm wearing pants, the J-Frame will usually stay in its pocket holster regardless of whether I've got my G17 on (doesn't work in jeans).

Why?

a) Catastrophic malfunction of my G17. I've had three on the range that weren't fixable by some sort of malfunction drill (two squibs, one broken slide lock spring). While my carry G17 has just enough rounds through it to verify function, should it decide to shit the bed, it sure would suck to be without a working gun in a fight.
b) Arming somebody I trust if need be in a mass shooting. I'm regularly out and about with people who I trust to be able to work the gun in an emergency and who also do not carry guns all the time/at all.
c) Convenient access in winter.
d) Laziness/because I can.
>>
>>32264150

Cool man thnx for the input
>>
>>32263965

it's the last one, my medication caused nerve damage so fine motor skills are completely out of the question for me.
>>
>>32264333

Never thought of that, I'll have to remember this
>>
File: playing-with-blocks_bnwcwn.jpg (41KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
playing-with-blocks_bnwcwn.jpg
41KB, 600x399px
>>32264333
>problems with fine motor skillz

you definitely need more gun. is there, like, a duplo of gun for you?
>>
>>32263554
y'all niggas posting in a troll thread
>>
>>32263554
I carry in an IWB, an OWB over the IWB, a thigh holster under the OWB, a cross draw OWB mirrored to the primary OWB, a shoulder holster, an ankle holster, a boot gun, and a Mexican carry.

Just in case one jams you know.

Also all of the pistols are Hi Points.
>>
File: 20161021_132504.jpg (197KB, 782x715px) Image search: [Google]
20161021_132504.jpg
197KB, 782x715px
>>32264660

noice
>>
>>32264150
>Glocks are so shitty you need a back up gun
Sugoi desu ne.
>>
>>32263927
this fags wife wasn't carrying her own gun the whole time.
>>
>>32263779
>http://www.midwayusa.com/product/362147/nra-official-silhouette-targets-b-27-24-50-yard-paper-black-white-pack-of-100
I sure hope they mean rifle at 50.

50 yards with a pistol if pretty hard unless you shoot a lot.
>>
>>32263927
>going towards the shooter
>>
File: fuckin_marines.jpg (99KB, 606x728px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin_marines.jpg
99KB, 606x728px
>>32267396
Probably a Marine
>>
>>32267388
>These are official NRA Police Pistol Targets

50 yards is done either supported barricade or prone.
>>
>>32267460
Any images of cops taking these shots at these targets?

I'm legitimately interested in how hard it is to shooty. I've never been on a range with benches, weird as that may sound.
>>
>>32267478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGp60vWMiQA

It's competition, not qualification. They're using obscenely expensive 1911s with handloaded ammunition.
>>
File: wow_wow.png (15KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
wow_wow.png
15KB, 497x501px
>>32267499
Solid dubs

That's pretty cool. And I guess if you've got expensive as fuck gear and it's a shooting competition, with all the variables associated, it's probably a lot less pressure.

Pretty cool tho, anon.
>>
File: widley-45-mag.jpg (263KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
widley-45-mag.jpg
263KB, 800x600px
Pocket carry. It's a small surprise gun, but it wouldn't be good for 3 or more muggers/attackers.
IWB carry. You get a bigger gun with more powerful rounds, but muggers who have a gun on you won't like you reaching for your belt instead of your pocket.

Why not have both?
>>
>>32267499

Wish I had the cash for customs like that ugh
>>
>>32263595
Your primary may fail
>>
File: dominique-perez-and-keith-sandy.jpg (126KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
dominique-perez-and-keith-sandy.jpg
126KB, 1200x673px
>>32267499
>Albequeque
Why hold a police event there?
The APD is absolute shit.
>>
>>32270322
no risk of getting rained out maybe?
>>
>>32270444
he
>>
Any situation where you honestly need more than one handgun you should just bite the bullet and carry your rifle.

That is; if you carry two guns and at least one of them isnt a long gun, you are fucking up at a high rate of speed.
>>
File: arsenal-double-barrel-1911.jpg (24KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
arsenal-double-barrel-1911.jpg
24KB, 600x425px
>>32263595
akimbo, duh. In self defense with firearms, the more barrels pointed at the bed guy the better, thats why I CC 2 double barrelled 1911's
>>
>>32272623
FIVE THOUSAND dollars
>>
>>32272655
How else will you defend yourself on the bus
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.