[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a military advisor, you have been assigned to improve the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

As a military advisor, you have been assigned to improve the military of a small developing nation. This nation has a medium coastline and has the terrain and climate of Botswana. The key goal you are trying to achieve is efficiency and cost effectiveness. How would you go about achieving these goals?
>>
>>32259692
Buy cheap AK's and life jackets.

Maybe even a wedding dress or two.
>>
>>32259692
Probably training and alot of second hand equipment. Since air is out of the question due to funds, getting some AA would be a good priority.
>>
>>32259692

Patrol boats for coast lines, maybe a cutter or two just in case. Probably just copy the USCG as closely as I could with a what would presumably a pittance for the budget.

I'd also ally with the west to get some of those sweet, sweet training dollars and personnel, and institute a merit based promotion system and military college.
>>
File: 19001642.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
19001642.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>32259705
Yes. Its a good movie.

>>32259692
Depends on who the neighbors are desu. If the neighboring countries aren't hostile, I don't think there's much of a need to invest too heavily in equipment. Probably training and boats for a coast guard (proportionate to the coast).
>>
>>32259692
Invest in Smaller ISR platform such as Beachcraft King Air or if you have the money a Modular C-130 with conversion capabilities for different flight profiles. King Air's will have smaller footprint but C-130's can double as multi-mission capability/logistics. Hell maybe even a couple Aerostats for extra/static coverage.

Better ISR leads to better intelligence and overall better efficiency in movements and less waste.
>>
>>32259692
efficiency and cost effectiveness? keeping the u.s. military away would achieve both those
>>
aerogavins with assault gliders
>>
>>32259692
I've been waiting to buy a 12 plane fleet of these. I can't think of a better reason
>>
File: IMG_1554.jpg (172KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1554.jpg
172KB, 1600x900px
>>32259880
Forgot pic
>>
>>32259692
Ak-47s jeeps or Toyota pick ups with various different weapons platforms, bush planes to patrol the coast line. If shit hits the fan, use the money saved to bring in a PMC company's to do the harder and more technical stuff.
>>
>>32259692
Adopt the Rhodesian model but swapping the expensive equipment for cheaper variants.
>>
File: LDzpSTR.jpg (301KB, 1200x1621px) Image search: [Google]
LDzpSTR.jpg
301KB, 1200x1621px
>>32259954
Its not the same without the FAL :(
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.