[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Weaponized Robots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: russbot.png (337KB, 961x547px) Image search: [Google]
russbot.png
337KB, 961x547px
More dakka than most US Navy LCS today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2356121/russian-special-forces-take-out-isis-terror-boss-with-the-help-of-machine-gun-toting-robot/

Two launchers and a machine gun.
>>
File: foster-miller-inc-robot.png (468KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
foster-miller-inc-robot.png
468KB, 600x450px
>>32257635
Welcome to 2003.
>>
>still can't climb mountainous terrain
>>
>>32257673

>those quad 40s

That's so cute
>>
>>32257875
Ignoring the fact that the Russians are more than a decade late to the party. These are things a few bright high school students could make
>>
>>32257635
This is not Uran-9 then. New design? Anyone have more details? Article just said 'a weaponized robot'.
>>
>>32257911
First I saw of it today. Sorry.
>>
>>32257635
What happened to that autistic robot that gave Putin depressions? The look on his face while watching it was just so sad.
>>
>>32257908
To what party? Combat robots Russia did that in the 30's.
>>
>>32257635
they're killing ISIS.

Soldiers will be the thing of past soon.

>>32257673
>Welcome to 2003.
except it hasn't done shit and was never deployed and died because it didn't work.
>>
>>32258869
>Hasn't done shit, was never deployed, didn't work.
These statements are all untrue.

>The Talon has been deployed in military service since 2000 - for example, in Bosnia for the movement of munitions and EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) to get rid of grenades. It was also used in Ground Zero after the September 11th attacks in search and recovery. It is the only robot used in this effort that did not require any major repair.[5] Foster-Miller claims the Talon was used for a classified mission by US Special Forces in the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan[5] as well as in an EOD role. In Iraq its standard role has been performing EOD and IED destruction missions. Its combat SWORDS version is now being used there in a guard role protecting front line buildings from attack. According to Foster-Miller, the robot has performed around 20,000 EOD missions in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As of late 2014, the Army is refurbishing 353 Talon IV robots, with 296 going to Army engineers and 57 for the Army National Guard.[6]
>>
>>32257635
How many rounds does that hold?

What armament does it have?
>>
>>32258899
bullshit. show me one unit that currently uses that shit today. just one!
>>
>>32259438
>Goalpost shifting.
Lol no. This is fifteen year old tech. And it's not even the most impressive Russian system of this type.
>>
>>32259758
retard, you're just digging a deeper hole.
>>
>>32257977
FEDOR has come a long way. When they presented him to Putin, he was already autonomous. Only a little slow. Like a google car on a dirt road.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26r_dmCXgfU

>Russian Chickens not giving a fuck

How can America even compete?
>>
>>32257908
>Ignoring the fact that the Russians are more than a decade late to the party.
This
When the Soviets were fielding teletanks during the 1930's, what were the Russians doing? Checkmate, vatinks.
>>
>>32257827
Neither can the LCS. I think the comparison is valid.
>>
>be innawood
>see this
What to do, /k/ ?
>>
>>32264727

figure out wtf it's supposed to do

Is it supposed to be dragging that chassis behind it?
>>
>>32262100
They killed a bunch of Chechens I guess? Anyways, looked like the robot had two RPG-26 on top, maybe?
>>
>>32257977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShvAQn5mAcw
>>
>>32257673

Shit, the police in Dallas blew up that BLM faggot with a robot.

That counts.
>>
>>32264727
What's Johnny Five doing in the woods?
>>
>>32264727
Given its kung-fu grip, I'll hope it has a built-in lotion dispenser
>>
>>32257673
I remember reading about this thing, during the live fire demonstration one of the treads got stuck while the 240 was firing and it started to loop back towards the spectators.
>>
China had the world's first ever AI related human injury last month

https://www.rt.com/viral/367426-robot-attack-china-technology/
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.