[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about recoil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: rugGG.jpg (74KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
rugGG.jpg
74KB, 600x457px
For some reason I decided I wanted a gun to shoot bears.
>buys Ruger Guide Gun in 338WM
>read posts on the web about nasty recoil of 338
>read about how it will cause flinch and miss
>read about scopes hitting people in the eye
>take gun to the range, afraid the scope will hit me
>Shoot gun, no scope eye, no bruised shoulder
>Shoot 1.5 MOA groups
>take gun home and remove muzzle break
>Shoot gun at range
>Shoot even better , 1 MOA
>Take whitetail with it, even less issue with recoil while hunting
>Watch videos of people shooting even larger calibers, looks like non issue...

Am I superman, or maybe people on the web were exaggerating?
It didn't even do that much damage to the whitetail. Double lung pass through, just like any other bullet. I think I'm a little disappointed.
>>
People on the web are fucking retarded. Case in point, all the gorillions of ND videos. Proper aiming is as easy as any other hand-eye coordination if you've got your eyesight.
>>
File: 1475200348573.png (300KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475200348573.png
300KB, 633x758px
>>32254257
how heavy are the .338WM projectiles?

either way recoil is probably less than a 12 gauge slinging a 1 oz slug.

you can probably handle it, but a 12 gauge without a rubber buttpad or a semi-auto action will leave bruises on even the strongest men after enough rounds.
>>
>>32254310
They are 225 gr.

I don't remember the last time I shot slugs through the 12GA, but I do remember buck shot making me sore. Half a box of 338 did not make me sore.
>>
>>32254286
I've never looked up ND videos. It sounds like it will hurt my faith in humanity.
>>
>>32254257
With certain exceptions (light guns in large calibers, pocket pistols that you can't grip well) recoil can be mitigated with proper technique. It's not about being a tough guy, it's about holding your gun correctly, which many people don't seem to do, probably for lack of practice and/or training.
>>
>>32254341
It's always hard to watch someone Tex Grebner themselves, even more so when they're so very obviously (and repeatedly) violating safety rules.
>>
File: Magnum.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
I load my own 12Ga. slugs, to target ammo up to magnum, hard loads and while some rifles do boom way more, they always are to me far less recoiling than a heavy load in a 12 Gauge.

Pic related.
>>
>>32254341
I don't know, some of them are pretty funny but it does make part of your brain hurt. The wigger shooting his ceiling twice was good.
>>
Anon, .338 WM isn't THAT bad out of an 8 lbs rifle with a rubber buttpad. Being as your rifle is scoped I'm going to assume your rifle weighs 9 lbs now.

That said, I suggest never putting that muzzle brake on again. Bitches are loud as fuck, for everyone.
>>
>>32254257
>Am I superman

Correct. You are.

Now that I've given you the validation that mommy never did, will you please fuck off?
>>
>>32254257
Same here.
I never had any issues with recoil, in fact I kinda like it.

Gonna pick up my first .300 Win Mag next week, can't wait.
>>
>>32255230
>completely misses that OP was making a rhetorical question
>takes this question literally
>projects his own desire for validation onto OP
The only Special Boy in this thread is you.
>>
File: IMG_20161208_133902.jpg (3MB, 3006x4072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161208_133902.jpg
3MB, 3006x4072px
The people who complain about excessive amounts of recoil are the same people who don't shoot
>>
>>32254257

So much if what you feel is dependent on rifle design, your shooting stance and even what you're wearing that saying "x kicks like y" is subjective.

I was shooting my friends old ruger .338wm alongside my winchester 70 .30-06 and a Ruger american .30-06. By far and away the ruger american was the hardest to handle off the bench because of its light weight.

I also have a sweet old winchester 94 saddle ring in .30-30. That rifle is a pussy cat off hand and surprisingly brutal off the bench because of the metal crescent buttplate.
>>
Among my various firearms I least enjoy shooting a mosin Nagant while prone. The shape of the butt and angle of my chest/shoulder shooting it do not match up well.

Anything else, mostly with bipods is fine. Mosin offhand standing kneeling etc. no problem
>>
>>32255635
>The only Special Boy in this thread is you.
kek'd
>>
>>32254257

You're doing it wrong 'mate

416 Ruger is what the Ruger Guide Gun is supposed to use.

But id agree there's alot of pansies out there who just cant handle even a 20 gauge.

> Perform the Stalingrad Modification for ultimate recoil reduction.
> gun butt is padded like a crutch.
> looks hobo as fuck, but your shoulder will love it
>>
bunch of tacticool sissies whos first gun was an ar15
>>
>>32256921
.338 is a fine cartridge though.

>>32257262
Go fudd somewhere else.
>>
>>32254257
Recoil?
You mean the only thing I feel when I shoot a terrorist?
>>
>>32254257
Recoil is therapy to me.

It's a wonderful feeling that, along with the thunderous boom, makes me giggle like a school girl being fingered through her white panties under her skirt.

I genuinely feel happier when I feel the recoil of my nova, AR, or .30-30.
>>
>>32255208

Its almost like those sound amplifying cans people put on the front of their rifles are worse than useless because a muzzle brake will tame recoil AND give them the boom they want.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.