[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 22

File: the walking dead.jpg (317KB, 1000x495px) Image search: [Google]
the walking dead.jpg
317KB, 1000x495px
Forgive me for not suspending my disbelief, but I never understood how people still drive and use guns in The Walking Dead. Wouldn't there be severe gasoline and ammo shortages after SHTF? Does anyone know of any historical events that could be compared?
>>
>>32250131
Gasoline probably would've gone bad by then, especially since there's a ton of ethanol in American gas. But for some reason, everyone is dead and there are guns and ammo lying around everywhere in TWD.
>>
>>32250131
because TWD is poorly written trash
>>
>>32250131
I think in the show world, only about a year has passed. most all the cars are still functional, gas is just a matter of getting it. Saw a artical once that figured that the total population left in the world is like 200k.
>>
File: 1261615773757.jpg (42KB, 490x461px) Image search: [Google]
1261615773757.jpg
42KB, 490x461px
>>32250131
TWD just has a surplus of gas and ammo because ACTION AND SPLOSIONS! Realism takes a backseat to that stuff. Sucks.

Although I didn't like the show, I liked how Revolution made it known that guns fell by the wayside once most of the ammunition was used up and became a rare and useful commodity.
>>
Non-ethanol gas can last for decades.

Ethanol corn gas even at 10% turns the gas to water.

One of the reasons you should never leave ethanol gas sitting in a small engine....

Ideally if someone has a large supply of good gas and a fuel efficient car and the ability to change oil you should last a few years.
>>
I never understood why in the first two seasons they thought that driving old shit (the RV) was ok. The fucking thing was constantly breaking down and Dale was under the hood repairing the piece of shit. If you wanted an RV so bad just steal a bran new one for christ sake!
>>
>>32250259
>I never understood why
bad writing
>>
You can make a wood stove and distill crude oil and gasoline from wood as well as produce natural gas and heat.

https://youtu.be/arbXj9R6ZXw
>>
>tfw you dropped the show first season when no one picked up anything outside of the CDC

too immersion-breaking tbqhwyfmlm
>>
File: lsd.gif (272KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
lsd.gif
272KB, 200x198px
>>32250281
Sorry for the grammar error.
>>
>>32250188
>>32250131
gasoline and ammo are rare in the show and shown to be a major commodity. Most people died very quickly. less than 5% of the population are surviving.
>>
Why guns are so hard to come by? There is like a 33% chance you walk into a house that has at least one gun. Not to mention all the military bases, police stations, national guard bases, and gun stores that can be looted. People also store ungodly amounts of ammo.
>>
>>32250364
I don't think it's unrealistic at all. the first weeks had lots of firefighting and the army was bombing cities in the attempt to contain the spreading.
>>
>>32250364

Speak for yourself.

Polls are LIES. The 2016 election proved it.

We don't know how many Americans have guns and if we do, then there's tyranny afoot.
>>
>>32250364
Ammo would be easier to come by than gas considering that instory about two years have passed. Better shelf life.
I didn't like that they were using suppressors in season three and now seem to have forgot all about them.

Should be training everyone on melee weapons(spears, swords or machetes and blunt objects) to conserve ammo and for stealth.
>>
File: Screenshot (218).png (715KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (218).png
715KB, 1366x768px
>>32250705
>I didn't like that they were using suppressors in season three and now seem to have forgot all about them.

They are all deaf by now. Rick used his python in a fucking tank in episode 2 or 3 or so. That alone would have cost him half his hearing.

I wonder how well modern firarms would work if cartridges were filled with black powder instead of smokeless powder. Or gun cotton... they have just started manufacturing ammo in the last episode btw.
>>
File: ak bayonet.jpg (71KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
ak bayonet.jpg
71KB, 507x338px
>>32250705
>Should be training everyone on melee weapons(spears, swords or machetes and blunt objects) to conserve ammo and for stealth.
>>
>>32250131
I believe gasoline/ diesel only has a life of 3 years before it gels
>>
>>32251003
They could in theory produce diesel presuming they have enough animal fat to render it from. I think.
>>
>>32250243
Why do we put so much ethanol in gas?
>>
>>32251744
Because the federal government subsidizes the corn industry and mandates it's addition
>>
>>32250810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LopUNq6lF2U
>>
>>32250810
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvhqxVenfcB7_h-PVU4KlKiPFG0FmRij1
>>
File: bostontobaghdad.jpg (125KB, 656x799px) Image search: [Google]
bostontobaghdad.jpg
125KB, 656x799px
>>32250810
I wondered about that too. Their ears would be messed up.

Also black powder can work in modern cartridges and firearms, though with varying degrees of reliability and very very messy as you can imagine.

>give me charcoal to the measure 2
>send the bullet where you want it to
>gimme sulphur to the measure 3
>make that powder gonna keep you free
>give me saltpeter measure 15
>sweetest shootin that you ever seen!
>>
>>32250810
i think they stopped using guns on zombies, mostly
>>
>>32251003
Gas has a 6 month or so lifespan.
Up to 5 years if stored in metal with fuel conditioners.
Diesel has a similar lifespan but older diesel engines can run on a wider range of crap fuels.
>>
>>32251744
Mandated addition in various localities because it's allegedly better for the environment

aside from the following:
>the CO2 that is created during production and transport of it
>less efficient of a fuel
>burns hotter, you will eventually fuck up an engine that wasn't designed for it (which is why you should never use ethanol fuel in your lawnmowers, weed eaters, chainsaws and other small engines unless it specifically states that it is ethanol safe.)
>in older vehicles it literally eats apart the seals and other synthetic components of fuel systems.
>>
>>32251823
>>32251836
>>32251930
but what about gun cotton? that burns clean as fuck.
>>
>>32250285
Frank had a good vision, but he needed a budget AMC decided they preferred coke parties.
>>
>>32250362
That's still 16.5 million burgers.
Thankfully Negan's "army" has shown a better level of scale.

It's sad that any previous challenge didn't have anything bigger than a platoon's worth of combatants.
>>
>>32252118
>It's sad that any previous challenge didn't have anything bigger than a platoon's worth of combatants.

there were tanks ffs. there may be as low as <1% people surviving, it's hard to tell.
>>
>>32250213
It's been way more than a year at this point. Carl is way older, and we know for a fact that it was at least a year before they even got to the prison.
>>
>>32252163
we are at season 7 now but it has not been 7 years in world. 3-4 at most.
>>
>>32252148
Tanks are loud, noisy, and bitch to maintain.

Technicals, HMMWV's and Gun Trucks would be the way to go.

That said the Guv'na was a retard, he could of rushed in with the tank, lord knows Rick is as good at stopping vehicles as he is stopping cocks going into his whore wife.
>>
File: 1480289670695m.jpg (81KB, 1024x713px) Image search: [Google]
1480289670695m.jpg
81KB, 1024x713px
>>32250131
Sorry haven't watched that shit show of a show since season 1.

Got stale quick for retarded reasons like this and many more.

Not to mention waiting around for an hour to see 3 zombies and a cliffhanger.

Would rather watch the shitty ass Jurassic Park anthology...
>>
>>32250213
>I think in the show world, only about a year has passed.

No, because Fear the Walking dead is set in 2010 and that's right at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. So it's been 6 years at least.
>>
File: how do I choot AUG like this.jpg (82KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
how do I choot AUG like this.jpg
82KB, 612x380px
>>32252246
>Tanks are loud, noisy, and bitch to maintain.

sure. but great at assaulting anything, even without ammo it's a weapon.

>Technicals, HMMWV's and Gun Trucks would be the way to go.

governor had those too when he killed the army/ng soldiers.

>That said the Guv'na was a retard, he could of rushed in with the tank, lord knows Rick is as good at stopping vehicles as he is stopping cocks going into his whore wife.

he wanted the prison and you need to make concessions so there can be a plot. if everybody was reasonable there would be no plot. why didn't the emo fagsperg Coral pop Negan in the last episode? he could have. he should have. but he didn't.
>>
>>32250213
>rick/shane's kid was conceived and birthed during the zombie clusterfuck
>that little cunt is almost a toddler now
just going off of those indicators, it's at least 2 years
>>
>>32252016
Half your points are pointless. Don't use the wrong fuel in the wrong engine if it causes problems, retard.
>>
>>32252517

It's a problem with the implementation of the regulations.

Non ethanol fuel is almost unobtanium in california and nevada where I live and work. I have to literally go out of my way to get fuel for my saw mix.
>>
>>32250213
>>32250362
>>32252148
You seem to have no clue.
>>
>>32252656
Bullshit. Every gas station has a "premium" fuel option that is high octane and zero ethanol.
>>
>>32252771
No, generally "premium" is just higher octane, and you still run into the same issues with high octane that you get with ethanol when it comes to small 4 strokes and 2 stroke engines. Less of an issue with older vehicles, but it still burns hotter, and it doesn't change the fact that there are only 19 stations in the entire state of California, and only 7 in nevada that sell non-ethanol fuel.

And they all are at least 2 hours out of my way.

Ultimately it's either, go two hours out of my way, or pay 62 bucks a gallon for non-ethanol premix from the hardware store.

I didn't want to go into the weeds on this, but you also get into issues with rust, carbon fouling and ethanol fuels leaving weird residues in your fuel systems, and as the fuel ages its ignition profile changes drasticly to the point where if you don't have computer controlled ignition systems that can detect the wait the mix is igniting you run into misfires and your engine looking like a gremlin went after it with a ball peen hammer.
>>
>>32250243
It loses octane
After decades it wouldn't even run
>>
File: 800px-WD1.jpg (164KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-WD1.jpg
164KB, 800x450px
>>32250285
The whole "outside of the CDC" scene triggered muh autism.
>>
This is the same show where the bad guys have full auto augs and grenade launchers.

Read The Road
>>
>>32250131
gas will stay good for a year, about 2 years when stabilized.

expired gas can be rehabbed by adding octane.
>>
>>32250259
its not like there are rv dealers in every town
>>
>>32250285
>heavy beltfed machine guns everywhere with ammo still hanging out

>hummers

nope, lets stick with this fucking hunk of shit 78 winnebago and 5 shot winchester pumps...
>>
>>32255684
Is that sarcasm? There literally are RV dealers in just about every town in the US. Not to mention millions of those fuckers sitting unused outside of boomers' houses.
>>
>>32255718
That is why i didn't continue to watch that show.
Rick is supposed to have some sort of training, why does he act like an imbecile most of the time?
>>32250281
that's what it boils down to
>>
>>32255831
Maybe he wasnt familiar with the DSHK.
>>
>>32255831
>Rick is supposed to have some sort of training, why does he act like an imbecile most of the time?

That's necessary for there to be a plot. Remember how they made a big deal out of Coral being "too hardcore"? Who would do that under those circumstances?
>>
>>32250131
Everything can be made at home
Gas is tricky, bio diesel is better and can be made very easily

ammunition can be re made and reloaded easily with a press
>>
>>32255889
>bio diesel is better and can be made very easily
How many acres of rape do you have to harvest to that end?

>ammunition can be re made and reloaded easily with a press

powder? primers? new brass to replace the worn out brass?
>>
File: triggerd.png (24KB, 117x67px) Image search: [Google]
triggerd.png
24KB, 117x67px
>>32251930
>>
>>32255868
>plot
Yeah, i get that point. But it really bugged the hell out of me.
>see a shitton of gore, murder an violence
>kill people on a regular basis
>everyone in your squad has severe PTSD, going nuts or becoming crybabys
>"B-but let's not forget about our humanity, r-right?"

Reeee. Why can't we have a zombie apocalypse show with Professionals operating? Or would that be boring, without all the emotion?
>>
>>32255906
no one would take vegetable oil form stores..

no guns wouldn't look twice at reloading supplies when raiding fun shops

or at chems at a pharmacy to make your own powder

Brass you'll have to find and reuse
Get a brass trimmer so you can make more casings for your firearm
>>
>>32250131
yeah and where does all this prepackaged food that doesnt expire come from ?
stories try to get certain details right to create the illusion that it's plausible, it's all fiction. there are zombies running around it's cool how the show drags on the zombies get more decayed looking, but yeah why didn't all the zombies mass starve to death right away after a month or two after it happened? why dont they just go north where zombies have no body heat and would freeze solid like a chunk of meat? its just a fictional show stop nitpicking
>>
>>32255996
>no one would take vegetable oil form stores.

Really? You know, the Greens tried bio diesel and it failed miserably. It's not economically feasible, it hawls food prices up which hurts the porr (remember those GREENS?) and it's not even CO2 neutral. It's a feel good garbage idea.

What you could do is get one of those military trucks that run on old moor oil and harvest that from cars on the highways as you clear them so they can be used in the future.

>no guns wouldn't look twice at reloading supplies when raiding fun shops

Maybe. But there was massive firefighting in the beginning and the army even bombed places. Ammo would have been on everybody's mind past week 3 at the latest.

>or at chems at a pharmacy to make your own powder

Literally less than 0.0001% of people know how to make powder.

>Brass you'll have to find and reuse

So it's a finate ressource? Thx.

>Get a brass trimmer so you can make more casings for your firearm

That's not how a trimmer works.
>>
>>32255982

>professionals operating

Because professionals wouldn't do any better? Pros are only as pro as their supply line. Plus the conflict in zombie shows is 99% humans 1% zombies. Zombies are just the inevitable event that happens to force controversy while the humans dick each other over.

The only time zombies are a legitimate threat because of their physique is the Dawn of the Dead remake where they are just insane people with massive damage resistance due to headshots only. That's the only real case for zombies being dangerous in a setting since otherwise they are just 'briskly walk away and break line of sight' which makes them as much of a threat as a bunch of pensioners with sporks trying to eat you.
>>
>>32256107
>The only time zombies are a legitimate threat because of their physique is the Dawn of the Dead remake where they are just insane people with massive damage resistance due to headshots only.

>what is WWZ
>what is Resident Evil
>what is 28x later
>>
>>32256042
Tinned food lasts decades past it's sellbydate as long as its the fully sealed kind and not the ring pull stuff. Non-dairy foil packed goods are the same as well.

It's why the logic of idiot preppers going 'ONLY GET DRIED GOODSLOL' doesn't make sense when if you have a shelf of tinned fish and sealed meat goods then you have protein for years if you limit consumption.

Granted there's more efficient methods using space but fish in sunflower/canola/olive oil can also be used to fry your rice and vegetables as well and save space for other goods instead of storing 30 1l bottles of vegetable oil.

Same as why dried stock cubes are amazing value for storerooms.
>>
>>32255604
>Read The Road

I don't flinch watching IS vids but that movie creeped me out. Fucking hell.
>>
>>32256143

>WWZ

Same as DotD and were runners.

>Resident Evil

Zombies never were a threat other than plot retardation or accidents. Even in game its purely plot that the zombies get anywhere.

>28x

Weren't zombies in the slightest. Rabies infected humans who could be killed easily but the infection was insanely fast and spread too quick to be contained.

In a TWD scenario or every other zombie movie? Over before they could kill everyone.

A fat taxi driver with riot gear in a flat was physically capable of dominating 3 of them at once because they weren't an actual threat because of their power but because they vomited blood and pus everywhere.

They also only moved because they ran out of supplies and wanted out of the city.

Could have easily just gathered shit and gone back to the flat and survived but logic > movie in terms of survivability so they needed a reason to move.
>>
>>32256051
???
I am litterally talking about /k/omandos surviving, not the show. Biodiesel will run and run well when done right and is a better option than gas.
Using motor oil in the military trucks make them run like garbage but it still runs

everything is a finite source anon (besides hurr durr energy is infinite)

brass trimmers do not work on all casings, ex you can turn a 50bmg into a 7.62 nato casing, but it helps for ammo you find that no one uses

its not arguing, its adding to our knowledge so us 0.00001% can blow our selves up

t. anon that handed in a research paper on biodiesel at 1000 hours this morning
>>
>>32256198
>ex you can turn a 50bmg into a 7.62 nato casing
cant*
>>
>>32256107
>Pros are only as pro as their supply line.
Now tell that to Bear Grylls. (inb4 rah rah.)

>Zombies are just the inevitable event that happens to force controversy while the humans dick each other over.
Spot on there. But professional wouldn't be all emotional about it. There's too much whining going on in that show is what i'm saying.
Anyways, it's just another show, let's leave it like that
>>
>>32256192
>Same as DotD and were runners.

WWZ Zs are fast enough to create a wave that allows them to scale walls that are 20m+ high. That alone is science fiction. These things are scary as fuck.

>Zombies never were a threat other than plot retardation or accidents. Even in game its purely plot that the zombies get anywhere.

Physically they are capable. TwD and Z Nation ones are not.

>Weren't zombies in the slightest. Rabies infected humans who could be killed easily but the infection was insanely fast and spread too quick to be contained.

Something infected that wants to kill you=Zs for me.
>>
>>32256198
>I am litterally talking about /k/omandos surviving, not the show.

Ok.

>Biodiesel will run and run well when done right and is a better option than gas.

Again, where are oyu getting it? You'd have to grow it and that takes a lot of fields. Those fucks int he show can't even secure their little hamlet from Zs....

>Using motor oil in the military trucks make them run like garbage but it still runs

They run. That's what matters. Filter the oil through some strainers if that's all you have.

>brass trimmers do not work on all casings, ex you can turn a 50bmg into a 7.62 nato casing, but it helps for ammo you find that no one uses

brass trimmers trimm down fired and thus elongated brass to spec. the firing results in the wall thickness of the brass decreasing. in every reload and tuse with every trimming you are removing material. That's why brass is only reloadable some 4 times for rifle brass and some brass may crack after one or two reloads already.

>its not arguing, its adding to our knowledge so us 0.00001% can blow our selves up

k

>t. anon that handed in a research paper on biodiesel at 1000 hours this morning

k
>>
>>32256198
>its not arguing, its adding to our knowledge so us 0.00001% can blow our selves up

Does anybody know how well gun cotton works in crtridges? It burns much cleaner than BP and if you have a river/creek/running water to use to wash the cotton it would be much easier to produce me thinks.
>>
>>32256324
biodiesel can be made from almost any organic oil and even animal fat. You can grow it, sure, but thats a pain

you can scav for veg oil in stores, or used in resuraunts

you can even run some vehicles on whole vegetable oil

why all the hate

good info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel

specifically Biodiesel feedstocks

>inb4 citing wikipedia
>>
Ammo and guns shortage in such a scenario would be complete bullshit.

There are more guns than people in the US and the government has countless warehouses just full of ammo.

I don't get why not everyone is driving around in military vehicles fully kitted out in military gear pulling trailers full of guns and ammo.

Same shit pissed me off about The Road
>>
>>32256457
in fear the walking dead it is shown that the army leveled LA with air raids and used guns on walkers.
>>
>>32255547
Is that a fucking DShK?

What the fuck
>>
>>32250131
Forget the gas & ammo; where the fuck are these chainsmokers getting their goddamned CIGARETTES from?!
>>
>>32256457
One thing I do like is that you see the survivors going toward the more common weapons(AR's, 9 mm pistols and .45's, shotguns, some AK's, etc) and less of the bolt action hunting rifles.
Pretty much what you would see,I think.

Again, need suppressors. Have Eugene whip some up. Last one I saw was on Aaron's rifle over a season ago.
>>
>>32256985
5 years into the pokeclypse, 3030 and other less mainstream calibers are probably going to be more common. a 44mag levergun is probably going to be one of the better guns that would be feedable with ammo.
>>
File: Immortanjoe.png (1MB, 1700x705px) Image search: [Google]
Immortanjoe.png
1MB, 1700x705px
>>32250131
To gas town!
>>
>>32257241
>bulletfarm

lol
>>
>>32256324
My eye was twitching untill you corrected him about the trimmers,

I reload cast bullets to just under factory velocity in my 3030 and havent had a case fail in less than 15 reloads, but that was neck sizing only and anealing every 5 firings,
>>
>>32257127
unusable ammo would just be cannibalized into reloads by anyone with half a brain.
>>
>>32257349
maybe but I'm not pulling apart factory 3006 to make 223 with a lee rifle loader kit. I'm tring to get a garand.
>>
>>32250364
>>32250565
When polled, I own zero guns.
IRL I could arm my neighborhood.
>>
>>32257416
With pistol ammunition you can take apart almost any cartridge that uses large pistol primers and use the components (minus projectile) in a rifle case that takes a large rifle primers, its anemic but using small charge of pistol powder in rifle cartridge to push a cast bullet at 900-1700fps is alot more common than people realize
>>
File: how to kill my dad.jpg (87KB, 474x700px) Image search: [Google]
how to kill my dad.jpg
87KB, 474x700px
>>32257241
I LIVE!
I DIE!
I LIVE AGAIN!
>tfw you will never be a badass scavenger vigilante in a post-apocalyptic desert world
>>
File: 414-355-CIMG3835.png (53KB, 414x355px) Image search: [Google]
414-355-CIMG3835.png
53KB, 414x355px
>>32258345
say I'm running an AR and a PLR-16 as my backup pistol. i come across a stash of 500-700rds of 44mag but no gun. what do I do?

>squirrel ammo away and hope nobody finds it before I return
>destroy ammo so it can't be used against me
>take the ammo apart and take the powder with me in a ziploc bag
>>
>>32258436
>>
>>32252295

anybody could kill negan, they've got guns, all it takes is him walking down the hall and put 20 in him just to be sure

but then everybody else dogpiles your ass, drags you over to the kiln and irons your dick off followed by your face and finally smashes your skull in with That Bat . . . even though negan is dead

you have to look at the way Negan brainwashes and breaks everybody

also Negan despite his methods makes sure that his gang gets everything they need, they're riding the Gravy Train and especially his lieutenants (the ones who bend the knee, not work for points)

kill Negan you kill the Gravy Train, everybody is going to make you suffer and die for that

Plus its alluded that most of the people in the Saviours are Serial Killers either before the apocalypse or after it.
> they love brutally killing people
> negan keeps them from killing each other, and provides them with fresh means to earn frags
> they take photos of their work and post it on walls

> Meet a new group? take their shit but the finders fee is ONE FREE KILL on that group to teach em who is boss. And if they cant live with that they all die.
>>
>>32250131
ammo wouldn't be as rare as its always depicted in post apoc media. the walking dead makes ok sense when it comes to guns and ammo being prevalent because if everyone dies all you have to do is start opening safes and closet in every house and you will find guns and ammo.
>>
>>32258609
>and irons your dick off
did he do that to dwight?
>>
>>32256457

Actually ive posted this as a question to the comic book writers.

Given that they are in the Washington DC area I would think all sorts of military assets would be available.

There's got to be a military base around there that still has tons of salvageable shit around and not just normal guns but heavy weapons too.

The Governor got alot of his stuff in the comic from a local national guard station (and had the tank in advance), in the tv show they knocked off national guard guys but just like that Prison there has to be assets.

Armed Zombies do not shoot guns, they dont know what they are, and in any case the sling probably rots off and the weapon drops.

>>32258436

>44 magnum
You squirrel away most of the ammo, some place nobody is gonna be able to check, out in plain sight is a good place when there's zombies. That means like in something that nobody would check because it dont seem like there's anything worthwhile in it, and with zombies everywhere nobody has time for trifles. Make sure nobody sees you doing this either, go back behind a house or something.

> the face when 400 rounds of 44 magnum are hidden in a Railroad Electrical Box, the kind that regulate the crossing guards.

You keep 50-100 rounds of it, keep your eye out for a gun that uses it but dont pay much mind about it otherwise. Any gun that uses 44 mag is slow to reload and has shit capacity so you wouldnt be using much ammo with it, but since you hid the ammo you know where more is if you do find a 44 mag gun.
>>
>>32250188
>guns and ammo lying around everywhere in TWD.

It is based in America so there are probably massive stock piles everywhere. A group of survivors has got to come across a ammo hoarders place once in a while.
>>
>>32258770
>> the face when 400 rounds of 44 magnum are hidden in a Railroad Electrical Box, the kind that regulate the crossing guards.

your stash for shtf? isn't it illegal messing around with traffic electronic like that?
>>
>>32258636
>start opening safes
could prove a difficult task without powertools. the guys who have big ammo stashes usually have great safes for it too.
>>
>>32258815
bro, he was talking post-apoc stashing place, not his current one.
>>
>>32258815

dumbass im talking about after the shit hits the fan not before

put yourself in the mindset, shit already hit the fan, zombies everywhere, aint hardly nobody alive to go searching through everything everywhere

you could flatten a tire and hide shit in the tire as long as you knew somebody wasnt going to scavenge it for some reason (maybe somebody wants some rubber padding for some reason).

railroad crossing box has electronic stuff in it probably, doubtful anybody is going to want to break into that thing to get shit out of it - only possible reason being if society was being actually restored in some local area - or if someone else came through and thought it was a nifty place to hide something also.

but they're usually locked so nobody else would be likely to check or have time with it (zombies)

>>32258699

nope only his face

but I think the rest of the crew looking to be creative to kill the guy who killed their chances for prosperity would want to get creative

and would want to kill the person in short order out of rage, rather than grind them down in a cell

so some dude would go - "no we're not doing this here, drag him down to the main room, he gets the iron"

and the face isnt the only place the slayer of negan would get it, so they'd start somewhere else and where you think that would be?

> as a spoiler at least in the comic...

> negan doesnt die, yet anyway, and dwight ended up taking over the saviours

> but the only reason the group wouldnt have turned on dwight is because alexandria is still such a major power

> so more or less they just became another group like hilltop or the kingdom or alexandria ruled by a more even tempered hand

> dwight even moved lucielle somewhere else so that way people wouldnt see it and get reminded, due to it being a war totem.
>>
>>32258875
>dumbass im talking about after the shit hits the fan not before

don't shoot me ffs. I got confused. I got 1000rds of 556 in a canister innawoods myself. I'm unsure about it though.

>put yourself in the mindset, shit already hit the fan, zombies everywhere, aint hardly nobody alive to go searching through everything everywhere

k
>>
>>32258809

> the delivery truck
> which jesus had when they met him
> which ended up at the bottom of a lake

id agree but actually stockpiles are usually hidden, there are also tons of houses but which one has the ammo hoarder in it?

houses have to be cleared and every zombie encounter is a risk of being bit, many houses still have their original occupants in them (as they came back home to tend their bite near the beginning and then turned, and then also took out their family, but the door was securely locked so they all probably stay inside).

>>32258918
not a problem but just sayin

yeah if you got stuff hidden innawoods like that and you know Exactly where it is, its unlikely it will be found by anyone.

as for innawoods storage, if you find a nice big set of bramble bushes and you can weasel your way inbetween them without being tore up its a perfect place to store something
> if its blackberries nobody is going to damage that bush
> brambles are a pain in the ass, and the sides, and the arms, and even the face - nobody is going to do anything with that bush.
> and if somebody hacks the shit out of it with a machete they're not going to give a shit about the ground under it.

Brambles also provides good camouflage for stowing a tent behind as well.
>>
>>32250131
I don't understand how the ammo is unbelievable.

There's a whole lot of ammo around at any point in time. I assume almost everyone on this board has at least 1000 assorted rounds lying around. I've got like 3000-4000 myself.
Then on top of every regular jack off Americans with lots of bullets you also have every walmart, bassproshop, gun shop, and stores of the like holding easily tens of thousands of rounds each plus reloading equipment.
And if that's not enough, you have factories, warehouses, and armories that have millions of rounds and raw materials.

What's more unbelievable to me is that all the zombies don't have a bullet in their head already.
>>
>>32258837
99% of safes and locking cabinets in the US are cheap shit you can open with a crowbar and a sledge
>>
>>32255718
You mean 50 shot pumps right
>>
>>32258990

this too, and these survivors are scrounging everywhere it looks like something might have been left behind so they're gonna come across bullets and guns - maybe not all the time but there's always another small 2000 or 5000 population down just a few miles down the road

> dont have a bullet in their head already
Everybody has been infected in some way, not explained well but it could be a supernatural dead-pouring-out-of-hell type of thing (I seem to remember a cheesy zombie movie with Dennis Hopper in it from the 90s with a skyscraper called Fiddler's Green, same kinda thing in that movie).

Anybody who dies turns. First point they noticed this was Rick and Shane were getting in a drag out fight and noticed zombies that didnt have any bite wounds on them.

But also combat stress is such if you've got a situation like zombies going on, you may not know what to do. Shoot-shoot-shoot run, fight, whatever gets you away.

People are deer pretty much, even if they could get a gun they might not be effective with it. The survivors 2 years into the apocalypse are survivors for a reason.
> walmart
I do have to say that just like any other SHTF the stores arent going to be where you find anything.

Even very early on after the shit has hit the fan and the shelves have been mostly cleared, someone will go through and scavenge anything of even any remote value despite not being able to use it.

The .270 winchester will probably be the last to fly off the shelves but trust me it will, if the few guys who have 270s in an area didnt come in and just cart all that shit and run out the door with it.
> hmm, maybe I can trade it later on, someone must have a gun like this.
>>32259003
and with hours of downtime each day to play around with it and get creative, it will come apart
>boredom sucks, lets go crack a safe
>>
File: bayonet ak.jpg (110KB, 800x267px) Image search: [Google]
bayonet ak.jpg
110KB, 800x267px
>>32259124
>The .270 winchester will probably be the last to fly off the shelves but trust me it will, if the few guys who have 270s in an area didnt come in and just cart all that shit and run out the door with it.

If I was that guy and came across ammo I didn't want to carry with me I'd just straight out destroy it. Trading ammo? No thx.

>and with hours of downtime each day to play around with it and get creative, it will come apart boredom sucks, lets go crack a safe

maybe but sound attracts walkers. that's the main flaw of the show, you don't shoot a walker because the sound attracts 3 more walkers. Beating on a safe ought to be loud and you'll find most safes that carry reasonable amounts of guns and ammo in well of suburban areas which would be full of walking dead kids, housewives etc.

pic related, me in TwD.
>>
>>32256107

This

I mean look at the end of the first Resident Evil movie.
> "spence? spence?"
> "you have any idea how much money this is worth?"
> all the while they're still trapped in the fucking Hive which was designed to contain this kinda shit

I stopped watching TWD at the end of the 2nd season because I didnt think it was going anywhere. Didnt know it was based on a comic either. Some dude told me to "just watch it dude"

Ive told people about TWD and they said they dropped off at some point and im like... dude the plot Totally fucking changed starting 3rd season.

100% about the People and Thugs that survived, zombies are just an ambient hazard like radscorpions or some shit.

> Negan and his crew are 100% realistic and inevitable in ANY shit hit the fan, especially one that lasts more than 6 weeks.

> Even the Cops in the Atlanta Hospital back in TWD 4th or 5th season are alot like the Saviours just less effective and lower number.

> Cops often become the new Gang, they've got the guns and melee training, and at the beginning they can even still use their authority to con people. But they're going to be raping the women they drag in, and they're going to be making the men do grunt work before beating them to death because they're eating too much.

> bend over little girl, I know you're just eleven but you can take it
>>
>>32250229
Holy shit Revolution was bad. TWD is bad and full of product placement but holy fuck revolution was garbage. I feel like ammo wouldn't fall off as easily as they make it out to be. You don't need electricity to make bullets and gunpowder.
>>
>>32259124
I watch the show so I know about everyone being infected, but still it just seems difficult to not clear out all the zombies. The way they line up against fences and get bayoneted would be clearing out scores every day.

As far as walmarts and stuff getting looted, I get that but the point is the stuff looted would at least still be in existence somewhere. I doubt all the ammo would actually run out very quickly at all.

On a side note, a recent episode pissed me off because a lady reloaded a 50AE and got a 9mm.
>>
>>32250131
Fuel shortage, yes: fuel goes sour quickly unless stabilized so the entire supply would basically disappear within a few months of the refineries stopping.

Ammo, not necessarily. It would depend entirely on how much shooting happened in the first convulsion of the end. If, like in TWD, the vast vast majority of the human race has been snuffed out within a handfull of days it's quite likely that a significant number of the over a trillion rounds of ammo in the US would have survived and if centralized they would not likely be shot out by small groups of survivors even over an extended period of time, especially given the fact that there are thousands of rounds for every walker, bandit, and questionable person.

It is pretty immersion breaking that they use full retard tho
>>
>>32259214
You would be the type of person that makes TWD possible.

I'd be there like "you know guys, these zombies are actually pretty easy to keep out and we can grow more than enough food with this reduced population", while you'd be going around burning whatever you can't use.
>>
>>32251744
Corn, its fuckhuge industry in this country.
>>
>>32255982
>>"B-but let's not forget about our humanity, r-right?"

when Tyreese didn't kill Martin the cannibal I sperged out like cazy.
>>
>>32252148
Dont tanks suck up fuel at an insane amount?
>>
>>32259361
>You would be the type of person that makes TWD possible.

Maybe. But I'm not a violent person. I never shot birds as as a kid with my air rifle.

>I'd be there like "you know guys, these zombies are actually pretty easy to keep out and we can grow more than enough food with this reduced population",

Until Governor Brian comes with a tank and says you have to go back.

>while you'd be going around burning whatever you can't use.

Nope. Just ammo.
>>
>>32259382
sure. but they also had a Tank transporter
>>
>>32259422
Fuck the Governor. I'd pick up every Abrams tank I found like in Atlanta because those things run on anything combustible.
>>
>>32258975
> the delivery truck
> which jesus had when they met him
> which ended up at the bottom of a lake

Classic Rick leadership. Jesus was the one stealing the truck and fucking Rick and Darryl left the keys in the ignition when they left the truck to check out some gunfire which turned out to be firecrackers in a barrel set off by Jesus as a decoy.
>>
>>32259382
Like I just said, US tanks run on anything combustible, but they do only get a mile to the gallon. But you could nonetheless make your own fuel for them in abundance. In that respect they'd be some of the best vehicles.
>>
>>32258251
Thanks for correcting the record
>>
>>32259468
>But you could nonetheless make your own fuel for them in abundance

I wonder if you could use zombie carcasses for that....
>>
File: Tank1.jpg (103KB, 795x444px) Image search: [Google]
Tank1.jpg
103KB, 795x444px
>>32259468
sorry, US armed forces only have Chieftains it seems
>>
>>32250131

everyone on earth would have to go to america and shoot twice for them to run out of bullets
>>
File: TWDSHOW.jpg (450KB, 961x720px) Image search: [Google]
TWDSHOW.jpg
450KB, 961x720px
>>32259633
>>
>>32252052
Gun Cotton = Nitrocellulose
Gunpowder = Nitrocellulose + a couple other things
>>
>>32258609
>All that stuff
Except the power vacuum created by Negan being killed.
>>
File: 13306312661953.jpg (89KB, 425x330px) Image search: [Google]
13306312661953.jpg
89KB, 425x330px
>>32251744
>>32250243
>>32251798
>>32252016
>>32259369
>>
>>32252517
At least where I am, in southern Virginia, there are no gas stations within 1hr that sell ethanol free gas, on the coasts its unobtainium
>>
>>32256355
plain jane guncotton gets weird in small arms cartridges
if you can make it go the extra step of dissolving it into a sheet of nitrocellulose and make poudre B, it'll be more consistent in burning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JwMeUQbINI
>>
>>32259699

I'd love to know how the tank crews got killed. Surely they'd have just shut the hatches, fired up the engines and driven away.
>>
>>32250364
My question is "where is all the military equipment?"
It's all diesel and that shit should be everywhere.
So where are the strykers, hummers, brads and 113's
>>
>>32262461
Probably on military bases surrounded by zombies when everyone died and turned.
Or out of fuel in the middle of larger cities again surrounded by zeds.
>>
File: Glenn OPERATING.jpg (619KB, 648x1356px) Image search: [Google]
Glenn OPERATING.jpg
619KB, 648x1356px
>>32252295
>>
>>32262461
They all fell into a plot hole
>>
>>32250131
Technically there would probably be a ton of ammo and gasoline if everyone died fast enough. Ammo will last decades, gasoline only lasts a few years.
>>
>>32250131

Bio-diesel. Diesel cars , trucks and military vehicles will run on bio-diesel and it's easy enough to make. Basically in a zombie scenario kill zombies in the area , put on a good PPE and then chop off all the fat , burn the fat and boil it , strain it , refine , strain again , there is bio-diesel.

Ammo is ammo , you can cast then re-use the primers using 50/50 mix of matches and red phosphorus for a impact sensitive explosive, then either more matches for powder or black powder that's refined and granulated. It's not rocket science , black powder is dirty as balls but easy enough to clean if you have time and in TWD or zombie scenario you will have oddles.

Not to mention ammo will be available everywhere and calibers not in use will be canibalized for the ones in use.
>>
>>32251744
Various other gasoline additives have been regulated away for environmental concerns. Ethanol is the cheapest gasoline additive that hasn't been banned.
>>
>>32259699
I'd like to know how that nice white concrete isn't totally bloodstained
>>
>>32250810
Glocks cycle bp 9mm
>>
>>32252278
>Slams jp, posts weeb shit

Wtf k
>>
>one character leaves the walls to go look for something/somebody
>other characters follow
>SHTF and someone ends up dead

Every fucking time this happens
>>
>>32259032
50 shot pumps per gat blast.
>>
>>32262364
probably ordered to abandon the tanks and left on foot or in a humvee.
>>
>>32250243
It wouldn't turn to water, it would turn to lacquer.
>>
>>32259124
Nigga land of the dead came out in 2005.
>>
>>32261515
Any marinas near you? Like at a lake? Marinas always stock non-ethanol because most boaters insist on it.
>>
>>32250131
>Hyundai surviving in the zone
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
>>
>>32266412
azn cars are better than US made ones. It's a fact, like gravity.
>>
>>32266426
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
>>
>>32259299
This actually. Revolution sends everybody back to the stone age because we lost electricity, something we lived without in civilization for several thousand years. America was founded and existed for one hundred years before everybody got electricity.

Worse then that, the show takes place like 15-20 years after the loss of electricity, and people are living in mud-huts and shit, and are running around like they just lost power yesterday. No one has set up businesses like saw mills and no-one takes care of their shit.

The uncle's bar has pillars fallen in the middle and ivy growing around it and shit. C'mon, people took care of their buildings before electricity was widespread, stop being lazy fucks now.

Fuck I hated that show
>>
>>32250357
I think he meant the show has bad writing
>>
>>32251744

Because Al Gore wanted to win Iowa. He says as much.

>Al Gore says his support for corn-based ethanol subsidies while serving as vice president was a mistake that had more to do with his desire to cultivate farm votes in the 2000 presidential election than with what was good for the environment.
"It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for first-generation ethanol," Gore said at a green energy conference in Athens, Greece ... On reflection, Gore said the energy conversion ratios -- how much energy is produced in the process -- "are at best very small." "One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee," he said, "and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."
>>
>>32250131
The one thing I want to be depicted in a zombie movie is this

A. Start out movie with extermination squad driving around in a south African apartheid style armored flatbed shooting zombies with .22s at close range. Cheese like being in a livestock transport trailer (mostly open barred trailer) with sharpened rebar popping zombie brain cases.
B. Have a survival group going zone by zone clearing farmland or something and immediately fencing it off and/or diggingg trenches
C. Most people outside of specific operations like in A. Ride bikes or walk, gasoline is scarce and most are using diesel trucks for transporting salvage.
D. With this world established, have the movie based around shit going south HARD

If anyone has played a zombie game where zombies are easy as shit to kill and you're a murder machine every once in a while you get your shit wrecked by fucking up or suprise zombies. Especially in urban environments with short lines of sight.

Basically that where a reclamation team gets routed and a few of the survivors with limited gear/resources try to get back to the green zone. Biggest things being limited ammo, avoiding zombies, and the limitations of foot transport over long distances.
>>
>>32251003
>>32251655

Fun fact, you can run kerosene through a diesel if you add a tiny bit of transmission fluid to it.
>>
because the walking dead is garbage written by people who have no idea about guns

>rick limpwrists his .44 mag
>the governor shooting with an ar-15 with no rear sight
>the governor aiming an Aug using his eyepatched eye and his shooting hand nowhere near the trigger and holding a flashlight
>those 50 round pump action shotguns
>refusal to pick up plentiful military weapons with shitloads of ammo, instead keeping their shit-tier lever guns

i had to stop watching after the prison
>>
>>32252295
>implying an Abrams tank can last longer than a month without constant parts coming in to repair it

T. Abrams tanker

Literally tanks aren't made to work. Everything on them is in a constant state of breaking.

>implying there's enough jph to fuel its jet engine
It burns 450 gallons of high octane fuel after only eight hours of operation. If you sit it and turn off the engine the batteries will die within four hours and it'll be unable to start unless you have another tank jump start it. Realistically you can push a tank to last, sitting still, only charging the batteries, for maybe two weeks before it's completely worthless. It takes 16 gallons of fuel and 23 amps in the battery to start the engine.

>reminder that abrams have no bottom exit
>>
>>32266959
>16 gallons just to start the engine
this gives me a 'Murica fueled quarter chub
>>
File: 1475180575993.png (357KB, 340x471px) Image search: [Google]
1475180575993.png
357KB, 340x471px
>>32256240
>fast enough to create a wave that allows them to scale walls that are 20m+ high
>>
File: 800px-TWDS6-Trailer-AK-1.jpg (74KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
800px-TWDS6-Trailer-AK-1.jpg
74KB, 800x449px
Not to defend this shitcan of a show but if the show is to be believed ammo shouldnt be uncommon
>society fell in literally a couple weeks according to Fear the Walking Dead
>most civilians were dead by then
Honestly the amount of ammo in the US currently must be in the billions especially with all the fudds hoarding shit, maybe the 10s of billions seeing as how firearms are estimated to be around 310 million currently and steadily climbing. Only 100 million or so Americans own guns and if the vast majority were wiped out in a few weeks there should still be plenty around seeing as how the show has never shown evidence of any sort of large scale resistance where the dead are actively hunted instead of being avoided so ammo being used up rapidly seems unlikely. Most people also keep ammo in safes of at the very least drawers so its not like its going to be ruined from exposure. From my take I think ammo would be hella common, food would be the priority.

But hey its a garbage show where 90% of encountered problems could be logically solved with solutions I come up with while watching it, ammo is simply a plot point to be as common or rare as needed.

Also Rick's AK is aesthetic as fuck, I want a WASR just to put Plum on it
>>
>>32250131
>because it's poorly written trash TV marketed at idiots by the MSM

That being said, a lot of power plants in the US could/would continue to function fairly autonomously for quite a while. Which means all the gas stations with recirculators (99.999% of all gas stations) would still have their recirculators running. Which means gas doesn't even start to go bad until about 6 months after the recirculators die, which could take anywhere from months to years depending on whether a large portion of an area's electricity comes from a coal plant, nuclear, hydro, wind turbine, or solar. Solar and wind would be the most likely to keep producing electricity with zero human input, nuclear the least likely.

Moreover, not all gas is created equal. Ethanol speeds the degradation of gas, and 0% ethanol gas (hard to find but still out there) lasts pretty well indefinitely.

With errybody dead, every car parts store and their millions of cans of fuel additives and/or stabilizers can artificially prolong the life of even E85. Simply loot a Pep Boys every time you make a gas run.

And finally, standard </=10% ethanol gas that has turned bad can be reinvigorated by mixing in a small quantity of good gas and shaking the piss out of it to break up the lacquer (which is basically all recirculation is, in combination of running it through a water separator). It will never be quite as good as fresh, but it will be good enough to run most engines with no issues. You'll lose some horsepower but it's not like it'll gum up the fuel pump or anything.

Your biggest threat to a gas supply is water contamination, as then you'd have to filter it through a fairly complex system and then test it for water content. Anything over about 1/2% water content will ruin a car engine, and anything over 4.5ppm water content (0.00045% water content) will ruin many aviation engines.

>hurr gunz n' ammo errywhere
this is MURICA son. We have enough guns to give 2 to every adult.
>>
>>32266426
kek
2014 hyundai elantra, on 3rd motor.
Worst Korean car.
>>
>>32250131
Maybe some on figured out or a scientist was still alive who knows how to make petrol or bio fuel
>>
>>32262991
>glenn operating
KEK

Also
>asian with giant optic
>>
>>32250131
Cars don't actually need gas, it's a lie told by petroleum enterprises and supported by corrupt politicians and dirty car conglomerates to steal taxpayer money and keep citizens subject to tyrannical governments. Wake up sheeple.
>>
>>32266811
He has a python not an andaconda it's .357 mag
>>
>>32267531
Jill Stein pls go
>>
The Strain depicted a better end of the world situation-60+ days from the landing of the airplane which started the vampire infection to the total collapse of the NYPD and the detonation of a nuclear bomb that darkens the sky and lets the vampires come out during day light hours. Ignoring certain pants on head retarded moments in The Strain, the plumes of smoke, constant sirens, some military helicopters and in the end, constant gun fire and screaming lend a view to the collapse I don't think I've seen before and enjoyed watching.

Lots of movies do the 24-hour break down, like the dawn remake, or the story begins after everythings turned to shit like TWD or they cut away from things like FTWD did with the 9 day time jump and concentrating on characters with limited visibility to the world around them instead of characters like the Dr and the two Guardsmen who had a much clearer picture of just how much shit the world was in than the junky, his enabling mom and her new hubby and the ex and her son.
>>
no gas, I guess that's why it took them 2 weeks to get from Alexandria to the beach, instead of 3 or 4 hours
>>
>>32250131
Fuckin moonshine man. And when you run out of ammo, some rounds work fine if you reload them with black powder, like the 45-70. And any dumbass with basic knowledge of chemistry can make gunpowder.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.