[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is wrong with gun trading sites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Every time I use these sites I have a terrible experience
What is it that makes them so bad?
>>
The cross section of gun owners and people who know how to get past "The Google" is a bad place for bad people. See /k/ for example.
>>
>>32249843
If it's anything like me and my friend who talk about trading, everyone over values their gun.
>>
>>32249843
Well, buying and selling guns in person isn't usually all that great either.
>>
>>32249843
I have yet to have a bad transaction dealing through Gunbroker as a buyer or a seller. That said, I do avoid buying from many sellers who have shitty personalities or who overvalue their guns, but that's just common sense. There are good sellers to be found on the site.

Do you have a bad story you want to share?
>>
>>32249843
My favorite was Armslist removed a post of mine for a custom 10/22 receiver because it was in the wrong category...yeah. I put it in with rifles. I could put it with pistols. Its registered as other so doesn't matter huh? No they want it in accessories.
>>
>>32249843
It helps to not be retarded.
>>
>>32249843

>check gunbroker for some cheap ammo
>find a nice deal
>bid on it
>someone else begins bidding on it
>then another person bids on it
>repeat until the price is so high that it's a terrible deal (you could go to any random ammo site and pay less per round at this point)
>they keep bidding anyway

I will never understand these people.
>>
>>32251425
I bought my HP on there dude sent a piece of shit gun that wasn't even a HP contacted seller & he sent me a better HP than I paid for so 10/10 would do again
>>
>>32252492
These are probably the same fuckers that bid-up a 941 I was looking at. They didn't start the bid war until the last 3 minutes, where it went from $325 (my bid) to $720+ (I stopped watching). And mind you, it wasn't a special model or anything, just a run-of-the-mill early 90s 941.
>>
I've used gun broker 3 times, and aside from the seller not communicating with me after shipment of the 3rd order and I got a surprise delivery, it's all gone very smoothly.

I've not bought anything else from there is years now, but when I do again, I'll probably stick with transactions that does CC only, even if they charge additional. I was scared shirtless I was going to lose my money that was paid via money order, which only afterwards did I find out has no protection for buyers at all.
>>
>>32249843
I've only purchased one thing from Gunbroker. My VZ-61. Seller let it go for a pretty good price; threw in 2 extra mags for $15 apiece.

Gun wasn't in exaaactly the great condition the seller said it was, but it wasn't anything major.

>>32252552
Yikes, I mailed my guy a personal check. I was almost asking for butt rape
>>
>it's a -ANDERSON LOWER, BUSHMASTER UPPER, WALMART RED DOT SIGHT, CUSTOMIZED AR15 FOR $1,300- episode

If a Fudd does ANYTHING to a weapon, from putting a rail cover to adding grip tape to the damn thing, suddenly it's CUSTOM and worth twice as much

>Glock 22, $700
>>
>>32251470
The fuck? I can't go three pages on Armslist without finding some random shit listed as a firearm.
>>
>>32252536
941 what? out of curiosity
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (45KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding.jpg
45KB, 1024x536px
>>32252764
Google searched "941 pistol" and it came up with the Jericho 941. The Israeli military pistol that got it's fame in the series Cowboy Bebop.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWI_Jericho_941
>>
Maybe I just have good luck, but the only thing I've ever bought off Armslist was a $500 M1 carbine. I was expecting it to be a commercial piece of shit, but it turns out it was a '43-'44 Inland USGI with the original stock that had been rearsenaled and sent to the CMP.

Guy selling it to me said he was selling it because he "had too many M1s," as if there is such a thing.

Other than that I sold a few bricks of .22LR in 2013 to some guy and his family so they could go shoot. Went just fine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.