[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optics thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (53KB, 508x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 508x271px
Ok guys has anyone ever used this Jew scope Mepro 21M?

I am tore between getting it, a Triijacon MRO, Sig Romeo 4c and going all out for an Aimpoint.

I really like how there is no eletronics on the Mepro, The Jews use their magic well for this optic. The thing I fucking hate about the Mepro.... I find it ugly as sin and I seriously believe I will regret it.

Have also looked at Vortex Strike Eagle but I am really thinking reflex.

Is the Jew made Mepro what I should be saving my shekels for? This is my SHTF scope so the more durable and reliable it is the better.
I think I could half forgive myself for how ugly the scope is, leaving the kill flash on the Mepro, it kinda looks cool.
>>
>>32242582
Used it on a friend's Tavor.

I didn't like it. The reticle was way too cluttered; the rings around the dot are much thicker than Eotech rings and it was distracting.

I can't say any more negative than that from shooting it, but it was not nearly as enjoyable as a standard simple dot configuration.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 796x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 796x434px
>>32242605

Yeah I have heard that, which lead me to think the triangle ret was the one i,d go with.
>>
What optics do people recommend for an AR in .308? I'm looking for something meant for close to medium range.
>>
I've noticed the Mepros have a way of washing out easier than a lot of other sights. I don't know if it's the green tinted glass and amber reticle or what. I've had it completely disappear on me a few times, but most of the time it's fine. Other than that I have no problems. I have the triangle too btw.
>>
File: specterdr-model-dfov165-c1-3.jpg (73KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
specterdr-model-dfov165-c1-3.jpg
73KB, 800x477px
>>32244670
ELCAN SpecterDR 1.5-6x w/ .308 BDC
>>
>>32244670
This >>32245480
or an Aimpoint PRO
>>
>>32244670
ACOG with standard reticle (Don't get the 'matched BDC reticle' because it's matched to a specific grain/weight)

Eotech w/3x or 4x magnifier

Strike eagle or Razor 1-6 if you want to drop serious cash

Leupold rifleman
>>
I have the Amber triangle version of the mepro
Pros:
KISS
Apparently works well if you have an astigmatism (cannot confirm)
Affordable
Supposedly pretty rugged(haven't put mine through its paces)
QD
Cons:
1/3 cowitness
Reticle "blooms" in bright sunlight
Bluish tint
Reticle washout in the shade and also when I use a rifle light indoors

Most of these issues are found in all of the non electronic red dot sights and even with sights that auto adjust.

I am personally looking to replace mine with a 1-6x scope (maybe an accupoint) or an acog.
>>
>>32244670
I use the leupold hamr it's nice and simple. I realize the bdc is for 5.56 but I don't care
>>
File: wm_7809785.jpg (209KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wm_7809785.jpg
209KB, 1600x1200px
Dumb question here but what is the point of the long extension over the objective lens like pic related? To block glare off the lens?
>>
>>32242582
I've used the M21.

Pros:
Tough as nails. It's a very solidly made optic you don't need to worry about breaking in a SHTF scenario.

Stupid simple, always on reticle. If you're a pick-up-and-go type, it's definitely convenient. It's also good for home defense. When you grab your gun in the middle of the night, you don't want to dedicate brain cells to worry about whether the optic is turned on.

Cons:
Washout. The one I used had some clear difficult seeing into very bright places from dark ones. It might have just been mine, but I've heard other people had a similar problem. There's an aftermarket washout remover, but it juts out a bit and looks wonky.

YMMV:
The blue tint. Some people like it, some people don't. It's meant to allow better acquisition in bright areas, so I'd stick to arid areas rather than, say, dense woodland.
>>
>>32249028
The shade keeps the view from being washed out from the shooter's perspective. Secondarily, it also reduces flash when seen by a target, but that can be accomplished more efficienty by smaller options.
>>
>>32249180
thanks anon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.