[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transporting STANAG mags in Cali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 5-e1366078702964.jpg (38KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
5-e1366078702964.jpg
38KB, 520x390px
I'm a marine stationed in California who came into possession with some old 30 round STANAG mags. I was planning on flying home for Christmas leave, and was wondering if TSA would give a fuck if I tried to bring the mag's with me in a checked bag, due to Californistans ban on "high-capacity" magazines. Only reason I want to bring them is some family own ARs and figured they'd make some nice Christmas gifts to them. Is it worth the risk?
>>
As I understand it, .mil stationed in states with restrictive gun laws may be in possession of (and therefore transport) anything they can legally own in their home state.
>>
>>32240655
No. Per TSA guidelines you cannot fly with any part of a firearm without declaring it to the airline. Someone's bound to call you out at some point during this process.

What's more, if you don't declare it, your bag will almost certainly test positive for gunpowder residue and they're going to find it anyway. Then you're up shit creek.
>>
File: 1481026566170.jpg (50KB, 354x518px) Image search: [Google]
1481026566170.jpg
50KB, 354x518px
keister that shit, my man
>>
>>32240655

just mail them to wherever the fuck you need them, I wouldn't risk going thru TSA bullshit
>>
File: image.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
32KB, 250x250px
Go to the post office and ship them. Honestly, is it worth $10-$20 bucks the hassle of giving these fucks a hard on about catching someone with high capacity mags?
>>
>>32240655
Just take them apart and mail them home. There is no law saying you can't ship parts, including magazines, out of the state. I've shipped complete uppers from CA without issue.
>>
Take them apart and put the parts in separate bags. TSA probably won't know what they are and if they did they wouldn't care.

At the very least just bring the followers and springs
>>
>>32240781
>TSA wouldn't care
They're absolutely autistic about finding that kind of shit though.

They're like truffle-hunting pigs, but the pigs are rooting through your underwear trying to find a bomb
>>
>>32240716
this
>>
>>32240766
>complete uppers
Thats not legally considered a firearm.

Now if you shipped ammo or lowers willynilly, there might be some issues.
>>
>>32240686
>What's more, if you don't declare it, your bag will almost certainly test positive for gunpowder residue and they're going to find it anyway. Then you're up shit creek.

clean the mag
>>
>>32240766
This. Once it's taken apart its a repair kit, not a mag. I've done this and by the time I EAS'd I had 30+ mags that the armory was going to throw out.
>>
Mail them and wash your hands thoroughly before going through the bullshit, trust me.

Also you can opt for physical pat down so you're not subjected to radiation and they won't see your jimmy
>>
Are you travelling with a firearm?
Yes? Declare the firearms, have the mags in the case, they will say nothing. I've done this before.
No? Mags aren't a firearm. No need to declare. At worst, they'll steal them. No charges.
>>
Why not just call the TSA and ask what their policy on it is?
>>
>>32240655
just send it in the mail you retard. You don't even need to declare it
>>
File: IMG_7642.jpg (40KB, 552x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7642.jpg
40KB, 552x493px
>>32240683
You are wrong and fucking stupid. Prove me wrong fuck face.
>>
File: the ride never ends.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
the ride never ends.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>32240683
No, this is not a thing. Do not listen to this guy. I'm a soldier stationed at Fort Drum, NY. I've heard plenty of stories of people getting fucked by the long hard cock of the law because they had USGI magazines in their gear in their trunks off post. There's a memo that says you SHOULD be fine going from your house to work and back, but beyond that you're fucked.

TL;DR
>The Army is cucked
>The State is cucked
>You're being forcibly cucked
>>
>>32240655
Like others said just mail them home, you can take them apart and throw them in a bubble mailer or a box and it'll be completely fine. I've mailed mag parts I got in NV home through a CA post office.
>>
>>32240655
It wouldnt be worth risking your military career. Just ship them.
>>
In a checked bag, no. Not a chance.

In a carry on they'll make a huge fuss about it
>>
>>32240655
Former us army stationed in cali here...

Mail that shit (from off post). Or take some extra leave and drive out to Vegas and fly from there.

Also tsa is usually cool with military. Fly in uniform. They used to let me padlock my duffel bag, all i had to do was stand there while they did the bomb scan in case they needed to search it, which they never did since i never had bombs. Brought all sorts of cool shit i found in the desert back.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.