[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

75 years ago...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: photo_2.jpg (368KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2.jpg
368KB, 1500x1200px
Yesterday, December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation, and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.

Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in the American island of Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to our Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. And, while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or of armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya.
Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong.
Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam.
Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands.
Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island.
And this morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.
>>
Japan has therefore undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense, that always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people, in their righteous might, will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces, with the unbounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph, so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December 7, 1941, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire.
>>
File: BTFO.png (76KB, 455x408px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
76KB, 455x408px
get fucked Tojo
>>
HAHAHA Take that America
>>
File: CsgaUe7UIAEvGRC.jpg (85KB, 966x733px) Image search: [Google]
CsgaUe7UIAEvGRC.jpg
85KB, 966x733px
>>32240156
>>
omg what happened? cnn is showing nothing.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_231359887.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_231359887.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
An uncle I never met, whose children I never met because they were never born, is still there. They sent this to his mom instead of his body. Get fucked, Tojo.
>>
>>32240156
if you could go back in time to pearl harbor what weapon would you bring to aid in the defense?
>>
File: fatmanandlittleboyfatman.jpg (28KB, 723x424px) Image search: [Google]
fatmanandlittleboyfatman.jpg
28KB, 723x424px
>>32240325
>>
>>32240368
What are you going to do with it, exactly. The US doesn't have a plane to drop it with in 1941.
Or is it a murder-suicide thing?
>>
File: Typhoon at dawn.jpg (680KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
Typhoon at dawn.jpg
680KB, 1500x900px
>>32240325
A fully-crewed one of these. Yamamoto's task force is going to have a pretty bad day.
>>
in russia vatniks thinks US government knew about japanese plans
it's truth?
>>
>>32240470
They at least knew that a Japanese attack was going to happen somewhere.

There are conflicting reports as to how detailed their intel was. Some say that the military was anticipating an attack on the Philippines, and others suggest that the ONI knew everything about the upcoming attack.
>>
>>32240398
1. Reopen trade with Japan a few Months before December 1941.
2. Hide Bomb on freight ship
3. Send Ship to Nagasaki Port.
4. Akbar Akbar give me the Snackbar
>>
File: 77-BT-186 Sealant mostly done.jpg (118KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
77-BT-186 Sealant mostly done.jpg
118KB, 900x709px
>>32240398
park it on top of a tall mountain near Honolulu
>>
>peace
>trade embargoes is what friends do to each other
>>
how long did it take to fire up the boilers on the ships and get the AA guns manned, with all the remaining battleships and destroyers and cruisers, they should have put up a ungodly hailstorm of AA fire.

start at 1:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfvYf5sMWA&spfreload=10
>>
>>32240697

pearl harbor at the time was filled to the brim with shitty old ww1 era dreadnoughts, the ship at 1:10 is the USS washington north carolina class BB, they had a shitload of 5" and AA

the ships at pearl had jack shit for aircraft.
>>
File: PH.webm (3MB, 672x384px) Image search: [Google]
PH.webm
3MB, 672x384px
>>
>>32240631
Still not war.
>>
>>32240156
The most heinous war crime to ever happen
>>
>>32240922
Not saying it's right to start a war over oil, but if one tries to cut the supplies of petro to a nation with a booming military industrial complex, one is clearly picking a fight.
>>
>>32240959
>Japan attacks country, uses local populace for bayonet practice
>US and Western powers ask them to stop using local populace for bayonet practice
>Japan proceeds to completely ignore requests
>US and Western powers cease all trade with Japan
>Japan attacks entire world because nobody wants to trade with baby-murdering psychopaths

The Japanese are probably the biggest dindus of the 20th Century. No normal human being thinks it's okay to go to war because someone doesn't want to trade with you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.