[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NRA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 20161205_084550.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161205_084550.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Is /k/ a NRA member?
>>
>>32235275

my membership lapsed but when I get paid I'm going to renew it, plus join GOA and probably a state organization too

now, with Trump in the white house and a republican house and senate, I figure it's critical to support pro-gun orgs
>>
>>32235275
>showing your power level
>wanting someone to break into your car looking for a weapon
>>
>>32235275
what are the perks?
>>
My 3-year membership lapsed a few months ago
>>
>>32235275

I'll join when I can buy suppressors and things with a short barrel and a stock without a stamp. Until then they aren't getting any of my money.
>>
File: 5465.png (762KB, 1886x899px) Image search: [Google]
5465.png
762KB, 1886x899px
>>32235295
All my windows are heavily tinted, I have a prescription. You can't see in. Also tinted windows don't shatter, It's very very hard to gain access though a tinted window.

Also I don't live in dindu land
>>
>>32235319
You get some perks.

https://benefits.nra.org/

I have bought 4 guns though them. Just as displays, Even though they are fully functional
>>
I bought a duffle bag, some stickers, and a magazine subscription from them.
>>
>>32235351
>Car break-ins only occur in dindu land
>Y-you can't see in, n-nobody will try to break in b-because it's hard to see!
Jesus dude
>>
yes, everyone should fucking join
>>
>>32235448
I don't keep firearms in my car. Go ahead..let a nigger break the window, get his blood everywhere and steal my GPS, coins, and if he gets in the trunk, my tackle box and fishing pole.

Nothing valuable. Will only give me a few laughs he got cut up stealing a 4yo gps and 10 dollars in coins

total haul:

25 dollars at best
>>
>>32235519
:-( but the nicely tinted window job

Also if he's somewhat smart enough to realize what a GPS is, he might throw that shit out the window and steal the car. He can still take your rims and shit.
>>
I like it for the gun insurance and supporting gun rights.
>>
>>32235544
Thanks.

3M makes great tint. I didn't do it myself, Paid a shop to do it.

I don't have lug nut locks, but in the hood people use those a lot. Niggers will steal anything that isn't literally bolted down
>>
File: carriers.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
carriers.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
Yes but only because my fun range requires an active membership. The penalty for not being a member is $10 more per year than a membership costs.

I'm not happy about it. Their magazine is chock full of imbecilic alarmist claptrap and ads soliciting even more money to provide more literature containing ads for more money.

NRA is pretty shit.

NRA-ILA is a bretty cool guy, but they do not share their resources with the NRA. NRA resources are exclusively for drumming up new members and more money.

tl;dr If you actually want to help things, donate to NRA-ILA and don't ever give a cent to NRA.
>>
File: 1479766198955.jpg (56KB, 429x633px) Image search: [Google]
1479766198955.jpg
56KB, 429x633px
>>32235351
> very very hard to gain access though a tinted window.

WTF are you smoking private? Glass is glass.
>>
>>32235275
Yes
>>
File: 20161202_232713.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_232713.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Yup. This was my confirmation captcha
>>
>>32235275
Unless they pick up the fight for unregistered suppressors, SBSs, SBRs and full auto I won't renew my membership,
>>
>>32236919
>SBS, SBR
Could happen
>Full auto
I can't see how you could possibly pass tha--LOL REPUBLICAN MAJORITY

But seriously, they are having midterms in two years. Voting for full auto is going to be a big problem if they go for it and some bullshit shooting occurs and a hundred people die. The media will go apeshit.
>>
>>32236968
Nothing happened when 26 kids were allegedly gunned down
Nothing happened when 50 fags got gunned down
Nothing will stop the right wing political machine except for the RINOs and they can't afford to look antigun with so many libertarians also in their fields.
>>
>>32236919
>>32235339
They are actually pushing for suppressor pretty hard right now.
>>
>>32235275
>$25 a year to defeat Hillary.

Worth every penny.
>>
>>32235519

nogs don't get cut up breaking a car window, they developed rudimentary tool use

you have to pay to have your fuckin window replaced too
>>
Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people
>>
>>32237777
What a waste
>>
>NRA lobbied for the gun control act of 68

>NRA lobbied for the assault weapons ban

>NRA nowhere to be found when 7N6 was banned

Fuck the NRA
>>
Join club to get a shitty magazine

>no thanks
>>
I'm a member mostly for the benefits, like insurance.

IIRC, there's a super basic tier that net you all the benefits, but no subscription to anything for 10 bucks. I can't find where to sign up for that though.
>>
>>32238025
>NRA lobbied for the assault weapons ban
bad meme, they lobbied to have the 10 year expiration in there, because they knew that the Dems were whipping it hard and that it was going to pass no matter what.

They wanted the 10 year expiration so they could try to change the climate over the next 10 years.
>>
NOPE
>>
>>32237027
Well, if it works out, I'll do what you're promising to do. For now, I would prefer to see national reciprocity and go from there.
>>
>>32235496
bingo
>>
>>32235275
I could never bring myself to join a club that would have someone like me as a member.
>>
>>32235351
>drives a Lancer
Before I laugh too hard, is it at least an Evo?
>>
>>32236076
The NRA was all in on this election pal.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161206-222514.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161206-222514.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>32239406
The NRA had nothing to do with either Trump's win or Hillary's loss. Not even peripherally.

I hope you're not actually this deluded.
>>
>>32238025
The GCA was the major turning point that caused the NRA to become political. Before that it was mainly focused on supporting shooting sports. It's a fundamentally different organization and has been since the 70s.

The NRA had no immediate option to challenge the 7N6 ban because it followed the letter of the law. Under administrative law the ATF had the right to enforce the ban. The only reason that the M855 ban was able to be defeated is because 5.56 was specifically exempt and had a period of public comment during the rulemaking process. However, the NRA did help draft and lobbied for the introduction and continues to support the Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act. This law would not only remove the ATFs authority to determine what ammunition is considered armor piercing but will also remove the sporting purpose requirement for imported firearms.
>>
>>32237777

lol get rekt faggot

you're gonna be 8 years older by the time Trump isn't the president of the USA
>>
File: fudd.jpg (99KB, 366x640px) Image search: [Google]
fudd.jpg
99KB, 366x640px
>>32235275

yes.

only because ian writes a piece in american rifleman and i like the national firearms museum. pic semi related.

>>32235319
you get a bumper sticker and subscription to the aforementioned magazine. sometimes you can get in gun shows for free and the lgs might do discounts or whatever for members.
>>
>>32237027

>allegedly
>>
>>32235275

no, I refuse to support a group that is willing to make compromises when defending my un-infringable right
>>
>>32240274
I know right. I mean the NRA does have unlimited authority to dictate to congress on all gun related legislation. The only reason gun laws that I don't agree with exist are because the NRA says so. I pay my $30 yearly membership so they should only focus on the specific issues I am concerned with no matter how little support it has with other members or the rest of general public. I just don't understand why they can't tell congress to repeal all gun control.
>>
>>32235275
Life time member. Also a life time member of every Pro gun/2am gun organization I could find
>>
>>32239102
Exactly. Baby steps. We didn't loose rights over night and we won't restore it overnight either
>>
No. I'm a GOA member.
>>
Life member when it was on sale a few years back and donate to GOA, handed out GoA stickers at nugget fest.
>>
the NRA is only concerned about gun/ammo companies making money, and im not a fan of the 'enemy of my enemy' argument.
>>
>>32238025
>>NRA lobbied for the gun control act of 68
That was half a century ago you moron. How many people who actively work for the NRA were around back then? Just because they share a name and a building doesn't make it the same organization as people come and go and times change. What next, are you gonna complain to the DNC for the failure of reconstruction after the civil war?
>>
In case this gent (>>32235258) is here...

https://books.google.com/books?id=3R3JtuTf1iEC&pg=PA45&lpg=PA45&dq=the+global+war+on+your+guns+un+sponsored+gun+burning+festivals&source=bl

He out right tries to suggest the UN is going to kill gun owners a la Jews in Germany, and even writes a paragraph about book burning and Jew burning.
>>
>>32242466

Holy shit old man LaPierre is redpilled as FUCK
>>
the nra, especially wayne lapierre, does more to harm the image of gun owners than to benefit it

if they get some people that aren't good ol' boy rednecks that talk out their ass and make my own ass look bad, I'll think about it

until then the fudds and hicks can keep their bullshit because I'm not going anywhere near that mess
>>
>>32235319
Aside from being part of one of the only organizations that has the size and clout to stand up to leftist bribes like Bloomberg there's not much.

benefits.nra.org
>>
>>32236968
>Voting for full auto is going to be a big problem if they go for it and some bullshit shooting occurs and a hundred people die.
There doesn't have to be a shooting. All their political opponents have to do is *suggest* that a shooting might occur and invoke gangland shootings like the Valentine's Day Massacre or posit BS like "if the Sandy Hook/Pulse/Bernandino shooter(s) had full auto they could have done even MORE damage" and that makes politicians scared enough to think twice.
>>
>>32244276
This.

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The media already loves the word "assault rifle" despite no mass shootings in the US occurring with a select fire rifle.

If select fire firearms were the norm, Imagine the uproar in liberal media there would be.

HE DINDU NUFFIN, THOSE COPS KILLED MY BABY WITH A ASSAULT RIFLE FOR NUFFIN
>>
>>32235496
>>32235275
I'll renew my membership when they fight import bans

Too bad that won't ever happen
>>
>>32244276
Bernardino never gets mentioned but you're right. The constant response to things like removing suppresors and SBRs and SBSs from the NFA is,"but muh crime!" And "you dont NEED a suppressor :^)"
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.