[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are accidental/negligent discharge an inevitability? Is it a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

File: ND.webm (1008KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ND.webm
1008KB, 640x640px
Are accidental/negligent discharge an inevitability? Is it a fudd bogey man/ghost story or the product of people trying to pretend to be cowboys?
>>
Statistically the more you're around guns the more likely you are to ND
>>
>>32234708
>Are accidental/negligent discharge an inevitability?

No, if you practice proper safety you will never have one. 99% of "accidental" discharges are due to users being retards.
>>
I've been around guns my whole life and have never ND. It's not a fucking toy, use your head.
>>
>>32234748
>>32234761
Right mindset
>>
>>32234708
Complacency will lead to ND's, it's all about respect, correctly clearing firearms, and never once erring on the side of danger.
>>
>>32234708
It's an inevitability if you're stupid. When I was a kid I was being a fucking retard around a Walther PP and blew the shit out my fathers Vinyls. Just use your head and it won't happen. Don't treat them like toys and don't act like firearms are loaded, because firearms are ALWAYS loaded.
>>
>>32234708
No, ND's are 100% avoidable and will never happen to you if you always follow the four rules of firearms safety.

The only people who say ND's are inevitable are retards who have an ND, come to /k/ to ask for other retards to share ND stories so they don't feel like such idiots, and then get angry and defensive when everyone calls them out on their stupidity.
>>
My dumbass friend who has grown up with guns all his life somehow managed to ND into my wooden bed frame I had at the time. Still have the bullet from it, stopped just short of the wall. Blew through a drawer and parts of a shelf (it was a bunk bed that I'd had for fucking ever because I simply didn't care to get another)
>>
My only nd is with a 22 pistol that had extraction problems

I took the firing pin out and was racking it really hard with a round in

The extractor detonated the rim....
>>
I ND'd one time when I had been drinking. I'll never fuck with a gun while drinking again. Lesson learned. Feel free to give me shit, I was a dumbass.
>>
>>32234874
Rimfire is suffering.
>>
>>32234708
Either he was pushing really hard, or that's a really light trigger.
>>
I ND'd trying to lower the hammer on my CZ 75 with a round in the chamber

It's one of those things you do so many times that it's easy to get nonchalant about
>>
>>32234849

pretty much this
>>
I was trying to show bumpfire to a friend with an svt40 and removed my muffs to talk to him, forgot to put them back in and fired. That the most negligent thing i've done.
>svt 40s are loud bitches.
>>
>>32234708
Absolutely not
Idiots that say otherwise are the ones that give gun owners a bad name
Practice gun safety until it becomes a habit its not that hard
>>
>>32235052

I almost walked back into the classroom with my muffs on until the instructor stopped me

muffs, man.
>>
>>32234708
>negligent discharge an inevitability

I like and hate the phrase depending on how it is said or interpreted.

Bad way:
>everyone will have a nd so don't worry about it/using it as an excuse for fucking up

Good way:
>everyone is mortal and capable of mistakes so always be diligent in safety, always be aware of where the muzzle is pointed in case you do have a nd

22 years shooting and none yet here. Guess everyone who had an nd just sucks.
>>
>>32235138

*at my CCW class I mean
>>
My dad somehow shot buckshot through his friends celiing and wall while in the middle of unloading

Still have no clue how the fuck that happened....he says his finger slipped from the shill releas3 button or whatever its called
>>
>>32234708
Yeah, if you're drunk or voted for Trump
>>
>>32235021
Did the same with a Beretta Bobcat. No excuse, should have used the tipping barrel. Only killed dirt.
>>
>>32235138
How is that bad though? You just left them on your head before going in a classroom?
>>
File: 145703049676764657.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
145703049676764657.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
>own firearms for 20 years
>not a single ND
>people who claim it's an inevitability
>constantly ND

Really sparks the old neurons
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480658121574.jpg (35KB, 590x676px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480658121574.jpg
35KB, 590x676px
>>32235176
This guy
>>
Had one when I was 8

20 years later haven't had one since nor will I because I'll never forget that day. Nothing bad happened, but that feeling of an instant big fuck up isn't something you forget.
>>
>>32234708
Yeah, they're inevitable, if you're a fucking slack jawed retard and fuck around with loaded guns.
>>
One time it was early morning letting ready for work I tell my boyfriend I'm going to fuck my gun(p226). So while they're eating cereal i go in the other room, strip naked, pick up gun and being so wildly excited i forget to clear gun and ND hitting the carpet. Immediately run to boyfriend and tell them not to be mad. I am still naked. Thank god i didn't shoot my foot or dick.
>>
>>32235021
>ever having a reason to manually lower the hammer with one in the chamber

Too bad the gun wasn't aimed at your head
>>
>>32235211

it's not really bad, I just felt kinda dumb
>>
>>32235021
I did this with a Iver Johnson revolver
>>
>>32234708
At least he flipped that safety almost immediately
>>
>>32234924
I did the same thing. I had been drinking but wasn't wasted or anything...and had cleared, or thought I had cleared a mossberg 500 at least 3 separate times of checking. Had buddies who even said like yeah you def checked it and yada yada. Anyway somehow a slug evaded my eyes and I ended up NDing into the floor through my leather couch on the second story of the house I shared with 3 or 4 other people. It went through the couch and clearly went into the floor but luckily it didn't exit through the downstairs ceiling. Idk how it didn't but fucking hell I am so thankful. There were two people down there watching a movie......

That was 3 and a half years ago and I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since. That's how much the incident jarred me. I think about it every so often randomly and I get sick to my stomach about it. Have respected guns like I never did before since then too. Hopefully it will never ever happen again. Shit is scary.
>>
that possibility is always there, but you always need to practice good handling every time
>drop mag/clear chamber every time
>never point the muzzle at anything you're not ready to destroy
>safety on when applicable
if your gun doesn't have a decocker, you need to practice at a range on decocking your gun and practice with an unloaded gun
the second you get lazy/cocky/sloppy/or drop your guard while carrying/handling a gun, that's when you'll ND.
your gun is not a toy, do not treat it like one
>>
>hurr NDs are inevitable
>it ain't a matter o' if it a matter a when
I can't help but picture this morbidly obese Fudd spewing this garbage. Too bad these morons haven't shot their dicks off while hunting durr.
>>
>>32234748
>>32234761
This. Growing up, i had one ND when i was like 11, but i had it pointed in a safe direction so all i killed was some dirt.
Compare this to my buddy, who had at least 3 NDs over two years that i was present for. (For the record, i beat his ass after the 2nd and 3rd ones)
Just use your head.
>>
>>32234708

You'll more than likely have one in your life. If you're doing everything properly, this should only happen with the weapon pointing in a safe direction / downrange.
>>
File: haleyOffHand.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
haleyOffHand.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>32234708

Post fruity Haley.
>>
>>32234708
the more you handle firearms the higher the odds are that you'll have one, but if you're not an idiot you won't have the gun pointing at a family member/orphanage/home for disabled people/disabled doggo shelter/ATF office next to the disabled doggo shelter
>>
>>32235271
>boyfriend
>they
When will it end
>>
I had this dream that guns around me kept going off randomly for no reason. There was this one pistol that I even strip cleaned after unloading it and clearing the chamber that somehow went off even though there were no bullets in it.

People kept bringing me guns with serial numbers filed off, homemade sub-machineguns that were made out of sheet metal, stuff I knew was hot or used in crime. I kept trying to get rid of them but the buyers kept returning them, saying they kept going off at random.

I eventually tried melting them but somehow it went off and shot me in the gut then I woke up.
>>
>>32236205
what did he mean by this
>>
You can't control everything.

Getting hit with a bullet doesn't hurt the way you think it does. If your not dead already, there is a good chance you will survive. Otherwise, your dead where you stand, if the bullet kills you you know pretty much right away. (Assumming you're not in some backwater shithole 30 miles away from the nearest hospital)
>>
>>32236287
If it hits the heart or an artery, your gone. You're basically ghosting through the next 10-15 seconds before you bleed out and lose consciousness.

If it hits you in the head, you don't even know you're dead. If it hits you in the spine, you're lungs seize up and you blackout in under a minute. If it hits you in the arm or the leg, you want even feel it unless it hits the bone, but you bleed out just as quick if you hit a femoral artery. You get hit in the lung, it burns like crazy and the hardest part of staying alive is trying to remain conscious.

Worse way to go is a fucking gutshot, especially grapeshot, crawling on the ground writhing in agony as you die of sepsis. Shit takes hours,
>>
>>32236378
>>32236378
You catch a bullet in the ribs that shit'll make you howl. When the bullet chips your bone, you'll cry out, no matter how much you think it hurts it will hurt more. If you weren't awake before then, you sure as shit will be after.

You're bound to know,
When the bullet hits the bone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w
>>
I've been a licensed gun owner for about 1 week now and I've never had an ND. So no, definitely not an inevitability.
>>
File: 00d.jpg.png (539KB, 554x665px) Image search: [Google]
00d.jpg.png
539KB, 554x665px
>>32236466
>>
No. Only retards that do not know how to handle guns have NDs.

>>32234740
Source required. I believe the less willing you are to follow safety procedures the more likely you are to ND.
>>
>>32234708
ND's can and do happen to otherwise responsible people who slip up. It's inevitable that they will occur sometimes, not that they'll happen to anyone. But just not being an idiot by keeping the weapon pointed in sa fe direction ensures that even if you do fuck up and have an ND, nothing bad will happen.

Nothing is ever certain. No level of training or mindset will ever overcome human nature. Mistakes happen. A ND can happen to even the most well trained, most disciplined people, but no one with half an ounce of common sense has ever hurt themselves or others with an ND.
>>
>>32235285

CZ-75s with safeties don't have decockers.
>>
>>32238286
You are right, they have safeties for a reason you fuckig moron.
>>
It happens to the best of us
Following the other 3 golden rules in event of ND will save your dumb ass.
>>
>>32234708

is that travis haley?

and ive had an ND when i was 13 (with an air rifle though) and it was scary.

>pick up daisy 880
>point at wall
>pull trigger
>pop
>4.5mm hole in wall
>feel like an idiot

i keep loaded mags in my AR next to my bed but the gun is in condition 3
>>
>>32234708
33 years old, never understood how that shit "can" even happen unless you are a total fool. Check chambers before pulling triggers on an empty gun, point safe directions, trigger discipline etc...
Not at all for people who have gun safety firmly in their head. It might be more likely to happen if you missed or forget your basic of basic training as a kid though. I just hope you keep the hell away from me if you're one of these who can't take important stuff seriously. Please stay off my roads with your car too.
>>32236065
No, but other safety rules do usually ensure you'll have it relatively safely, if you're dumb enough at any point to have a ND in the first place.
>>
>>32237238
>safe person with 1/100000 chance of an ND while handling gun
>handles guns 100000 times
>probs gonna have an ND

>less safe person with 1/100 chance
>handles guns 10 times
>1/10th as likely to have an ND

It's the same logic that people with swimming pools are more likely to drown, even if they're great swimmers.
>>
>>32234708
>demonstrating trigger safety techniques with safety off and a round in the chamber

>nd inevitable?
if you're stupid, yes.
>>
>>32238398
Some competitions will require DA/SA fire from DA, and many people will prefer safety models for a better trigger pull/ease of working on. There's a reason you point downrange when manually decocking.
>>
If you are one of the fucktards who decocks a SA gun manually with one in the chamber, then at least have the pistol pointed at a bucket of sand before doing what eventually will lead to an ND because retards gonna retard.
>>
>>32240615
more like...
a few morons make the other millions of use look dumb
I don't have a 1/100000 chance of a ND, except when I'm lumped in with all the retards out there.
>>
>>32240536
It happens dude.
>>
>>32235464
I too have a drinking couch pop, only with buckshot, somehow got warranty replacement
>>
>>32241416
Lol the warranty on my couch had just expired like 2 weeks before my accident happened. Not even bullshitting. Glad you got your shit taken care of. Did they ask about the massive hole in your couch or what? Kek
>>
>>32241461
They did, i think i told them it was the moving guys, i had unloaded and loaded the shotgun like 6 times, i just picked it up, racked it and turned to the couch and blasted it, nearly shit my pants cuz i sweeped my buddy who was sitting in the kitchen. Last time i drank rum before 11am
>>
>>32241479
Dude that sounds almost identical to mine. I forgot to mention that I sweeped a buddy of mine too (was practicing good TD) but I sweeped him nonetheless before the slug got ND'd through my leather couch. Did that shit scare the fuck outta you or not really? Cuz as I stated that shit still fucks with me every so often.
>>
>>32241503
i stood there looking at my buddy with the biggest gape of a mouth, i was more worried the cops would come due to dense sub division, but as it was sunday about 10:30am, people were at church,
>>
>>32234708
>negligent
Absolutely not inevitable in any way. 100% of all negligent discharges can and should be avoided.

>accidental
I've had my SKS go off, not because of negligence due to lack of cleaning of the free-floating firing pin, but because I was using factory ammo with soft primers. Nothing was near the trigger at the time, and the event was reproduced to confirm that ammo was the cause of the discharge. In any case, nothing was hurt or damaged as I was following the rules of firearm safety.

People that call negligent discharges "accidental" and say that everyone has one at some point are fucking retarded and definitely aren't the kind of people I'd go shooting with.
>>
>>32241520
I was worried about cops too. But I guess neighbors hearing gunfire isn't as commonplace as you would think. But damn I'm glad they were at church bro. Dodged a bullet :^)
>>
I've ND'd playing VR games before, sometimes I forget Vive controllers don't have trigger guards to rest my finger on.
>>
>>32234708
I've had only one ND in my life, and it was due to the rifle's firing pin being stuck in the forward position (fucking SKS). However I still blame myself for it not being squeaky clean, hence the slamfire.

That's why we treat every gun as if it's hot and could go off at any moment. Always in a safe direction, fingers always off the trigger, less you don't mind destroying what's downrange.
>>
>>32241599

thats not a ND, a ND is where you somehow load a round into the chamber and pull the trigger at some point like a absolute dumb shit.
>>
>>32234820
Fucking kill yourself faggot. Firearms aren't always loaded. They're not fucking magic.

Only people who are no guns fucking think that.
>>
>>32241624
Fine.
A gun should always be treated as if it is loaded until you yourself confirm otherwise. Is that better you massive fucking autist?
>>
File: IMG_7159.jpg (59KB, 414x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7159.jpg
59KB, 414x510px
>>32241648
Yeah. Thank you.
>>
>>32241624
Way to flip out, spergmeister
>>
>>32235138
I always forget to remove safety glasses
they should call them comfy glasses
>>
>>32234708
I think it's inevitable if you're complacent enough. If you're anal about gun safety it should be something you never do.

Only time I've ever negligently fired was because I was stupid enough to handle my nightstand gun when I had an ambien tablet kicking in. I was very drowsy while checking my chamber before bed. Upon verifying I had a round in, I guess I must have pulled the trigger, because suddenly my ears were ringing and there was a hole in my ceiling. Fucking stupidest thing I've ever done and I'm a goddamn idiot for doing it.
>>
>>32241624
You're supposed to treat all firearms as if they're loaded. It's kind of like when treating someone and you're not sure if they have AIDS; because the risk is so massive, you just need to assume everyone you treat has AIDS and take the necessary precautions.

Obviously there's such a thing as a firearm that's unloaded. But for the purposes of safety, considering them all loaded is vital.
>>
If I ever sell a gun and the customer asks for instructions on how to clean it, I usually oblige them and show them how. Most striker fired pistols won't disassemble when cocked which requires them to be dry fired. I always put my hand on the muzzle when I dry fire and people usually ask why.
I usually respond "If I blow my hand off I deserved it, I'll make damn sure I never fire a loaded weapon at my body and you should do the same when you clean this thing"
Nobody has walked in with a hook yet.
>>
>>32241835

That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>32241933
Still have both hands
>>
>>32235285
This even though I carry a glock.

If you never leave one in the chamber you don't have to worry about safeties failing or slam firing shit
>>
>>32241612
It is still an ND. Making sure your equipment is working properly or not is preventable.
>>
>>32235021
How the fuck
When Im half cocking my hammer I put my thumb in fron the of firing pin so if it slams it'll slam on my thumb.
>>
>>32234849
thread should have ended with this
>>
>>32241999
if you carry without one in the chamber you're carrying around a worthless plastic brick

hope you feel cool with your IWB stapler
>>
>building AR
>finish upper
>slap mag in
>mag is loaded
>ram bolt home and squeeze trigger
>eeeeeeeeee
>shoot hole through back of garage
>freak out big time
>round deflects off of heavy metal door in back yard
>prevents it from flying into neighbors yard
>patch up hole in garage
>move out of parents house a few months later
>move out of state a few years later
>>
>>32241624
Fuck off
>>
>>32234740
>>32240615
You were asked for a source and you failed again. Jumping up and down on your keyboard and shitting on your display does NOT magically change anything in your post into "logic." Here is where you are politely given a suggestion to revisit the fundamentals of proper reading comprehension, citing references/sources in your work and building effective discussion/debate skills. BUUUUUUUT, libgpheg's gonna libpheg

>>32240931
>except when...
Nah, not even then. You=/=them. Ever. Were some feeble-minded leftist in my company to suggest such fabricated garbage known only to exist in their utopian never-never land, I would kindly insist they stand directly afront and just beyond arms reach as I proceeded to clear my chamber. As much as it would pain me not to hold the front sight between their eyebrows while I drop, rack, release and click, it wouldn't happen. Guess I'm just a nice guy... whooooo would revel in the uncomfortable silence they'd be stuck in for at least a few moments. Hehe. Woolgathering uhhgain. Regressives, they're fuggin cancer.
>>
>>32242172
I was gonna post about how that whole edgy librul rant made you sound like a loser, and then I remembered where I was
>>
>>32242172
How stupid are you?

An expert driver who drives daily is more likely to crash than someone who never drives at all.

This is basic logic, not liberal propaganda.
>>
>>32237238
>Source required
nigga, doing anything with guns has a risk. and doing more of it will increase the chance that that risky thing will happen. You don't need a source, you need a fucking brain that canin2logic.
>>
>>32242458
There's a difference between "crashing" & unforseen events and negligent crashing.
Every time you pull that trigger, you have the opportunity to check the chamber or just keep your finger off of it in the first place.
>>
File: received_10153935603693435.jpg (142KB, 1029x1280px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153935603693435.jpg
142KB, 1029x1280px
Are nocturnal emissions a form of ND?
>>
>>32234708
he was specifically explaining why you don't put your finger there because you will ND and he fucking ND'd. shit happens.
>>
>>32234740
No shit? If you go driving around you increase your chances of being killed in a car crash.
>>
I NDd a paintball into my brothers chest trying to scare him. Forgot to empty the chamber.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 629x505px
I was super close once. My asshole still puckers thinking about it. I was having an issue with a magazine on my p2000 LEM so after I got home from the range I loaded up a magazine with snap caps and kept cycling through the magazine to see what the issue was. I probably did it for close to 60 rounds diagnosing everything so I went to autopilot mode. I was like okay I'm done with this then loaded my carry magazine, cycled through a couple rounds then pointed the gun at the floor to unloaded the hammer since there is no decocker. Then everything went slo-mo as I was pulling the trigger and my brain started screaming and I stopped just short. Thank god the LEM has like 3/4" of trigger travel for me think through. Oh well lesson learned.
>>
>>32237238
Can't ND if you don't have a gun
By handling a gun you increase your chances of a ND from zero to some small provability
>>
>>32234708
To be honest even mechanical problems aren't really excusable. If you know that it has problems, you should only operate the action at the range while it's pointed down range and you're expecting it to fire.

That, or just don't fucking use it until you've got it fixed.
>>
>>32241719
I think that maybe a better way of putting it is "never assume a gun is unloaded", but it comes to basically the same thing.
>>
No, they're not inevitable. If you're around guns more, they're more likely to happen, because that's sheer tautology.

There's no reason to ever ND if you follow proper firearm safety rules, BUT the other relevant firearm safety rules can mitigate the fallout if you do have an ND (safe direction, etc).
>>
>>32234708
Only time I had an ND was when I was aiming a lever action at the target and hit the trigger coming back up with the lever. I don't know if that really counts, but I definitely felt embarassed.
>>
I don't know if this qualifies as ND, but few times I accidentally pulled the trigger on a target rifle when taking aim. Triggers on those things are featherlight. With the exception of /k/, I've never told anyone about this.
>>
>>32235464
>>32234924
I've ND'd twice and both times were out in the woods after drinking. I'm never going to mix the two again.
>>
File: tmp_3085-register630909094.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3085-register630909094.png
72KB, 211x244px
>>32241624
>>
Never had an ND. And I have been gunfagging for a long time.

I did see one once. A guy I was hunting with stepped in a hidden hole and when he hit the ground his gun discharged. It was an old shotgun so I suppose it's possible it was not drop safe, but I suspect he had the safety off and finder on the trigger when he fell. So likely a result of improper use.

He also shot his car on the same trip, because " he didn't think birdshot would go that far"

That was the first and last time I went hunting with him. Nice enough guy, but seriously slow.
>>
>>32234708
I've never had an ND but I have had an accidental discharge/malfunction when I let the bolt go home on a fresh magazine for my 10/22. The round fired as soon as the bolt closed and almost hit my foot.

It fires 2 shots for one trigger pull once in a blue moon. Probably just need to clean it
>>
>>32244606
>>>32234708 (OP)

>It fires 2 shots for one trigger pull once in a blue moon. Probably just need to clean it

Anons dog ded press f to pay respects
>>
File: 231167-3-4-Afghanistan.jpg (2MB, 1144x1650px) Image search: [Google]
231167-3-4-Afghanistan.jpg
2MB, 1144x1650px
A guy in my platoon NDd a fucking LAAW rocket on my first deployment in 2010. He was giving a hip-pocket class on how the thing worked to the new platoon that was replacing us and somehow hadn't trained with it on their work up. He grabbed what he thought was a spent casing but was actually an unspent live rocket(in his defense it was laying in a pile with 4 other spent casings for some reason, but still he should have realized it wasn't spent by the weight). When he was demonstrating how to to fire it he pressed down on the lever and it launched, it impacted right next to the Mortar pit's ASP. Luckily it didn't travel far enough to arm itself. EOD dug it out and blew it up on the next patrol we sent out.

This guy wasn't an idiot either. He was one of the saltiest guys in our entire company. It was his 4th combat deployment and he was a Phantom Fury vet.
>>
File: freud.jpg (52KB, 330x363px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
52KB, 330x363px
>>32236205
You have a fear of premature ejaculation.
>>
>>32244183
Yeah it's def not a good idea my man. What did you ND? Shotgun?
>>
File: kimber2.jpg (58KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
kimber2.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
>>32234708
Had one happen last week
>taking son to school after a long morning of drinking
>tail light and signals busted after running into a dumpster a few minutes ago
>need to signal a left turn
>reach under seat to grab something shiny
>looking for my coke mirror
>grab my nickel plated Kimber 1911 (old pic, now have pearl handled guards to look like the pulp fiction guns)
>wave it out the window to signal left turn
>squeeze to hard, round goes off
>minivan slams into me
>stash gun in console
>soccer mom freaks the fuck out and runs over to my car
>tell her the car backfired

Meh.....happens to the best of us right?
>>
>>32247136
0/10
>>
File: IMAG0323prisma.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0323prisma.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
Been shooting responsibly and safely for over 20 years and just had my first ND this year.

At least I consider it an ND, maybe you guys will agree with me.

>shooting USP for the first time ever
>trigger reset is kind of vague on these guns, require positive finger motion sometimes
>fire one round down range and keep trigger depressed
>adjust my stance slightly because brass landed on my shoulder
>apparently my finger slipped off the trigger just enough to reset the action
>didn't realize
>grip pistol tightly and start moving sights back on target
>gun goes off down range

The gun was pointed straight down range the entire time, but man it scared the fuck out of me.

A bullet left the barrel without my consent. I felt absolutely fucking retarded. I just packed my shit up and went home.

I'm now very careful about where my trigger finger is while making any extra movements at the shooting table.
>>
>>32240931
Thinking you're immune and only retards ND is exactly how firearms proficient people ND.
>>32242172
Not the same anon, famalam. Simply explaining to you the post which you seemed incapable of comprehending.
>>
>>32234740
>Statistically the more you're around guns the more likely you are to ND
>the more you drive, the more likely you will get in a crash

both are preventable through not being a retard
>>
>>32234708
I've never had an ND so I couldn't say
I don't know anyone who has ever NDed
>>
>>32234708
Only once
I was at the range making sure my red dot was still zeroed after having my AR sit up while I was in school.
I forgot I had replaced the trigger right before I left for that semester of college and was expecting a heavy two stage trigger and instead it was a nice 3.5 lb trigger pull.
The gun was pointed down range, on the bench and I was holding it. It just fired before I was 100% ready.
>>
>>32234796
This.

I've NDed because I was being a fucking retard. Fortunately nobody got hurt, but lesson fucking learned.

It's when you feel the most comfortable with your weapon when you are the most likely to ND. Never ever let your guard down. Ever.
>>
>>32247206
I almost did something similar once. Firing an 1851 replica I pulled the trigger and maintained pressure... then started pulling the hammer back before letting off. Thankfully an attentive RO was checking out the BP fun and stopped me. I now make sure my finger is completely outside the trigger guard while cocking single actions.

Aiming downrange the whole time of course, just would have looked and felt like an idiot.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.