[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUN BUYING FOR NOOBS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1464439278787.jpg (716KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1464439278787.jpg
716KB, 2592x1944px
okay guys, so even for a liberal, I have a strong passion for firearms. That being said, I have no idea the process for buying one. (licenses, registration etc). Whenever I go out to the range, or deep in the desert to shoot its usually with a friends collection. And hes mostly done private sales, with some sort of bill of sale, thats about it as far as legality.

being 21 now, Id like to get a handgun, and Bolt action surplus rifle, probably a mosin to kick off the collection.

Things here in Arizona ive heard a little more relaxed then other states. anyone care to offer some insight?
>>
>>32233515
No mosin.
>>
File: 1480945552549.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1480945552549.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>
>unironically buying a meme rifle
>>
>>32233550
i actually like them though. theyre pretty spartan as far as rifles go. I am a simple man, simple needs.
>>
>>32233515
>Arizona

Go to gun shop, pick firearm, fill out form 4473, did you pass the background check
>Y?
Pay money, you now have a firearm.
>N?
pay ten dollars and fuck off. something on your record came back weird.
>inconclusive/delayed
Pay 10 dollars and wait, might be the ATF systems are overloaded, I forget how long a delay can legally be before they either have to come back and say no or release the firearm to you. I think it's 3 days or something like that.
>>
>>32233515
Walk into store

Pick gun

Fill out form 4473

Wait for however long it takes for your NICS to come back. Could be 2 minutes, could be 30.

Pay.

Bring home raifu.

Just make sure the address you put down on the form matches what you have on your driver's license.
>>
>>32233573
No. Buy a Tikka or some shit.
>>
>>32233515
Fellow AZfag reporting in. Firearm purchasing in our state is pretty easy. You can buy from a store/FFL and generally have you fill out form 4473 and do a background check. If your check passes and you didn't lie on the form you will be sold your firearm right there on the spot. Last time I did one it took like 20-30 min. No biggie. Granted that was a few years ago and my last few purchases were private sales.

Now for private sales they're almost even easier. I'll walk you through my last purchase. I picked up an HK VP9 and some extras from a guy at work. My company has an internal classifieds ad that people will sell all sorts of shit on. I've actually purchased a couple of firearms that way. Anyway I saw the listing and texted the guy that I was interested. He sent some pics and I did some research and determined it was a good deal and I was gonna do it. I let him know and we meet up at a gas station not far from work later that day. I was able to inspect the gun and found nothing wrong and agreed to the transaction. Now here is where the guy fucked up. He didn't have me fill out a bill of sale. As a buyer not having one isn't a huge deal. Worst guy can do is claim I stole his gun when I have text messages and website listings to back me up. As a seller you ALWAYS want to have a bill of sale. The gun could be used in a crime and if he never reported it stolen he's fucked. All other private sales I've had atleast some kind of bill of sale. You don't need a license or anything like that. Just to pass a basic background check. Pretty easy and straightforward.
>>
>>32233626
And by pass a background check I mean just when you buy from a store. Private sales are up to the discretion of the seller.
>>
>>32233595
do gun shops carry these 4473 forms or is this an online doc i print out and bring to the shop?
>>
>>32233626
thank you for the insight! much appreciated man.
>>
>>32233814
They have them in the shops. You fill it out there. Bonus points for bringing your own pen and making the old guy behind the counter feel better about the new generation.
>>
>>32233814
Gun shops have them. They have barrels and heaps of them. it's not something you need to worry about.
>>
>>32233604
Not op

5 times the price though. This will be my end goal hunting rifle
>>
>>32233884
Fine, any other ranom bolt for $300 will be infinitely better than a mosin at this point.
>>
Buy a shotgun. Shotguns are fun
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.