[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newb who seeks reliable rifle .223 or something ideally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: john waynerepeaterrr.jpg (231KB, 685x408px) Image search: [Google]
john waynerepeaterrr.jpg
231KB, 685x408px
Howdy,

Im a proud residnet of the fine land of the Utah territory. Im looking to get a simple, reliable, medium-high capacity rifle without any fucking plastics on it.

Looking for cheap options because am poorfag. I originally toyed with the idea of getting a winchester repeater but an AR would be a good direction to go to....

I want something in between those two rifles. Any suggestions?

progressive/lib-tard here who wants to exercise his rights and maybe claim some coyote pelts and if need be plug anyone who wants to infringe upon my freedoms..
>>
Im looking for

reliable
commonality of rounds
and accurate to at least 50 yards+
>>
Get an AR and put wood furniture on it.
>>
File: you talk like a fag.jpg (375KB, 1274x830px) Image search: [Google]
you talk like a fag.jpg
375KB, 1274x830px
>>32232778
Just build an AR or buy one. Or get a Remington bolt pistol, those are always cool.
>>
You are asking for a Ruger mini 14
But you should just get an AR 15
>>
>>32232862
Okay,

Im a smart dude, build guitars and guitar pedals, i could probably manage.

what Kits should I look at? What components are commonly slapped together. I understand its like, top and bottom sections of the gun more or less but where should i turn to for goo prices on parts?
>>
>>32232891
It's almost as if there are threads out there right now, or archives that give you information on how to build your own AR. A "smart dude" would look at those or inquire in those threads.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>32232778
>Utah territory
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gentiles get out!
>>
>>32232882
Ill take a look. Someone at the bar said i should look at bullpups

i understand a bullpup is like a small carbine kinda right?

the hell is a bullpup
>>
>>32232891
Palmetto Armory is a good deal and has pretty good prices

I personally just got a prebuilt AR cause it only cost a bit more and I didn't have the equipment to assemble one.

If you aren't familiar with AR's know this: LUBE THE FUCKER UP.

Make sure the bolt carrier is SOPPING with oil.
>>
>>32232916
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=google
>>
File: IMG_1167.jpg (58KB, 1714x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.jpg
58KB, 1714x316px
>>32232778
Rossi trapper in .357 if you wanna maintain that John Wayne aesthetic.
>>
>>32232916
Bullpup is a rifle who's action is behind the trigger group, thus reducing the total length of the gun.

They are shorter than other rifles, but are nigh always more expensive.
>>
>>32232907
All the AR threads are lacking real information and are just people posting their sick paint jobs and generally being faggoty show offs by throwing their gun in the snow or sand or whatever

but ill take a look

thanks
>>
>>32232778
Get a mini 14. Mine was made in 1982 and it is still a decent rifle. Not the most accurate but it'll hit what you need it to so long as the target isn't too small
>>
>>32232924

TRULY thank you for telling me that google exists, but frankly i'd rather not type in random search terms related to my question to get sent to online stores with good SEO when i can get a slew of info/scope of the land by making a quick post on the same site that im currently using to masturbate.

and fancy that, it seems to be working thanks to posters who have a shred of fucking value.. unlike you
>>
>>32232926
ammo capacity?

can repeaters really fit like 16 bullets in that chamber? or is that just from RDR
>>
File: DinosaurManLaugh.gif (676KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
DinosaurManLaugh.gif
676KB, 220x258px
>>32232987
>getting this mad that someone pointed out how stupid your question was
>"Im a smart dude"
>>
>>32233004
in a short one like that no. it a longer barreled variant using 38 special possibly
>>
>>32232987
This is some good shit, you pay someone to write this for you?
>>
>>32233041
no, im just that good
>>
>>32233052
>doesn't know how to Google
Sureeee I believe you.
>>
>>32233022
>cant tell the difference between madness and articulated flaming
>goes so far as to look for special jeff goldblum gif
>mad this thread isnt suited to showing of your guns
>doesnt realize i got more leads/information with one 4chan thread in a span of 5 minutes than i couldve typing shit into google
>doesnt realize i actually am a smart dude
>ismajor faggot
>>
>>32233066
what the fuck is a google?

stop saying that
>>
>>32233039

interesting, thanks friendo
>>
File: ButtBlasting.jpg (97KB, 680x694px) Image search: [Google]
ButtBlasting.jpg
97KB, 680x694px
>>32233104
>implying you aren't just getting madder and madder
>implying I don't have tons of reaction images with "laugh" in the title and I just picked one I hadn't used in a while
>implying I even have any pictures of my guns on my computer (((I don't)))
>implying you couldn't have just typed "bullpup" into google and gotten the exact same answer but a million times faster (try it for yourself, I just did)
>implying we can rely on you to tell us whether you are smart or not (((we can't)))
>"EL OH EL, I know what would totally make this Anon crap his pants in anger! I'll call him a major faggot xDDDDD
nice try kiddo
>>
>>32232922
thanks a mil!

what tools are really required?

I imagined it would be an allen key assembly
>>
>>32233119
>I'm a smart dude
wew
>>
File: 1475620965067.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1475620965067.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>32232778
Eternally useful image macro.
>>
>>32233270
PNG version.
>>
>>32233004
The Rossi 16 inch in .45 holds 8+1.
>>
File: kek'ing.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek'ing.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
Good thread OP. Started off normal, turned into you arguing with tards over how smart you are.
>>
>>32233365

>lured you in with John Wayne,
>got the useful image macro, got the sweet Rossi 16 inch 45 tip,
>didnt log any of my interest of guns into google servers.
>didnt lift a finger. went from zero gun knowledge to... still very little but slightly more gun knowledge with no effort
>and got more info than i wouldve from google,

...because again, i dont know shit about guns.

yea im definitely not a clever man

>>32233270
>>32233357

much appreciated.
>>
>>32233625
I mean, you're still retarded. But good job bud, gold star.
>>
>>32233625
The nice thing about having a rifle in a pistol caliber, is you can get a nice six-gun as well, and only stock one kinda boolets.
>>
>>32232916
If you want that old west look, a bullpup is not for you sir. Look up a Tavor, an AUG A3, a kel-tec RFB I think, and there's others I'm missing probably
Those are all billpup, other guy in thread said the definition is rifle behind the trigger, but the whole machine is a rifle. It's actually the action and magazine behind the trigger, which makes it a bullpup
>>
>>32233625
Also: if you wanna avoid google slurping up your private stuff, give duckduckgo a try.
>>
>>32233625
try reading my post again. You'll see I never said you were stupid, I just said you were arguing with tards. Now you're directing your autism at me, an innocent observer.
>>
>>32233807

sorry friend, i took your post for a sarcastic jest

/k/ has the best community on this site

Watch Out! this Autist is getting strapped
>>
>>32233675

thats what i was thinking in fact
>>
>>32233876
/k/ really is the most friendly and helpful community, as long as you don't trigger any of the meme team sperglords (like hunter)
>>
>>32232778
REEEEEEE, GET OUT OF MY UTAH.

YOU LEFTISTS ARE RUINING THE STATE THAT I MOVED TO FLEEING THE RETARDS WHO RUINED THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
>>
>>32232778
>cheap .223 rifle with high capacity
>that's good
>without plastic on it

There's the Mini-14, but you'll be paying $700 minimum for a new one.

The old ones can be had for less than half, but they have shit accuracy (we're talking 4 or more MOA in ideal conditions and more as the flimsy barrel heats up), you can put an AccuStrut on an old Mini to help with the accuracy to a degree, but it'll never be as good as a post-2006 Mini.
There's also the old GB models, which were pretty decent, but they have collector value and will probably cost as much, if maybe not more, than a new one.

>>32232922
You don't really need to soak the thing in lube, just a light film is fine.

Also OP, some fudd faggot will come and cry about dirt, but an AR15 is designed to handle it, the system is well enclosed and the inside of the bolt carrier acts like an enclosed chamber where most residue gathers, this space can be allowed to become silly filthy and you can avoid cleaning it for years while retaining reliability, you'd get by just field stripping the rifle and giving it a wipedown and some lube every now and then.
If you want to obsessively clean your AR, you can later invest in a bolt carrier group plated in Nickel Boron, dirt will come out with no effort at all, plus it's shiny and pretty.

If you don't like plastic, there are places which make wood furniture sets for the AR15, but keep in mind this isn't cheap, you might have to save up in time.

If you want to use optics, a railed upper receiver is practical (but nit necessary). If you hate rails and/or don't care for optics, then consider an upper with a fixed carryhandle, looks slick and is solid, I suggest an A2 style upper for practicality.

If you don't care about your rifle being compact or don't want a carbine, a 20" long barrel will give you VERY good performance with .223, it will also fit a bayonet properly if you fancy that.
>>
>>32232926
.357 is great as a light rifle cartridge (especially for the cost), but there's things it just can't do when compared to .223, range and capacity is dramatically decreased, not to talk about power.
>>
Ar15 you fucking cuck.
>>
I suggest getting an AR just because they're fucking everywhere and can be had cheap.

That said, Mini-14. Henry also has a .223 lever action but it's like $800 OTD. You can also try for several bolt actions, Mossberg makes one that takes AR mags. Wood galore.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.