[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most ridiculous weapon/concept you ever heard of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: floatinggustav.jpg (224KB, 2126x885px) Image search: [Google]
floatinggustav.jpg
224KB, 2126x885px
What is the most ridiculous weapon/concept you ever heard of?

Bonus points for it actually being a real thing.
>>
>>32229328
the french actually winning a war
>>
Nation-building and exporting democracy.
>>
>>32229380
Reported. This is a pro GWOT forum.
>>
>>32229411

I'm ok with bombing people. But don't pretend that you can accomplish nation-building with the resources of limited warfare.
>>
>>32229328
Project Pluto will always and forever be my favorite thing.

>enormous nuclear powered cruise missile that travels so quickly it literally cannot be intercepted
>loiter time measured in months instead of minutes allowing it to fly around in outer space until needed for an attack run
>armed with payload of multiple nuclear weapons, dropping them on targets of opportunity
>completely unshielded reactor spewing out radiation this entire time, tainting entire nations by simply flying over them, potentially for months after releasing the entire payload
>also just happens to be flying mere feet above deck, causing the supersonic shockwave to rupture the organs of any human in the vicinity as it digs a trench through the earth itself
>as soon as a component finally falls to fatigue the missile crash lands over hostile territory destroying the reactor and scattering nuclear waste all over the place

The only reason it didn't happen is because we were afraid that the Russians would get the same idea.
>>
>>32229343
Wow, you are so funny and original
>>
>sergei we are of having problem with tanks, they are being getting stopped by boulders, small ridges and trenches
>WELL YOU SEE IVAN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Tank
>>
File: French_guy.jpg (24KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
French_guy.jpg
24KB, 283x424px
>>32229463
hacked your computer and found this selfie

care to explain?
>>
File: hk_g11_4_7x33mm.jpg (88KB, 788x607px) Image search: [Google]
hk_g11_4_7x33mm.jpg
88KB, 788x607px
>>32229328
>Bonus points for it actually being a real thing.
>>
>>32229530
Yeah I love my culture, but I hacked your computer too and I didn't find anything interesting?
Oh maybe because you don't have a culture :-(
>>
File: Angry-Frenchman.png (27KB, 247x270px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Frenchman.png
27KB, 247x270px
>>32229588
>>
>>32229576
Is this magic?
>>
>>32229328
World peace
>>
>>32229458

Thanks for sharing this anon - I fell down a wiki hole because of this.
>>
>>32230490
You're welcome. The wacky world of Cold War arms technology is so fun to read about. Thankfully, common sense won out in the end, but there are still so many fucking insane projects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_West_Ford
>>
>>32230786
>Thankfully, common sense won out in the end
Reminds me of that Soviet dude who decided not to push the nuke button.

>"On September 26, 1983, just three weeks after the Soviet military had shot down Korean Air Lines Flight 007, Petrov was the duty officer at the command center for the Oko nuclear early-warning system when the system reported that a missile had been launched from the United States, followed by up to five more. Petrov judged the reports to be a false alarm,[2] and his decision is credited with having prevented an erroneous retaliatory nuclear attack on the United States and its NATO allies that could have resulted in large-scale nuclear war. "
>>
File: 1461893257386.png (144KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1461893257386.png
144KB, 1000x668px
>>
>>32229328
19th Century was weird.
>>
>>32230382
Only the best, Kraut Space Magicâ„¢
>>
>>32229328
Carbonated Milk
>>
Just browse some of the 3 reply posts in the catalog...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.