[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is S&W M&P shield 9mm a good concealed buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1476556791022.jpg (606KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1476556791022.jpg
606KB, 456x628px
is S&W M&P shield 9mm a good concealed buy
>>
one of the best desu
>>
>>32228305
It is my edc. Conceals well. Stock trigger is shit though (when compared to my other pistols) but Apex makes affordable spring and trigger kits that vastly improve it. Throw on some trijicon hd or ameriglo sights and some talon grips and it's damn near perfect.
>>
>>32228305
I shoot at 100yds all the time with mine, one guy brought one to a local steel challenge match and took 5th out of 26 with it. Mine eats everything from Tula to federal HSTs
Good guns.
>>
File: 1480634385378.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480634385378.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
>>32228810
>safety
>>
>>32228968
Yes, and? You want a cookie for not being blind?
>>
>>32228305
Yes but the trigger is gritty as fuck and they're usually stiff out of the box. The slide release on new ones almost always requires two hands or for you to manually charge the weapon.
>>
>8 round mag

Meh.
>>
>>32229057
I was also considering a glock 19 but it's considerably larger
>>
File: concerned_frog.jpg (8KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
concerned_frog.jpg
8KB, 250x243px
>>32228810
>a trigger kit is $150 fucking dollars
what the fuck
>>
>>32229065
Do you wear clothes that would allow you to conceal a gun that size?
>>
>>32229085
That's a total replacement kit for the triggey/sear/springs, the polymer trigger and sear kit is $60
>>
Just picked up a new Shield. I had 3 light primer strikes in the first 50 rounds through it.

Didn't even hear or feel a click. Just a dead trigger halfway through a mag.

I don't plan on trusting my life to this thing. It's disappointing too, because it carries and conceals so damn well.
>>
>>32229186
idk, I've never conceal carried
>>
>>32229277
Carry your fleshlight for a day and see if anyone notices.
>>
>>32229235
Send it back for repairs and put a note in the box. Make it hard to detect, slide it into the mag well folded up with something like "if this gun fails to fire when I need it I have a lawsuit pre-written just in case"
>>
>>32229318
A nice thought, but I'll never be able to trust this thing enough to carry it again, repaired or not.

Not the first time I've had trouble with S&W, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for my CCW.
>>
>>32229357
I understand where you're coming from, but you should still send it back for repairs anyways. If you get it back and it shoots well, you have a fun range toy. If not, write an essay about how shitty it is and tell your story and consumers will know what they're getting with their money. Don't let the thing sit in your safe, you're better off using 380 $1 dollar bills as a paper weight.
>>
>>32228305
Y3ah
>>
>>32228810

100 yards?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.