/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does over travel matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: travel.jpg (8KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
travel.jpg
8KB, 400x300px
Why does over travel matter?
>>
>>32227109
You want to know why?
>>
>>32227109
Minimizes movement in the hand holding the gun, therefore minimizing user error.

Also keeps the trigger closer to its reset point for faster follow-up shots.
>>
>>32227109
ill tell you why
>>
>>32227118
I can't think of any reason you wouldn't want over travel. It seems like it would make you less likely to jerk the trigger.
>>
>>32227133
Well then you're retarded as overtravel occurs after the gun has fired and has absolutely nothing to do with the trigger break or "jerking the trigger".
>>
>>32227171
Calling me retarded only takes away from what you're trying to say.
So if I try to shoot fast, my shots drop 6" and stay 6" dropped for as long as I'm semi-rapid. This is at 7 yards. It might be recoil anticipation or it might be jerking the trigger down. I just don't understand how a harder quicker trigger stop is going to help with that.

I can see >>32227122 point though.
>>
Is it worth installing an over travel screw in a Glock, Walther, Sig or HK then? It doesn't seem like a mod anyone ever does outside of the extreme.
>>
>>32227209
Yeah those are both my posts though.

If you're dropping 6" low, you're either flinching or outright anticipating recoil. There is nothing you can possibly do to a pistol to fix that mechanically, it's 100% training as it's 100% user error.
>>
>>32227220
Generally not without doing extensive trigger work or going to a full drop-in replacement to shorten the pretravel and move the reset forward first.

The factory trigger pull on most production pistols is just flat-out way too long for *just* an overtravel stop to be anything more than wishful thinking as far as tangible improvement.

Note how they're extremely prevalent on target pistols and rifles though.
>>
>>32227220
Define worth it. I got a gray guns kit for my p229 and the over travel stop makes a decent difference in feel of the reset. I wouldn't go out of my way to install another one.
>>
>>32227109
over travel adjustment helps in follow through when squeezing a trigger so your reset and break remains not only closer together, but the actions of your hand immediately following the break is to stop moving the trigger - it's more common in hunting rifles than pistols, but you see it in bulls eye pistols a lot too. it's a way to help consistency. and consistent shooting helps with consistent training.
>>
>>32227109
Because a good trigger pull doesn't end when the hammer falls. A properly set over travel stop gives you a more stable follow through by taking out some of the movement after the break.
>>
>>32227246
>shorten the pretravel and move the reset forward first.
I think this answers my question. THANK YOU!

>>32227300
>>32227308
thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.