/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are guns effected by constant cold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: worried_face.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
worried_face.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
I mostly use the internet and sleep in my walk-in freezer, should that be taken into account when buying a firearm?
>>
>I mostly use the internet and sleep in my walk-in freezer
wut
>>
File: 1429264884045.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1429264884045.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>32226966
I really hope this is just slang for a cold house.
>>
Yeah they are, if the gun is mostly metal it gets really cold.
>>
>>32226966
Is metal affected by temperature? You got me there bud.
>>
>>32226966
>lol le maymays am i clever guise?
here is your (you), mr freeze
>>
>>32226966
>Not stuffing gun up your ass.
Get on my level.
>>
>>32226972
>>32226982

I don't know, I just like hanging around in my Freezer, its not that weird.

If it gets too cold I leave, but I have gotten pretty good at laying on my freezer-futon using my computer in the dark, its relaxing.

>>32226985
>>32226989

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. You think wrapping them in a blanket would help keep them usable after, say 6 hours in a freezer os is there no hope for that?
>>
Guns are cold when it's cold.

>>32227066
>its not that weird.
Yes it is, but after I've encountered that dude on /fit/ that removes nipples, I'm not surprised as much.
>>
>>32226966
You might have to lubricate it different, depending on what the manufacturer recommendations are.

I live in MN and sometimes shoot when it's colder than -30 out, and I "winterize" my guns by cleaning them and relubing with thinner oils. If I'm going to shoot when it's -30 or colder, I will lube with kerosene or graphite instead of gun oil.
>>
File: 1460798164375.gif (3MB, 275x293px) Image search: [Google]
1460798164375.gif
3MB, 275x293px
Post pics of your freezer
>>
>>32227066
can you post a picture of the inside of the freezer?
Sounds neat
>>
>>32226966
The real question here is why are you sleeping in your walk-in freezer.
>>
>>32226966
A-are you a Jotun?
>>
just when I thought I couldn't see any more weird stuff on 4chan
>>
File: freeze.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
freeze.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
Why would OP need anything but his freeze gun? Batman pissing him off?
>>
File: 1252348692514.jpg (27KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1252348692514.jpg
27KB, 250x255px
>>32226966
If you're just storing them in the cold, then there's no real special considerations. Guns largely don't give a shit if you're putting them in cold, so long as it's not cryogenic cold in the ranges below -50F or so, just normal atmospheric cold is fine.

If you plan on shooting them in extreme cold, then the cold *can* cause the metal to be more brittle and the sudden temperature delta *can* cause metal fatigue as it expands and contracts constantly, but this is more an issue that reduces weapon longevity over thousands of rounds and increases chance of catastrophic falure, but it's not like "oh shit, you fired your gun when it's cold, it's gonna glock before you clear the first mag!" If you're constantly going from cold to magdump hot, letting it chill to ambient sub-freezing temps and then repeating, then you might knock as much as 50% off the total lifetime of the weapon, but it's still going to be good for a few thousand rounds if it's a decent gun.

Rapid temperature changes are bad for metal, especially high performance metal that has been pre-stressed such as in guns.

>>32227664
This is something to consider. If you're using the weapon in freezing or below temperatures, you may want to consider a non-standard lube, as certain ones can be goopy and counterproductive to their intended purpose.
>>
>>32226966
Are you a polar bear
>>
>>32227793
>Post pics of your freezer

OP, this needs a response if you want accurate information. Also relative humidity and ambient temperature. Time stamp it too
>>
>>32228424
Ice Bear needs a piece to protect him during his everyday hustlin'.
>>
Where are those freezer pics, op?

I wanna see your set up in the freezer.

Also, as long as you keep the guns either cold or room temp without moving them to the other repeatedly, they'll be fine.
>>
>>32228008
Underrated post.
>>
>>32226966

Is your freezer the ultimate mancave?
>>
>>32226966
I'll bet your nipples are nice and perky all the time. :3
>>
Come on OP some of us have been waiting for over half an hour to see your freezer pics. Please don't be a faggot and deliver pics for great justice.
>>
>>32227066
I sort of get it. I'm most comfortable when it's cold as fuck. I'm an Anchorage fag, and even during the winter I keep the window open and sometimes the fan on. I've woken up to <40 degree temperatures before, just sleep with lots of blankets.
Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>32227066
The cold gun will collect condensation when you take it out of the freezer. If it's a pistol just keep it in a ziplock bag until it warms up to room temp. Don't know about rifles.
>>
>>32226966
Your a faggot op

At least antman showed us his rape/murder shelter that he had and he was a fucking lunatic.

Unlike you fag you're not showing us abything but lies bitch
>>
>>32228883
This

Antman was an antfag but at least he actually posted pics

Now cough up op or we're not believing your lying shit
>>
>>32228092
Not OP but I just want a truck gun. So would it be cool to leave it in the truck all year? 40 degree lows in winter and 105 highs in summer here.
>>
related:

I've read that the only differences between Canada's C7 and the M16A2 are the C7 is full auto, and it has optimization for cold climates. what exactly does that mean? What did they change about the AR platform to make it better in the cold?
>>
Are RATS tourniquets decent? I want something smaller than a CAT or SOF-T for my shooting belt. Preferably something I'd be able to jam inside an ITS EDC Slimline medical pouch with an Israeli bandage. I've heard good and bad things about them, but Blue Force Gear and Spiritus Systems stock them, so they can't be all bad. What do?
>>
>>32228981
It has a plaid finish
>>
File: 4C 191.jpg (54KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
4C 191.jpg
54KB, 600x424px
>>32226966
Yes, firearms are deeply AFFECTED by the cold...this is why no wars have ever been fought during the winter.
>>
Tbh I'd love to have a walk in freezer.
I thought only restaurants had that kind of shit.
How much did it cost getting installed?
>>
>>32228965
It'll be fine
>>
>>32226966
You are a meat popsicle.
>>
>>32227664
Kersone is like diesel
It will gel at sub -30
>>
>>32228965
>not even sub freezing

Pleb
>>
>>32226966
dexter pls
>>
>>32227793
why are you posting pictures of dish washers?? also that's a funny looking kitchen
>>
>>32226966
Show us where you keep your tendies
>>
>>32228883
>>32228909
Antman is dead and you fags now it.

Stop trying.
>>
Show us the freezer
>>
>>32229007
Why nobody can invade Russia. The guns just refuse to work. Russian guns are communist though. Everyone works or its off to the gulags.
>>
whats in the freezer :^)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.