[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opening a gun shop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

How difficult would it be to get an FFL and open a gun shop?

I'm sick of the college meme and want to start my own business
>>
>>32225476
Brick and mortar stores are dying, its a lot more complicated than you think. Judging by the thread you created, you will do poor in your endeavor
>>
>>32225476
>He doesn't know
>>
>>32225497
No online sales in NY though so we have to rely on brick and mortar
>>
>>32225476
Depends.

Are you a minority or a female? If so you can get an Obamaloan for 0% interest 30 year term. Buy a building buy up a bunch of guns and accessories and open up shop. You will need an FFL first but those are easy.

It isn't just for gas stations and hotels.

If you are a white male sorry but you'll need to have the 10 million up front you don't qualify.
>>
>>32225497
>still has to go to an FFL for a transfer

Not really m8
>>
>>32225727
Wally world, or any other sporting goods store that sells firearms.
>>
>>32225476
I like to help /k/omrades out so I'll try to give you an idea of what you may be getting into.

You're essentially where I was about a year ago. I too tired of the college meme and decided that I wanted to try running a shop. I'm actually too young to set up an FFL so I'm currently getting a plain surplus store set up (which I'll probably expand into an FFL later on).

I'll have the thread open in the background while I'm doing shit, so if you have any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Obviously my experiences aren't FFL related but hopefully I can provide some insight into setting up a /k/-related small business

>>32225497
I wouldn't say that they're dying but their role in modern commerce is definitely changing. Those that can't adapt to the internet are definitely getting hit hard as fuck

>>32225579
wat

I live in NY, you can order shit online and have it transferred to a local FFL for pickup
>>
bumping for interest
>>
Do you even know what 1040 Schedule C, Schedule SE, or form 4562 are?

If not, don't bother.
>>
>>32225497
Don't listen to this fag. He's probably never owned a business in his life.

Plenty of brick and mortar gun stores make money, but they don't seem to make much.

However, there's plenty of money to make in online sales. I'd suggest you start there.

I'll give you what i would do.

Save up 10k or so. Find a product on a website like rainier arms, primary arms or something that they consistently sell out of. Build some kind of basic website, create an LLC through legal zoom, obtain a sales and use tax number for your state, and use that to order as much of that product from step one that the manufacturer (if they'll sell direct) will sell you.

Sell only this product on your site at first. Learn basic SEO, find places like slickguns.com that you can post a good deal to, rinse and repeat until you can do this with two products,.... then three, then four, etc.

Now you have a successful online retailer.

Also, college isn't good for anything but proving your not retarded and making good contacts (that second part can actually be VERY helpful).
>>
>>32226823
>If not, don't bother.

With that kind of attitude, we'd still be up trees flinging poop at each other and raping other ape's wimminfolk.
>>
If your best plan is "hey lets ask 4chan" you probably shouldn't be dropping out to do this
>>
>>32225476
I have done it before, admittedly as a side stream of revenue and not a primary source of income.

Margins on firearms are low, your market is saturated and your customers are obnoxious.

Do you have any other questions about the process?
>>
>>32225476
>I'm smarter than college and would make more money doing it myself

Have fun spending the next sixty years finally working your way up to head cashier at michaels
>>
File: IMG_0657.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>32226031
>tried the college meme

You mean you couldn't hack it because you are lazy, stupid, and lack basic discipline. Plenty of degrees offer expedited paths to high paying careers but nevermind being an engineer, lawyer, physician assistant, etc is a dank may-may.

Some of you may not be able to cut it in school and will go off to make a lot of money with a skill like welding but education is not a meme.
>>
>>32225476
DO NOT OPEN A GUN STORE
DO NOT OPEN A GUN STORE
DO NOT OPEN A GUN STORE
DO NOT OPEN A GUN STORE

YOU WILL LOSE OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF MONEY!
>>
>>32227585
>You mean you couldn't hack it because you are lazy, stupid, and lack basic discipline.
>projection.png
what do you do, anon?
>>
>>32227585
This

>>32227923
software engineer, 85k starting in beautiful tax free NH. Wouldn't have been possible without college. I'm in debt about 25k.
>>
>>32226031
What are your profit margins like and what book keeping system do you use?
>>
>>32225476
What if you open a general store that's also a gun store?
>>
Instead of a small guns store, what if you started manufacturing? Start making recievers and such with a class 7 ffl?
>>
>>32228738
Yeah, just pull a couple million dollars out of your ass for some machines op
>>
>>32227944
I have three degrees, work in NH, also.
My work requires no degrees and I work with literal moron niggers that I don't think can even read. I make over 100k and so do they.
Sometimes I wish I used my degrees. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to look into the dead eyes of my nigger coworkers knowing that there is actually nothing going on inside that stinky motherfuckers head. But then again, I make a lot of money. Benefits are free, too. 401k and pension.
Any brain dead smelly darkies at your job, anon?
>>
Pro secret tip I probably should be sharing

You can get an FFL license pretty easily
It is super illegal to obtain an FFL for your own personal use or collection
You can sell a few glocks from your garage every year and that is a business
You can shoot all your machine guns and other fun shit you totally buy as stock for your business *wink*
>>
>>32228787
What do you do, anon?
>>
>>32228787
No matter what you do remember, it doesn't matter, people who pretend do they have a job they like are lying. Count down the days until you can get that 401k and spend what is left of your life passing time while everyone else has to work that shitty job they talked themselves into for 'love'.
>>
>>32227923
I wrote above. I'm a historian and work at a national landmark.
>>
>>32228787

Portsmouth fag here.

Are you with UPS - I swear the dumbest niggers are making decent money moving packages.
>>
>>32228801
Where does it say it's illegal to have an FFL and not conduct business?

>selling guns
>not just being a bro and doing gun transfers for people and your buddies.

shiggy.

Also if you're going to have an FFL, for the love of god have a building off your private property. ATF can legally no-knock search any FFL any time they want to. Even if you have everything in perfect squeaky clean order, fuck having someone else walk in your house without you knowing.
>>
>>32225476
Find a market before you open. Talk to people at your local range, talk to game wardens and ask what people say about their weapons, talk to people you know and ask what they'd like to see at a shop. Then fill that hole, you'll have to charge extra to cover your losses but offering product on hand is important because most people buying ammo or gun stuff want it same day. As far as selling guns go, keep your stock on hand to a bare minimum to save money but offer to have it shipped to you free of FFL charges, most people looking to buy a gun can wait a week or two and not charging $50 for a transfer will bring in new customers for cheap transfer fees and maybe they'll go to you again for things like holsters or accessories which are easier and cheaper to get than guns.
Also, offer concealed carry classes through a third party and take a small commission from instructors, find a way to make it benefit both parties.
Bonus points if you can buy 20 acres to host those classes on or a "range day" once a month for guns you sell.
>>
>>32229338
Literally fucking everything in this post is the antithesis of reality.
>>
>>32225476
Come to a small mid-western town we love non box store gun shops.

WE FUCKING LVOE THEM

i literally know guys who will drop 100+ extra bucks on a gun just so they don't have to go to Sportsmans warehouse or cabellas or god forbid order offline
>>
>>32229320
No. I worked for UPS while in college, actually. They are making about $35/HR plus OT right now. It's kind of a shit job but they do pay really well for a no education job with the bonus of being able to steal ammo shipments if you're gay like that.
>>
>>32229365
You sound like the owner of my old lgs.
They started off great, now they suck... only stock fudd/poorfag guns and have to order anything else.
They used to have a 100yd gun range in their backyard and a shop ran out of a shipping container next to it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.