[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do after self defense shooting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (150KB, 1844x1210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 1844x1210px
If you legally have to draw/shoot somebody in self defense are you supposed to make a statement to the police? What are you supposed to tell the 911 operator?

Are you supposed to say what happened or just say "I thought I was going to die" and "I want to speak to my lawyer"

Obviously if you were in the right you have nothing to hide but what would be the best defense if someone tried to crookedly make a case against you?
>>
>>32224692
Make sure they're dead.
>>
>>32224692
>>>32224692
>Make sure they're dead.
Kek. Mag dump into his b hole
>>
File: IMG_2740.png (149KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2740.png
149KB, 500x500px
>>
>>32224692
Always plead the 5th.
>>
File: eb0.jpg (22KB, 500x500px)
eb0.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>
Did they not go over this in your CCW class OP?

Call police, tell them the barest info that someone was shot at the address you are at and that police and ambulance are needed. Call lawyer immediately after.

Tell police that you are the victim, identify the assailant, say that you shot him because you were in fear for your life, identify any evidence, and say that you will sign the complaint but will not talk further until you have spoken to your lawyer.

You really ought to have a card with these steps on it, in your wallet.
>>
>>32225385
>him
It's 2016 anon, you really gotta stop assuming men are the only people committing violent crime.
>>
>>32225385
No they just said to call 911 and identify the suspect and not to make an make a statement while hopped up on adreneline.
>>
>>32224692
If it happens in a secluded area where there is little chance that anyone else could have heard the gunshot consider eating the body to dispose of evidence
>>
>>32225359
Fuck off Randy
>>
Have sex with the new holes you just popped into the mother fucker. Isn't it obvious you retard?
>>
>>32225359

Fuck off Randy you cheeseburger eating ball of shit.
>>
>>32225385
>Tell police that you are the victim, identify the assailant, say that you shot him because you were in fear for your life, identify any evidence, and say that you will sign the complaint but will not talk further until you have spoken to your lawyer.
This btw was for when they show up.

On the phone just say there was a shooting at ________ and that police/ambulance are needed and HANG UP. Call your lawyer immediately after.
>>
>>32224692
You sprinkle some crack on him and get out of there.
>>
>>32225359
Fuck off Randy, you fat fuck.
>>
>>32224712
>>32225275
Shitty advice. Lawyers say: shoot to stop, not to kill. At least be able to prove that you did to the authorities and possibly the jury. If it took the whole mag to stop the big fat fucker or a meth charged scrawny fuck, so be it, but you better be prepared to back that up with ballistics report.

>>32225359
Don't listen to idiots trying to ridicule this advice. The best advice so far. Shut your mouth and don't say a fucking thing, let your lawyers talk. Also, be prepared to loan all your possessions and your firstborn to hire a lawyer, 'cause nobody's giving you a public defender.
>>
>>32226617
Shut up, kike.
>>
>>32225359
fuck off randy
>>
>>32226617
>nobody's giving you a public defender

Why? I thought you have a right to one. Also do you get the money from your lawyer back if you win the case? Or should you have shooters insurance?
>>
>>32225359
Don't you have some offs to fuck randy
>>
>>32224692
I leafed through a small...leaflet at a LGS that focused on this exact thing. The points I remember were to reiterate
>I thought my life was in danger
>I want a lawyer
until you go to trial.
>>
>>32224692
talk to a lawyer first, always. just tell the police in a non douchebag way that you want to talk to your lawyer and any of their questions can go through a lawyer due to the gravity of the siutaiton and implications involved for the rest of your life
>>
>>32224692

Fuck whatever anyone else says in this thread, Im about to give you first hand experience
>Situation - Boom you popped a dude for X reason and hes def dead / gonna die.
>Make sure you where THREATENED FOR YOUR LIFE and have made a decision to draw and shoot BE JUSTIFIED IN UR ACTIONS

>Holster firearm, if no remaining threats - If he is mortally wounded but not dead keep him down and use acute situation awareness

>YOU call 911, Act in shock, act like you HAD to do what you did

> I just shot someone in fear of my life, I am at X y z , I have a concealed carry permit, I NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE "
2 things here...
1. You call the ambulance to show COMPASSSION ; goes a long way in front of a jury
2. YOU are the victim he is the criminal, YOU are in shock, You had to do it, You are Scared for you life; get medical attention..
Also you can be held in hospice for 48 hours BEFORE POLICE CAN EVEN TALK TO YOU
Aka. Call your fucking lawyer retard and dont say shit to anyone besides him , NOt even family, You are in shock , NO STATEMENTS

>Wait

>Comply with first respondents demands upon arrival of the scene

Things to remember.

> YOU are the victim
> YOU are in shock, you just had to take a life, you didnt ever think it would come to this
> You do NOT need to speak to the police , as a madder of fact DONT. EVER. AT . ALL. PERIOD.
> Seriously I cannot stress this enough.. NO STATEMENTS. NONE.
"Anything you say CAn and WILL be used against you in a court of law"
> Request to be trans porterd to a hospital, you can legally stay there for 48 hours before cops can interview you
> Talk TO NO ONE, Call your lawyer right away. period. TALK TO NO ONE..
> First respondents will probably seize you weapon, be it cops or paramedics make sure you GET THE WEAPON RECEIPT.
nothing is worse then losing your 800$ firearm to a police mishap, or a mistake in paperwork
They will know what you are talking about, GET THE RECEIPT
> No statements.
>>
>>32228151
OH and retards

Join the NRA...
>But why?

Because every NRA member get 100,000$ worth of concealed carry insurance just for signing up.
Period.
Just join, pay 100 120$ a year whatever.. and you get 100,000$ of insurance and they come out with THEIR lawyers and fight for you

Seriously, if you DONT have this yet still carry a weapon..... youre a retard .
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.