[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain Kearney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3852.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3852.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Combat vets of /k/, what do you think of Captain Kearney? Was he a competent leader?
>>
>>32223165
A good man. Honorable, but he was ignorant to how Afghanis are as a people. The best officers know savages when they see them and treat them accordingly.
>>
did he die?
>>
>>32223165
he was shoveled shit and did the best he could with the situation.

>>32223184
you autistic fuck.

do you think hes gonna be machine gunning civilians with a documentary crew there next to him

pull your head out of your ass

im sure a respectable man such as him documented civilian numbers so he can return after the documentary and bayonet the children properly
>>
>>32223354
No.
>>
>>32223165
He is my current battalion commander. 2-501 82nd Abn, we are deploying in June and he said we paint the Sands of Iraq and Syria red with the blood of our enemies, I like him so far.
>>
I think he had a good idea with his plan of constant aggression. Looking at situations like COP Keating I think it shows that you need to keep applying pressure on the enemy.

The problem is that it was still such a losing situation. You'll see it play out in every theater of both Iraq and Afghanistan. America, for better or worse, doesn't have the guts to be full blown occupiers. But with a populace where many don't give a shit, the ISAF can only do so much. The American general strategy was one of cooperation with a populace that doesn't cooperate.

Shit was doomed from the start.
>>
>>32223436
Right
>>
>>32223436
I know we have conventional troops in Iraq, but I thought we only have SF in Syria.
>>
>>32223501
we do hes lying
>>
File: 1473718737253.jpg (70KB, 794x783px) Image search: [Google]
1473718737253.jpg
70KB, 794x783px
>>32223165
he did alright given what he was dealt, which was a steaming pile of shit. They open with saying how they were unprepared for the situation and every told them what a nightmare the korengal is. Not to mention the "politics" involved like >>32223184 >>32223439

I feel really bad for those guys, by the end theyre putting on brave smiles saying the reallu accomplished something but all they did was blow up villagers and make a shitty outpost near their alright shitty outpost
>>
>>32223501
we dont have conventional troops in Syria yet. Our unit will be TRF(theater reaction force) for the middle east. So if something pops off in syria next fighting season then we will be sent there.
>>
>>32223474
Lol i literally ran past the dude this morning for pt.
>>
>>32223379
>you autistic fuck.
Jesus, did his post strike a nerve? Are you Kearney's wife's son or something?
>>
>>32223165
In Restrepo he says he didn't do any research before setting foot in country so that he could have an open mind.

HE WAS A FUCKING RETARD.

You don't lead men into a grinder while not knowing what the fuck is happening in the country, region, and locale.

I knew a guy that was a pog, but was there with 101 in that area when they were doing hot seats. He was a truck driver. The unit told them not to do the gay shit they were doing but they didn't listen and the first week after hot seats when 101 left got blown up and placed in a complex ambush.
>>
He's a perfect example of how fucked up the army officer system is. He's a high flyer tactically I'm sure. He can rack up piles of bodies using only his fucking ranger tab so the army promotes him ahead of peers. Next thing you know you have a guy with stars on his best making strategic level decisions who knows nothing of strategy because he's only been tested tactical and operationally. He's a symptom of the system. There are a lot of retards in the officer corps and he's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>32225162
You really think he meant that he literally didn't read any intel before getting to his AO? Are you retarded?

All he meant by that was that he didn't try and start making conclusions and full assessments until he was able to actually get a look at things for himself. He didn't want to just take other people's word for it. It could have been dangerous to enter into this area with a bunch of predetermined notions and trying to stick to that rather than what was infront of him.
>>
>>32225162
Holy fuck do you need every single sentence, figure of speech, and saying explained to you? Of course the man read Intel and background. However he didn't read any remarks to allow him to respond to the actual political climate
>>
>>32223436

Godspeed and safe trails fellow lgop.
>>
why are so many people in this thread butthurt?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.