[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /K/, tell me about the Lahti L35 pistol.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Swedish-Pistol-Lahti-m-40-open.jpg (748KB, 2000x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish-Pistol-Lahti-m-40-open.jpg
748KB, 2000x1071px
So, /K/, tell me about the Lahti L35 pistol.
>>
what do you want to know? extremely reliable, especially in cold weather. heavy single stack 9mm, great guns
>>
>>32221911
Where can I get one?
How much are they?
>>
>>32221911
If you have one, post pics.
>>
they were not made in large numbers. actual wartime ones are fairly rare. but there is also not much demand for them because not many people know about them. you can get them for a bargain if you consider their rarity. usually you can find them for $500-800 range
>>
>>32221821
Retard heavy for something that actually has a recoil operation but neat looking good as heck, hope to get one when I stop being so poor.
>>
>>32221926

swedish ones like the one you posted are cheaper than true finnish ones, which are rare. the finns sold the design to the swedes and swedes used it as their military and police sidearm for a while. the pistol is notable for its cold weather reliability. it has a design feature called a bolt accelerator
>>
File: lahti_with_holster.jpg (421KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
lahti_with_holster.jpg
421KB, 900x600px
It would be great to get one like this.
>>
IIRC, it was advised that personnel NEVER take it apart, because of complexity
>>
>>32222019
Take down doesn't look hard at all for basic field stripping, even for conscripts.
>>
>>32221993
I don't know about lesser quality, but a few got blown up in the 80's because recruits shot m/39b loads through them, which would just as well have wrecked a Finnish one.
>>
>>32222093
where did you get lesser quality? no quite the opposite, you are right, they are high quality firearms. very solid, overbuilt thick machined steel. but they were prone to slide cracking problems due to use of very hot subgun 9mm being used during the war, which coupled with features like the bolt accelerator, is not really surprising that the slides cracked
>>
>>32221926
Finland produced less than 9,000 of them

Swedish made M40 Lahti pistols numbered 10 times that, 80-90,000 made. So Swedish ones will be much more common and cheaper in price
>>
>>32221821
That one else is mine and it has burned a thousand rounds easy with no stoppages.

Practically a mid century target 9mm and one of my favorite guns. Accelerator is a bit silly though.
>>
>>32222367
>>32222367
>Practically a mid century target 9mm
this is a perfect way to describe it. i cant overstate how awesome the trigger is. very light pull, very short and smooth.
>>
Stop F5ing this thread and study...

Faggot.
>>
File: 1450672338404.jpg (2MB, 3412x1897px) Image search: [Google]
1450672338404.jpg
2MB, 3412x1897px
>>32222431
imagine you are out at the range pulling the trigger on pic related. mmmm so fun blowing up watermelons. listen to that concussion, wow
>>
>>32222252
m/39b is know for raping the bore and locking of a LOT of old 9mm pistols, like a Luger or Sig P210 will eat shit pretty soon, even a new 9mm pistol will have it's barrel ruined by that shit.

The shit is really cheap in Sweden, because there's a surplus and barely anyone wants it (because the low cost offsets the accelerated wear on guns), but the Army insists it can sell it anyway because of "the national readiness" even though the police protests loudly about it
>>
>>32222431
K, boi.
>>
>>32222019
Nigga. Im not sure if youve ever used one, but its one of the easiest fuckin hand guns to disassemble.
>>
File: shooter_boi.jpg (27KB, 385x390px) Image search: [Google]
shooter_boi.jpg
27KB, 385x390px
>>32222569
I will watch out for this ammo. Thanks.
>>
File: mausers.jpg (65KB, 675x673px) Image search: [Google]
mausers.jpg
65KB, 675x673px
test
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.