[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

What does /k/ think of the British army in regards to infantry. Would you say the British has the best quality of soldiers when it comes to marksmanship and fitness. Leave military spending and politics out. Just the quality of infantry.
>>
from what i understand they are getting as pozzed as ours they just have more stringent hate speech laws
>>
>>32221403

Decent, polite hidden bait, but still obvious bait thread.
>>
I've always thought the bongs had the best, most disciplined infantry overall, though I don't exactly have any firsthand knowledge or experience about it. IIRC they do have one of the longest training cycles in NATO though so that's got to count for something.
>>
>>32221517

>threads that aren't about America are bait threads
>>
>>32221403
Waiting for the inevitable "Muh muhreens are the best USA USA USA" posts.
>>
>>32221906
Not even the Marines like themselves.
>>
British units are so ebin and cool :3c

I like the Royal Regiment of Scotland. If I was British I would join them. I dont think they're too far above NATO standard but it seems like they do way more recreational sport in the army over there than here in the US, and I like that the most.
>>
>>32221977

4got pic
>>
>>32221403
I really do like the British infantry but I just hate looking at that gun.
How can something be so ugly?
>>
>>32221977
>it seems like they do way more recreational sport in the army over there than here in the US
The British forces love sports, if you can get into your units rugby, boxing, judo etc team then your life becomes so easy its a joke. You get extra time off, first in the queue for food and get all expenses paid to travel and compete while others are left behind griping that they have to polish brass.
>>
Is the SA80 / L85A2 good enough to look that disgusting?
>>
>>32221977
Jocks these days aren't very good. High drug use and low manning meaning they recruit commonwealth niggers.
Cunts a MoD axed a good battalion of fusiliers instead of a jock unit to appease the scotch cunt voters.
>>
>>32221403
>British
I don't think about those faggots at all.
>>
>>32221403
>the British has the best quality of soldiers when it comes to marksmanship and fitness

This has been true since the Second Boer War.
>>
>>32222510
Clearly you do anon, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in this thread.

Nice superiority complex there, champ. Good job keeping it a secret.
>>
File: ira sniper.jpg (22KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
ira sniper.jpg
22KB, 500x334px
This lads had better aiming.
>>
File: British soldier innaIraq.jpg (641KB, 2514x1600px) Image search: [Google]
British soldier innaIraq.jpg
641KB, 2514x1600px
>>32221403
Best infantry NATO has to offer.
>>
>>32221403
Overall they seem to be pretty squared away. I made a few friends in 1 and 2 Rifles when I was in the UK this summer for an exercise and they were some solid guys. They seemed to be very focused on quality training and were just as wild as us American's in a lot of ways.
>>
>>32223118
Did you play freckles with them?
>>
Certainly among the best but I'm not sure specifically about marksmanship. Range days are often a rarity.
>>
>>32222039

One of the good things about the regiment system, lots of competitiveness.

Also, Twickenham during the army-navy rugby match is mental.
>>
>>32223622
The Regimental system is pretty great.
>>
Served alongside bong unit in Afghan, think it was Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, 2nd Battalion. Honestly the most professional, meticulous individuals I'd ever seen in action. Always composed and disciplined
>>
>>32221403
Australia has best quality infantry tbhfam
>>
>>32221403
CHINA A BEST
>>
>>32221403
Australia is known to have the best trained regular infantry.
>>
Its a tie between Australia, New Zealand, Britain

Theyre all really good and top 3 in the world
>>
>>32223787
>>32223724
Source
>>
>>32221517
autist
>>
>>32221403
>Would you say the British has the best quality of soldiers when it comes to marksmanship and fitness.
No for fitness. There is no way to know for marksmanship.
>>
>>32223724
>>32223787
These are correct
>>
>>32222412
no
>>
Commonwealth nations (Including the UK for the purposes of this post/thread) have a tendency to have fantastic infantry. For whatever reason they're held to quite a high standard and typically made to meet it.

The reason for this is that Commonwealth Armies/Defence forces get fucked by Commonwealth governments. Commonwealth/UK infantry -must- be good because they frequently have to make do with what they have.

Please don't misunderstand the point of this post, I'm not ragging on the Americans because they've got shitloads of gear/best logistics in the world. I'm merely trying to give some insight as to why Commonwealth/UK infantry tend to be trained harder.
>>
>>32226055
A good example of this is the Brits in Afghanistan.

They were good, aggressive infantry (regardless of the units rotated in and out) but there were never enough of them to do the job properly. No matter how well they did with boots on the ground (And from the various accounts/books I've read they were very effective) they were always fucked from the get go because the MoD refused to give them more guys to finish off the job.

Which is why eventually the Americans took over the job and the Brits got a bad rap.
>>
>>32221915
Marines are a lot like Catholics, we live with the eternal guilt of never having/been Chesty Puller.
>>
>>32223060
no better than sand niggers if not worse
>>
>>32221403
we served with the royal viking battalion an had a lot of contact with their death platoon

They were pretty quality but downright refused to travel in protected vehicles they used to speed around in their landrovers doing 90

they didn't like us particularly, as the regiment had suffered the most blue on blue actions by us and even lot a few guys that way. and we simply couldn't keep up

most of them came from the same towns and a fair few guys had known eachother since they were 11 and served with each other since they were 12 (reserves?)

according to a british military forum:
The Royal Anglian Regiment, the BEST infantry regiment, if not the entire army,

The Vikings are obviously the best of the battalions, yet the Poachers hate to admit this and get very upset whenever the 1st battalion do something amazing.

Sometimes known on the BBC and among the hallowed halls of the MoD as "The Royal Anglicans". Some say this is a sign of the establishment of the Church of England among the Forces of Her Majesty.
>>
>>32223060
Neck yourself potato cunt
>>
File: 2d96ad2cb6e.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2d96ad2cb6e.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
Currently serving Infanteer so my opinion on the Army will obviously be a bit biased, I can give you an insight on the Royal Marines however

In combat, they are exactly what you'd expect out of an elite infantry unit, crack shots, maximum aggression, titanium balls

While on base our out in public, Royal Marines are especially bonkers, suffering from Marines syndrome, which causes it's victims to dance in speedos, wear dresses in pubs and ask embarrassing questions on public transport such as "No seriously mate, are you gay?"

Add on to the picky appetite, battalion willy jousting, wanking while on STAG and using Apachess as Taxis, you can quickly build up a picture
>>
>>32222412

I think it looked great before they replaced the green handguard with rails.
>>
>>32228053
>The Royal Anglian Regiment, the BEST infantry regiment, if not the entire army,

Try tell that to a Para.

In all honesty though our forces are damn good especially considering they are constantly on the chopping block when money gets a little tight.

However this can also manifest itself into serious overconfidence, for example the forces that went barreling into Basra in 03 didn't even bother bringing their hard covers because they thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Another example being how long it took to get rid of the rover in favor of a vehicle that didn't leave the occupants entirely exposed.

tl;dr great army, excellent troops that can adapt quickly however prone to overconfidence and iraq was poorly planned mess.
>>
File: roodog.webm (2MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
roodog.webm
2MB, 460x258px
>>32224976
>>
File: 20161018adf8246638_121.jpg (1MB, 3600x2681px) Image search: [Google]
20161018adf8246638_121.jpg
1MB, 3600x2681px
>>32224976
We wear the feathers of dead emu generals on our slouch hats.
>>
>>32230894
They beat you though, it is actually a master marking his slaves.
>>
>>32230919
The British nuked them in 1953.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_Field,_South_Australia
>>
>>32226683
Chesty isn't even in my top 3 Marines worth emulating senpai.

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/sweaters/products/marine-corps-basilone-unisex?variant=30930647043

There's only one that every Marine strives to be
>>
>>32221403
As long as you don't stop for tea time anymore. Was watching a documentary with a US airborne guy saying Brits stopped for tea time during a firefight in WWII.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.