[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What matters more when it comes to military aircraft: Quantity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (63KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 640x475px
What matters more when it comes to military aircraft:

Quantity or Quality
>>
Quality.

A single F-22 can shoot down 5 F-15s, no problem. A single B-2 can slip past a major IADS network and deliver munitions.
>>
>>32221028

It's always been about quality.

But who knows what the future holds, when it comes to things like spamming relatively cheap drones.
>>
>>32221108
It will probably only matter if they can make more cheap drones than expensive aircraft can carry munitions, and still have those drones able to destroy the aircraft.
>>
>>32221253

Well, yeah. Missiles and missile trucks are extremely expensive. Seems like it'll be an economic form of warfare. If you can make a drone that's cheap and effective, and spam it I could see it changing things. But until then I would think quality would reign supreme.

But I'm not really informed on the issue, just guessing.
>>
Quality is more important now, though I think that from the 20s-40s quantity was a form of quality.
>>
>>32221280
The big difficulty will be making something that's cheap but still able to catch and engage things that are expensive. I expect they'd have better use offensively than defensively, when they could more easily force an enemy to engage them while they were massed.

I can buy a lot of Honda Civics for the price of a Lamborghini, but I'm still not winning a race with them, you know what I mean?
>>
>>32221306

Not really.

Look at the Eastern Front's air war.
>>
>me 262 appears and outperforms anything allies have
>Allies just send a spare squadron of planes to loiter their airfields and shoot them down while landing
>>
File: American Monster.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
American Monster.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>32221028
Milspec, obviously. A very few countries can afford a real Milspec in their military.

Being number one is a major feat, something you can't just solve by spying and then thinking "Ni hao, I spyed".

It takes a bit more.
>>
>>32221426

Never understood this. Why were German aircraft ever able to get off the ground if Allied aircraft could stalk them as they landed?
>>
>>32221426
Except it didn't outperform anything the allies had. It may have had a fast horizontal speed, but it climbed worse than many prop engined planes, and dived worse. And it turned worse certainly. And was poorly constructed.
>>
>>32221028
Quantity and the ability to mass that quantity.
>>
>>32222235
Yeah that worked so great for the Japs at the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot.
>>
PO-2 takes out P-80.
Take that, Quality. Russian Biplane Traktor Fighter beat Capitalist Jet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.