[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone on /k/ a Bounty Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I was training with an experienced partner to be a Bail Recovery Agent a while back, but he and our bondsman had a falling out so i wrote it off. Now some guys at work have reintroduced me to the idea and I was wondering if anyone here had some wisdom or pointers I could draw from
>>
Are there really no bounty hunting /k/ommandos?
>>
>>32221172
They're out hunting for bounties.
>>
I'm a bounty hunter. AMA.
>>
>>32221409
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
>>
>>32221409
Do you like it?
>>
>>32221409
Do police officers like you?
>>
>>32221409
How can I become a bounty hunter?
>>
>>32221430
>>32221436
>>32221475
>>32221494
Srry for the misunderstanding. I like the bounty candy bar, I'm not the bounty hunter in the traditional sense.
>>
>>32221430
Ask mister owl
>>
>>32221518
You are the worst kind of scum.
>>
>>32221599
I alway thought that was the guys who like 'lion'. It really looks like a turd.
>>
>>32221475
Op here, my parter was an ex cop: No they don't...
>>
>>32221813
No wonder.
>>
>>32220901
Worked at bond agency before. These lots are a bunch of uneducated,tryhard assholes. All of the ones that I've dealt with before are what you people call as mallninjas.

Many of them are either police rejects, ELS or or OTH discharge from the military. Basically they couldn't join other uniformed service and yet are too proud to do do security work. These PMC wannabees even had their own fucking patches
>>
>>32220901

A friend of mine tried getting me into this. He is no longer my friend.

These people are scum. Same for repo guys.
>>
>>32221927
>>32221941
My partner said the same thing, he had retired from the sheriff's office after 25 total of police work, and was working security where I worked. He spoke poorly of our bondsman (who was basically a Bounty hunter first, bondsman second) who fits this description perfectly
>>
>>32221941
When approaching a bondsman for work, do you think they would appreciate us priding ourselves on our negotiation skills over the use of brute force?
>>
>>32221941
>even had their own fucking patches
Crossed obrez?
>>
>>32221941
What do you do now?
>>
Sounds like a good job for the autistic; Everybody hates you everywhere you go.
>>
>>32222011
>negotiation skills
Put them in quotation marks and you're golden.
>>
I was for a while, also repo'd cars. Both rather shitty jobs but they don't lack for excitement. Always plan your approach and have an exit strategy. The ones who rush in without thinking tend to get their heads caved in with a baseball bat.
>>
>>32222049
High school teacher.
>>
>>32222073
What do you mean?
>>
>>32222268
Turn dem words from literal meaning to an euphemism.
>>
>>32221494
Be a thug and get a bondsmen to hire you.

>>32221475
Generally we're agnostic to bounty hunters

>>32222011
No, they like force. The goal is to get the skip and sometimes that means by force and it means shaking people down when you need to.
>>
File: 1472096207287.jpg (51KB, 562x730px) Image search: [Google]
1472096207287.jpg
51KB, 562x730px
>>32222268
"""negotiation skills"""
>>
>>32222115
How should we approach a bondsman for work?
>>
What is the minimum amount of gear one should have before becoming a Bounty hunter?
>>
>>32222757

Find one who's hiring and apply for the job.
>>
>>32222825
Properly developed and full-sized male genitalia.
>>
>>32222825
Let's face it, you probably grew up in the burbs, have a decent family and did reasonable well in school. You probably haven't be in a street fight in more than a decade and I doubt you've had brushes with the law.

You won't cut it as a bounty hunter. The people you are chasing are those on the bottom rung of society. They get in lots of street fights, bounce in and out of jail, dropped out of school at 14 years old, and come from a broken home. This is the world they live in, commit crimes in, and will hide in when they skip bail.

If you want to be a bounty hunter, you have to know this world, know the people in that world, know all that world's hiding places and tricks.

A bounty hunter is a cross between a speakeasy bouncer and a street level loan shark collector. You yourself will function on the edge of legal and many times what you do will not be legal. The only thing that will keep you out of jail is that the people you're chases and the corners they operate in will have to be more afraid of you than they are of the cops, the courts, and jail.
>>
>>32222973
I did grow up in the burbs and I did do well in school, but the rest doesn't fit. I intend to work with a partner, does this sound feasible?
>>
>>32223156
Not really. Unless you're a ghetto thug, your chance of getting a bondsmen to even talk to you is pretty slim. Fired cops tend to do pretty well as bounty hunters.
>>
>>32223156
>does this sound feasible?
Not that anon but NO (with capital NO). If you look and feel tough compared to the average suburbanite, teach soccer moms some defense (or combat yoga) classes or some shit. That way you make money and you won't end up in a shallow grave after some nig has his way with you. Please understand, I'm serious and not trying to make fun of you or put you down.
>>
>>32223211
Well I'm not a suburbanites now. And I was generally looked down upon there, the only reason we were there is because my mother moved us out there withe the money she got from her and my stepdad's divorce because my older sister started selling pills
>>
>>32223250
If you can't answer yes to all these then you won't make it as a bounty hunter.

1. Do you know the location of a chop shop and who is running it
2. Do you know the names of three meth cooks and the location where they're cooking
3. Do you know 6 people with outstanding felony warrants
4. Have you thrown someone down a flight of steps in the last month
5. Have you been hit in head with a plate, bottle, or framed picture
>>
>>32223250
OK.
Have you ever in your life felt proper desperation? ie. your mom can't afford to buy you cheapass sneakers and the one you're wearing are literally and unironically fallling part and leaving you half-barefoot? People who lived through such shit as kids will sniff that out and eat you alive for breakfast. And that is the kid-friendly version of shit people you will deal with have gone through. You are seriously risking limb and life when working with such people. Are you really sure you are ready to live that 24/7 cause bounty hunting isn't a 9-5 job? As other anons posted before, you will be dealing with dregs of humanity and we're taling real-deal and not the hollywood version here.
>>
Real bounty hunter here, as in I really do hunt down people and animals that people have put a price on. AMA
>>
>>32223317
Piss off, poser. Real bounty hunters are illiterate and don't browse mongolian throat-singing imageboards.
>>
>>32223343
Yeah, nah. Merc's are illiterate SOB's, and Bounty hunters have to be intelligent to track, and most importantly not get tagged and bagged by the cops
>>
>>32223374
>intelligent
>work as bounty hunter
Does not compute. Bounty hunters are semi-legal nigs or they die.
>>
>>32223374
Is it feasible to work in a group?
>>
Why would you want to lower yourself to the level of trash? I've met a few of them and they're maybe one run above meth head criminals themselves. That is, if they aren't a meth head, I'm sure plenty are.

>rando comes sneaking around the side of my house while I'm having a fire with friends
>ask him to identify himself
>"I'm herpaderp I'm a BOUNTAH HUNTAH looking for so and so."
>nobody here by that name, get the fuck off my property
>he fucks off
>short time later the party has moved inside
>loud fucking hammering at my door
>rando and two toothless cletuses are back
>demand to be let inside because they're CONVINCED that some fuckwad nigger is hiding in my house
>tell them off and start closing the door
>they shove their way inside
>my normally docile rott flips the FUARK out at these three fucking dipshits forcing their way into my house
>watch three grown ass men run away crying for me to call the dog off
>cops show up a short while later with the three in tow
>get my side of the story and see that my door hinges are all busted
>three dipshits get a nice little ride in the squad car

If you're interested in security work, look into armored car stuff. Pay is better and you don't have to act like/be an illiterate drug addict.
>>
>>32222176
Why did you quit?
>>
>>32223410
Only if you have the same views on bounty hunting. Once worked with a dude who shot me in the leg and tried to take the pay for himself. Lucky I had an old friend who studied medicine or something like that only a few states over, had me ready for hunting again in a few days.
>>
>>32223470
>get shot in leg
>limp a few states over
>get patched by a deus ex machina friend who studied medicine
>continue bounty hunting
Seems legit
>>
>>32223519
Didn't limp dummy. It was actually pretty deus ex tho, thinking about it.
>>
>>32223435
Bond agents are about as despicable as lawers themselves

I've helped bailed rapists, wife beaters, even driveby suspects before and I knew some of them who ran off to Mexico. My dad disapproved my work, I have to deal with PD bullshit and whatnot, and worse, I know my boss had some under the table dealings with Cribs.
>>
>>32223281
1. Not anymore since they got busted
2. Only one is still alive and he gave it up after the others died.
3. All got nabbed
4. My fights stay outside
5. Yes, as well as a broom by someone desperate
>>
>>32223535
>Cribs
Dem toddlers are a vicious bunch. Lucky you survived.
>>
>>32223579
This fo sho
>>
>>32222222
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.