[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal fuck ups thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
We know that most politics know jack shit about weapons, so lets post and discuss some examples on the matter, preferably from around the world.
>mexican law forbids .38 comando by name, a caliber that doesn't even exist. It also designates spears as "army only" weapons for some reason.
>>
>>32220291
>no pistol grips for rifles or shot guns for they make the gun more scary and deadly
>>
up until april or may of 2014, here in ohio you were allowed to own magazines over 30 rounds, but you couldnt legally use them in non nfa weapons.
>>
>a folding stock makes a rifle with a 28" barrel concealable
>>
Kentucky has a law against cc'ing a weapon greater than 6ft in length.
>>
Recent UK gun laws. Complete overkill knee-jerk reactions by politicians who want to mask failings of the systems in force at the time, don't understand firearms and who want to be seen to be "doing something" and thus avoid tabloid criticisms and headlines.
Eexample 1: after Thomas Hamilton mass shooting in Dunblane in 1996, all handguns are banned. Even .22LR. I believe Hamilton had numerous run-ins with the law and gave several justifications why his certificates should have been revoked. But that wouldn't satisfy and uncomprehending public, so out with the banhammer

Example 2: After Hungerford shootings by Michael Ryan, in which shotguns weren't even involved all shotguns with magazine capacity of over two cartridges had either to be modified by a gunsmith to two max or transferred to a firearms certificate
>>
Semiautomatic rifles need a certain number of "compliance parts" to be imported into the US.

So that import WASR gets cheap domestic balsawood furniture that cracks after 500 rounds, and my Bulgy AK gets a pot metal American trigger that feels like I'm throwing a rusty railroad switch.

Just more bullshit nickel and diming to get good parts to replace the compliance parts, and make it harder to get a good, cheap rifle. Fuck 922r.
>>
>>32220291
>background check for ammo
>no removable mags for semis period
>if you buy too much ammo the police are notified and this can serve as grounds for a search warrant
>anyone can complain to a judge and have your firearms confiscated for no reason other that "I FEEL that anon is a threat"

Cuckifornia sucks dick
>>
>>32220613
Hint

Fucking nobody follows it and you will never be caught for not following it. just buy ak parts from Apex and be happy
>>
>>32220628
you can get your guns confiscated because someone perceives you to be a threat? What the fuck, I knew California was a shithole, but that's fucking absurd
>>
>>32220628
>anyone can complain to a judge and have your firearms confiscated for no reason other that "I FEEL that anon is a threat"
Bullshit. I require proofs.
>>
>>32220291
I'm not fluent in Retard but, I figured they meant .38 super or 9mm because of the Colt Commander.
>>
I read somewhere that it is ILLEGAL to throw panties from a moving vehicle in the state of Texas. Guess it's legal to dump them from a stationary vehicle.
>>
>>32220887
>>32220914
California "gun violence restraining order"
>>
>>32220979
Yep, if they think you are a nut or worse yet, a gun owning nut they can call the cops for a raid on your house and take your shit.
>>
>Canada
Centerfire rifles have mag limits
Handguns have mag limits
Rimfire rifles do not, so your 10/22 can have an unpinned 25 round magazine

However, the ruger charger is a handgun that takes 10/22 magazines. So now anyone who owns a 25 round 10/22 magazine is now in possession of a prohibited device and could face 10 years in prison

At least they would be if the rcmp cared to enforce it. Thankfully they're too lazy to care
>>
>>32220613
922r is just an extra charge they tack onto existing weapon charges, they aren't inspecting every single gun for it
>>
>>32220628
I live here, and yeah it's pretty bad. Also you get no gun at all ever in San Fran or LA under any circumstances.
>>
>>32220628
what the fuck are they trying to suck the America out of America because that sure fucking sounds like it.

I mean hell what ever happened with innocent until proven guilty or the rights of man.
We have a proud form of thinking that dates back the Rights of man and citizen.

What the hell is with this Orwellian bullshit that will be completely abused.
>>
>>32220628
>possible search warrant for too much ammo

Tovarisch this is good thing we do not want evil fascist pig shooting up glorious motherland.

Oh wait this is supposed to be America.
>>
>>32220628

>background check for ammo

for how many rounds?

like if i buy a box of 20 rounds of 5.56 do i have to do a background check?

t. north carolinian
>>
>>32220291
fun diversion re know-nothing politicians:

my girlfriend went to an expensive girl's private school in the Bay Area in CA, and was in the same class as pic related's daughter, Mr "Ghost Gun Clips" himself.

Apparently she was "a cunt who everyone hated" and "kind of a whore".
>>
>>32220291
In Hungary it is illegal to own ARMOR PIERCING BULLETS. If you carve a bullet shape out of wolfram carbide that fits in a case, you can theoretically get jailed for it.

It takes a year to get a license then you get a week to buy a pre approved type of gun you requested and take it to the police for testing.

Only guns mortals can carry are blanks with pepper spray load and loud boom, you have a 2 week waiting period for its CC license Nd carrying it anywhere without it is illegal even in its box except from store to home.

You can not own black powder or primer but you can own lead bullets and muzzleloaders without any license. You can also buy fireworks with black powder unlicensed and unquestioned.

A gun that loads with a blank at the back of the cilynder and a rubber bullet from the front is a muzzleloader without license required but they have to be modified to only shoot rubber.

You need a license to reload and only for the guns you own and in limited number. I think maximum 1000 primers or something.

Guns are heavily regulated yet yearly 1-2 guys are raided by police with arsenals.

Flobert guns were unlicensed and blank only guns were treated as real ones in every way until 2004 then they changed the two. Guess how many people hid their floberts or forgot where they put them instead of giving them to the police.

Most gun owners are hunters = fudds.

EU now wants to ban every AK and AR and 10+ rnd magazine. In Hungary they would probably just confiscate everything they can.
>>
>>32221036
anon would you mind posting evidence that you possess these >10 round capacity for your 10/22? polytechnique is tomorrow and the boys are planning a nice surprise
>>
>>32221530
dude its okay you aren't in chem class any more you can just call it tungsten carbide. Although its still fun to call lead Plumbum
>>
>>32221530

well that is a a load of cuck sucking bullshit come immigrant to to the us particularly sc where I will let you shoot a real gun
>>
>>32221470
Could be any ammount, could turn into a "per box" thing... I don't think anyone really knows how it's going to be implemented.

all I can imagine is that it's going to turn things into even more of a clusterfuck and tie shit up with ATF when California uses form 4473s to do it.
>>
>>32220979
What I'm seeing seems to be that it has to be a family member or law enforcement and they have to convince a judge. Which is still bullshit, but it's not like any dickhead can just go "anon's gun is a threat to me" and then it gets taken away.
>>
>>32220863
>>32220613
922r applies from the second it comes into the country so im thinking he is talking about companies the import the sporterized version then using the cheapest parts available to unsporterize it before sale
>>
File: fascistromanialaugh.jpg (12KB, 226x206px) Image search: [Google]
fascistromanialaugh.jpg
12KB, 226x206px
>>32220291
>Romanian law
>gun permit has amount of cartridges allowed per gun written on it
>number is regulated by articles in the law, depending on type of license
>retards removed article regarding the number of cartridges collectors were allowed to have (previously 25)
They probably thought this in effect "bans" collectors from having cartridges, but the truth is that in effect it could very well be legal for the policeman to write any arbitrary number such as "100'000" and it would be completely legal.

I should start making friends in the police.
>>
>>32220613
I heard the romanian PSLs particulalry suffer from this, with the pre-"ban" ones being infinitely better than the ghetto-tier ones that are being made now from kits.
>>
>>32221530
Same deal in Romania, magyarbro.
I think AP bullets are banned because the cucks leading us think that's going to save them, can't find any other reason.

If shit really hits the fan, my last hope is moving to Czecho. They have sane gun laws and sane mentality regarding them.

I'd really rather stay in Romania though.
>>
>>32220370
>Kentucky has a law against cc'ing a weapon greater than 6ft in length.
So does Washington but it only applies to bladed weapons. You'd better make sure that your glaive-guisarme is clearly visible.
>>
>>32220628
You can have removable magazines for semis but they have to be 10rds or less and the weapon has to be either a pistol or a featureless rifle. Because we all know pistol grips, adjustable stocks and flash hiders are what make weapons deadly.
>>
Canadian law prohibits the ownership of the H&K G11. By name.
>>
How can I even begin to explain the UK... but legal fuckups are all over the place

Unrelated to guns, I work for a government department that enforces a whole load of legislation. We have an Act from the 1700s that blatantly conflicts with our purpose and other legislation that for some stupid reasons we have never got repealed.

It's so egregious that all mentions of it have been scrubbed from our website as anyone who asked about it would realise pretty sharpish that what the fuck we are so dumb why do you still have that piece of law.
>>
>>32221602
I don't own one, prefer the 10 round mags that are flush with the rifle pls don't raid my house rcmp
>>
>>32221872
What is it?
>>
German law effectively bans semiauto AKs for sports shooters by banning semiauto rifles that have a case lenghts shorter than 40 mm and fall under the KWKG (weapons of war control laws). The only AKs you can get as a sports shooter have clumsy as fuck stocks and single stack magazines. That means to own a genuine semiauto AK in Germany who have to be a hunter (or a collector). Owning ARs on the other hand is not a problem, just because the case length of a .223 is more than 40 mm.
>>
>>32220370
....Seriously, how the fuck would one CC something that big anyway? Were they writing laws in case Andre showed up or something?
>>
>>32220370

> go on Bourbon Trail tour
> decide to CC my Naginata
> I carry it in a custom kydex rig that goes from my right shoulder to my right foot under my clothes
> I put a mask and a hat on the upper end of it and pretend that I'm a siamese twin with a bad knee and some fused vertebrae
> be in distillery, having a good time when some woman behind me starts screaming:
> "HE HAS A MEDIEVAL JAPANESE POLE ARM AND HE'S GOING TO KILL US ALL!! DISTILLER, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! DISTILLER, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!"
> ohjeez.jpg
> try to calm her down and tell her I have a permit to concealed carry polearms but she won't listen
> she smacks the hat off my Naginata
> I step backwards, trip and the blade of my Naginata punches through the end of the sheath
> glorious Nippon steel folded 2,000 times cuts off my right foot
> I knock a bourbon barrel off the rack and it rolls over the soccer mom, killing her
> I spin around to avoid the barrel and the butt end of my Naginata smacks me between the eyes
> the last thing I see is my Naginata's siamese twin cover mask beating me unconscious as half a dozen people slip on my blood
> I get ten years for manslaughter
> still worth it
>>
>>32222089
Unfunny. Guess it looked better in your mind before you actually posted that crap.

In closing,
Die!
>>
>>32220628
The ammo one isn't in effect, yet.

But still, I always pay cash. Just so nobody can trace my credit activity.

I had over the money, friendo hands me the boolits, we say good bye.
>>
>>32221856

A pro gun guy wrote that, I'm sure of it.

He was probably in there hearing these clueless fuckers toss around words they didn't understand and said "Hey, let's ban this thing that shoots a bazillion rounds a second. Look at that... caseless ammunition!". And they banned it by name. Because they're fucking idiots.
>>
File: 1472700682309.jpg (42KB, 480x642px) Image search: [Google]
1472700682309.jpg
42KB, 480x642px
>>32222123

> Angry Twelve Year Old: The Post

Here's a random image that is better than anything you will ever post.
>>
>>32220628

Jesus Christ sucking Buddha's cock! I am fucking glad as shit I got out of there when I did. I thought it was bad in 2010. Fucking hell.
>>
>>32222239
Sorry. It was not my intention to make you feel anally assaulted. Hemorrhoid cream might help you take some sting out of it (providing Jorge pulls out).
>>
>>32220291

>google .38 commando
>see "COLT COMMANDO .38 FOR SALE"

gee it's almost like they meant a colt commando in .38 maybe?
>>
>>32221530
>wolfram carbide
>not Tungsten carbide
This isn't 1865 and IUPAC is a thing.
>>
>>32222317

/pol/ is over there.
>>
>>32222339
Not that anon but civilised world calls it wolfram. Same way noone cares some english king had a short dick (aka one inch). Srry, tungstenfags, no offense meant.
>>
>>32222360
Damn. Your asshole burns so hot now I can feel the heat from across the ocean.
>>
>>32222329
Nope, it's caliber, the law says
"I.- PISTOLAS DE FUNCIONAMIENTO SEMI-AUTOMATICO DE CALIBRE NO SUPERIOR AL .380" (9MM.), QUEDANDO EXCEPTUADAS LAS PISTOLAS CALIBRES .38" SUPER Y .38" COMANDO [...]"
Which translates to
>[May own] semi-auto pistols in any calibers, up to .380, excepting pistols chambered for .38 super and .38 comando
>>
>>32220291
Switzerland banned "deformable" (basically everything that mushrooms) handgun ammunition. Stuck with over penetrating FMJ for self-defense.

For rifles, it's all ammo with steel core that is forbidden. Which means no cheapass Russian surplus. The only place you can get legal surplus ammo, is at official ranges where they sell GP11 and GP90.

Only Swiss army guns are allowed on official fudd ranges. Probably because a 5.45 or 5.56 round would damage the range much more than 7.5mm GP11 does. Same goes for handguns. There's a list of accepted guns (SIG P210, P220, P226, P228, Glock 17/19/26 and two Sphynx).

Laser sights are forbidden - because we all know since Terminator 1, that with a laser you can't miss.

Silencers are haram, too. After all they muffle the sound of guns to a small pop.
>>
>>32222399

/pol/ is over there.
>>
>>32222381
Not that anon, but it doesn't matter. If you're speaking English, you're wrong to call it 'wolfram,' simple as that.
>>
>>32222089
kek'd
>>
>>32220914
It's real, it's one of bloomies laws he buys in states after UBCs.
>>
>>32220887
Sorta. You can get a judicial hearing where you have to be proven to be a threat to yourself or others. It's not like someone reports you and your rights are gone forever. It's like a restraining order, you can obviously contest it and it has to be proven, there has to be real cause

However, your guns may be temporarily confiscated until the hearing is completed

It's not a good law
>>
>>32222435
>laser sights are forbidden
I know this is a redundant question because of course the politicians don't know, but do they realize the maximum range of a laser sight is like 25 yards and pretty much the only reason for its existence is self-defense?

To be fair, I can understand why a suppressor is considered scary. It may still alert everyone in the house, but it won't alert the entire neighborhood. But at the same time that's also an advantage for a self-defense situation is being able to hear after shooting an intruder. (Not like they know that pillows actually work quite well as suppressors).

Also I really fucking hate the shit about Hollowpoints. People in America have been trying to get it banned because it has a scary name and a scary function. Of course, the primary function of hollowpoints is not to hit anything innocent after you hit the perp. Give anything a scary name and you can ban it. Armor-piercing pistol ammo, such as NATO regulation 9mm, got import/manufacturing banned because they were dubbed "cop killers."

It's just more garbage "The safety of criminals is more important than the rights of citizens rhetoric."
>>
>>32222483

And guns never ever walk out of evidence rooms.
>>
>>32222483
No, it's obviously not a good law, I wasn't trying to say that it was. It just seemed to me like it was the case that any blue-haired dumbass with a bone to pick could report you and get everything they wanted confiscated.
>>
>>32221270
They aren't inspecting any for it. If anyone tried to charge you with it they'd have to prove origin country of all of the offending parts. Those that are marked as coming from a certain factory may just be replicas you made in your garage. It's essentially unenforcable.
>>
>>32222452
Or perhaps one can have enough education and understanding and not jump on it whilst keeping in mind that he's OTI and people from all over the world post on 4chan. Or would that hurt some aspie faggot power fantasy too much? I'd say there's no need to split hairs if the point was understood (and it clearly was) and maybe it'd be good to figure out I was being sarcastic because it is the lingua franca of 4chan and internet in general. What do you say?
>>
>>32222518
heck my original post regarding the subject was just more about the surprise that some one called it wolfram out side of chemistry.

Although it is fun to say...
>>
>>32222518
Calm down, sheesh.
>>
>>32222424

Spooky.
>>
>>32220370
>TFW you can't CC the buster sword
>>
>>32220628
>>32220887
Anons, I'm stuck here in northern California. Much less of a Shithole but still absolute Hell.
I'm about to start college for classes regarding admin of justice, but my college can't offer it all
Where do I go after I finish this place?

>inb4 "Fuck off were full of wastes of life so we don't want one more working man trying to help out against welfare"
>>
>>32221470
Right now there's a little certificate you have to get to buy a gun, lasts 5 years and it's a like 20 question in-store test. Costs $20, but I imagine the ammo will work the same way
>>
>>32221938

Well I don't want to give out too much detail that could identify our shambles of a department, but essentially several pieces of legislation say "oh you must do this and that, and these are your enforcement powers", whilst the old legislation states "oh you can never do this and that and you don't have these powers".

So in effect a total fuckup. Fortunately that area of enforcement rarely comes up as a matter of change in society so we are generally safe from having to just ignore it and carry on and hope no one digs deeper.
>>
>>32220291
>In Poland you can own BP non-cartrigde guns without permit
>have to register to buy powder
>but it's not ilegal to own/make it
>>
>>32222600
I'm in Pennsylvania. Great for gun laws except for Philadelphia. You're also not that far away from a lot of metropolitan areas if you need to go there for work or suchlike.

I might be going to California for grad school soon, so going to be effective nogunz for 5 years. Hold me /k/
>>
>>32221490
califag here. please elaborate.
>>
>>32223217
Where in California are you headed?
>>
File: 1424601690241.jpg (137KB, 596x514px) Image search: [Google]
1424601690241.jpg
137KB, 596x514px
>>32220628
>>
>>32220965
Tx cop here.
No specific law on that
>>
>>32220370
I guess I'll just have to open carry my erection when visiting Kentucky
>>
File: Repeal the SAFE Act.jpg (93KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
Repeal the SAFE Act.jpg
93KB, 850x531px
>>32220291
New York State making a law that all Semi Autos can only take 7 round Magazines (Rifles and Pistols)
>>
>>32221942
do you have mag capacity limits or any other stupid things like "no scary features " laws for AR's in Germany?
>>
>>32224216
I asked her specifically. Here you have it, straight from the horse's mouth:

>I think she was technically his step-daughter, but she was a fucking *meeessss*
>she got super addicted to some kind of hard drug, got pulled out of school, and was sent to some rehab thing. When she came back she was super reformed and really uppity about everything, like bitch you were a junky don't act all high and mighty
>Idk if she actually even went to college, but I'm pretty sure she went to work for her dad right after high school in some kind of nominal capacity doing whatever, probably public policy I'm pretty sure she still works for his office
>also I'm pretty sure his step-daughter rolled with some thugs, which is pretty funny since her dad was all about this anti-gang stuff. She's what my mom would call "not polite company to hang out with" lol

There you have it. No more details because I don't want to dox my girl. But yeah, ayy lmao textbook nepotism and hypocrisy. I bet this fuck pays her a salary with taxpayer money.
>>
>>32224245
No guarantee that I'm headed there - just applying. But to answer your question - belly of the beast. Applying to Stanford and Berkeley.
>>
>>32226479
Brutal. Well, I hope you get it, in a progression respect, but as a /k/ommando good luck out there Tovarisch
>>
>>32226742
Thanks. Yeah, it's a place I would never choose to live, but dem Slavic grad departments...
>>
>>32222089
Hearty lamao
>>
File: 1472345037833.png (4MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1472345037833.png
4MB, 1000x2000px
>>32220291

Practically half of the canadian gun laws fit under here, such as pinning magazines to be 5 rounds. Why? I don't fucking know, because anyone with a pair of pliers can get around that restriction.
>>
>>32222089
>averageroundofss13.png
>>
>>32225963
horryy shiet. well part of me is not surprised by the hypocrisy in that. other part of me is relishing in it. I think i hate De Leon just a little bit more after reading all that.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.