[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beginner sniper rifle for long range shooting ? I fell in love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: grun_aibolt_mid_img.jpg (519KB, 3038x1210px) Image search: [Google]
grun_aibolt_mid_img.jpg
519KB, 3038x1210px
beginner sniper rifle for long range shooting ? I fell in love with bolt action rifles recently and cant stop thinking about buying one.
>>
>>32217541
Intervention bruh, gotta get those quickscopes.
>>
Hyuk hyuk git a nugget lolol these dank memes are only $100 and the boolits are 2 cents per shot for basically armor piercing 30.06 and the sights let you shoot to 2000 yards top hue bro lurk moar
>>
>>32217547
what ? Im new to long range rifles i dont understand your logic.
>>
>>32217547
>>32217557
Classic /k/ faggots.
>>
>>32217541
Savage model 10 with a heavy barrel or a Remington 700 SPS.
I would steer you towards the Savage if I had to pick one. The actions are inherently more accurate out of the box. The Remingtons have to be trued to get the same level of performance. If you're just a beginner, who gives a fuck. Get what feels good.

As far as glass, get a SWFA SS fixed 10 power on top of the base and rings of your choosing.

I love my savage.
>>
>>32217569
>Savage model 10
shit is nice
>>
>>32217541
Get a mosin nagant and throw it in an archangel stock. You'll be good to go for a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>32217586
>$400 for a dolled up turd
lel
>>
>>32217541
Right here
>>32217569
>>
>>32217541
Are you into lever actions at all?
>>
>>32217586
>$250 gun
>$150 stock
>Still requires bedding and inletting and a trigger job
>Still has a floppy spaghetti barrel
>Still has no provisions for optics
>Still chambered for a cartridge that is no longer ubiquitous and is getting rarer by the day
Accurizing a Mosin was a great idea 5 years ago. I've got one, and it's stupid accurate for a weapon that cost me all of $50 and some elbow grease, but it's just not worth it anymore.
>>
>>32217616
i shot a 3030 once but thats all and i wasnt really that much of a fan of it. beautiful rifle though.
>>
>>32217628
Ah was gonna suggest just that! I've got a Marlin 336 chambered in 30-30. Fucking love it more than any other of my guns. However I just realized you were asking about bolt actions. Just ignore me lel. Good luck on your search brah
>>
>>32217634
thanks for the reply though man. im gonna go ahead and look into what this guy>>32217569
recommended and look into these two
>>
>>32217653
No doubt. Also check this out if you want. I have one chambered in 300Win. Just something else to look at http://m.basspro.com/Savage-11/111-Trophy-Hunter-XP-BoltAction-Rifle-with-Scope/product/1204110500547/
>>
>>32217653

Something else to look into is a Stevens 200. Basically an economy version of the Savage 110. It is an excellent rifle to start with and you can use the action to build a rifle if you ever decide to pursue long distance shooting as a hobby.
>>
Not op but I too was looking to get my first rifle and was zeroing in on a savage 11 in a .308 win. Is this a good choice or should I keep looking?
>>
>>32217541
Whatever you decide on, get it chambered in either .260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor. They've both got a similar trajectory to .300 winmag, but with a lighter bullet. They're also significantly cheaper and won't beat you up. 6.5 Creedmoor has a much better selection of factory loads, while .260 Remington is ideal for hand loading because it's a 6.5mm bullet in .308 brass.
>>
Tikka t3 I'd another good one. How's 1500 also
>>
>>32217541
Ruger precision rifle or RPR are entry level and fairly cool and available in a bunch of calibers
>>
Get a Savage Model 10 in .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor, I absolutely know someone will disagree with this opinion but Nikon has some good 4-12x scopes that will accent the rifle well. If you're on a budget. Or you could get the 10 BA Stealth in .300 Win Mag and mount a 4-16x trijicon illuminated reticle optic for around $2k. I built one as a display gun for the shop I work at and a guy from the Czech Republic bought it today.
>>
>>32217750

If he can find one...
>>
>>32217541
check out Tikka

fuck the Mosin fags

stay the FUCK away from Remington
>>
>>32217541

Spend just as much on the optics as the rifle
>>
>>32217541
Stop playing CS:GO
>>
>>32217616
>Lever action
>sniper rifle
NO
>>
>>32217541
1. Go to jewtube
2. Search 'Long range shooting for less than 1 kilodollar'
3. ??????
4. Prophet
>>
>>32217960
If you would've read the thread you would've seen that I already elaboratedon that you poopdick
>>
>>32217569
based model 10
>>
I have spent / am spending way too much on my Remington 700 SPS but I love it too bits. I am aware it's bordering on Tacticool but I don't care. It currently sits in a MDT HS3 with a Nikon 4-16 Mildot. Will post pics once it's back from the the gunsmith (fluting, threading for a suppressor and cerakoting errything)
>>
>>32217541
For out of the box quality a tikka t3x is probably your best bet for that class of rifle. They come standard with a 2-4 lbs trigger pull and decent scope mounts. I personally own two of the t3 models and a few of my friends have tikkas and they couldn't be happier with them. Get yourself a good optic that suits the caliber of your choice. I would suggest 308win if you are a non reloader. Quality ammo will be easier to find and it will be a bit cheaper than something like a .260rem or a 6.5 Creedmoor, but those would be two good calibers to choose from. The problem with Remington model 700 is that to have a quality trigger you should put an aftermarket trigger into it. I had to put a Timney trigger in mine and it made a world of a difference.
>>
>>32217541

Any of the Savage target rifles

Quality, but not overpriced

.308 is fine, as they have long barrels, which push the 150 grainers fast

6.5mm stuff is also fine
>>
>>32217541
>sniper rifle
You'll have to turn 18 first, kid.
>>
>falling for the 6.5 meme
It's like you want to make your gunsmith rich by getting your rifle rebarreld every 4000 rounds
>>
>>32218887
That's what they're called, anon. You can go full autism and say precision high caliber manual action rifle if you want to but we'll use the colloquial term. It's like saying flash drive; not a proper name at all but everyone knows what you mean and it rolls off the tongue much better than universal serial bus compliant flash based non-volatile data storage drive.
>>
>>32218903
>implying anyone that posts on 4chan before 10pm EST will ever fire more than 1000 rounds through any single firearm in their entire life
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.