[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reloading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 99201-159114.jpg (23KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
99201-159114.jpg
23KB, 462x462px
I know there's a bunch of you reloaders here, I have a question and I couldn't seem to find anything on it.

I'm reloading 9x19 I've never reloaded befor.

While tumbling the brass in Walnut media for 4 hours I noticed the outside of the brass is super clean, but the inside especially near the primer is still dark or has a shade to it, it's not shiny like the outside, it the brass just burned, or should I tumble it more? How do I get these little fuckers clean?
>>
File: 20160930_164018.jpg (818KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_164018.jpg
818KB, 2048x1152px
Deprime before wet tumbling in stainless steel pin media... Walnut is ok for cleaning the outside but does a shit job inside and in the primer pocket. For 9mm it makes about 0 difference so just put it on for an hour and then towel off the dust.
>>
>>32216269
It's not a problem if you got all the shit out. Of your autism is very bad maybe get a brass brush.
>>
>>32216269
I just use a sonic cleaner. It ain't perfect but does a good enough job.
>>
>>32216328
I honestly don't give a duck if it doesn't really matter.

My main concern is getting my dies all nasty from it not being very clean.
>>
>>32216314
and depriving before I tumble won't make my deprive & resize die fuck up from all the carbon?
>>
>>32216427
deprime deprime.......Jesus fuckin Christ my phones auto correct is annoying
>>
>>32216269
There's a fucking reloading thread with near the same fucking picture how about you fucking look at the fucking catalog.
>>
>>32216486
No, it's a dedicated decapping die that doesn't touch the case, just punches the primer out. Pistol sizing only touches the outside of the case anyways so as long as it is clean and dust free you are good. When I wet tumble with a little bit of lemishine and car wash soap, my pistol dies run like butter. In just walnut they are still a little gritty.
>>
>>32216400
It really doesn't matter. If you sell your ammo at gun shows or something maybe invest in a wet steel pin tumbler and deprime before hand just to make them look new. But even the bench rest guys will tell you a quick pass with a wire pipe cleaner down the flash hole is overkill for cleaning the primer pocket. Given it isn't so dirty the primer doesn't seat flat.

I clean the fucking shit out some brass just cause it gives me something to do on the weekends, but the ones I kinda skimp on haven't messed up my holders or dies at all.
>>
>>32216400
I have a friend that loads for his ipsc team, literally thousands of rounds a month and his dies only get a quick soak in Hoppes and then relube every three months. You could probably clean your dies every year or so and be fine.
>>
>>32216400
My rifle dies get full of sizing lube. I run fairly clean cases through them, but still break them down and wipe out the lube after every use. I only reload when I have a good 500 - 1000 rounds to load. My main concern is rusting caused by my corrosive touch, so everything is also well oiled before being put back into storage. That being said, dies are cheap. While I try to take care of them, I won't kill myself if I have to junk a set.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.