[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ommandos I am looking to get a budget Ar-15. My price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 3209687209.jpg (81KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
3209687209.jpg
81KB, 660x371px
Hey /k/ommandos

I am looking to get a budget Ar-15. My price range is between $500-$650. I don't really know anything about the current Ar market and what brands overprice or sell junk. I am also not looking for a scope. I will be using iron sights.

I would be fine buying it in parts if that helps, but I would prefer to just order it in one piece. I have been looking at a few on Gunbroker but like I said, I have no idea what to look for in an Ar.

Any tips would be very much appreciated
>>
http://www.primaryarms.com/aero-precision-ac-15-complete-rifle-apcr100015

Here OP, just get this shipped to an FFL near to you that doesn't charge too much for the transfer and you are good to go.
>>
>>32215435
>>
>>32216065
Actually a pretty good deal there.
>>
>>32216073
That is a garbage thread you just recommended. Garbage. You did a bad thing. Apologize to OP.
>>
>>32216065
>>32216093
agreed, get this. sell the mbus rear and get a carry handle or fixed rear. done.
>>
>I've heard to stay away from DPMS, though I haven't heard anything negative about them.
>M&P and Ruger 556 are good to go, though expensive for what you're getting.
>PSA is a great place to start looking.
>>
>>32216065
I will check it out, thanks!
>>32216073
I have asked in a few ar threads before and people always say anything under 2k and doesn't have a 3k scope isn't worth buying. I am just looking for an Ar to shoot on my farm and to upgrade as I go along
>>
>>32216127

>farm

Get a damn AR-10

It'll hunt better and kill better
>>
>>32216105
Nothing wrong with MBUS. I use one and it gets the job done. Toughest of the flip-up sights too:
http://kitup.military.com/2012/07/back-up-iron-sight-drop-test.html
http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/reviews/tests/buisoptic-drop-test/
>One thing I did not mention in the post which was sent to KitUp (due to word count limitations) was that after dropping the MBUS twice, I picked the rifle up, held it over my head like the maul I used to split seasons’ worth of firewood while growing up in Alaska, and swung it down on a concrete shooting table, with the MBUS taking all of the impact. It did not break or shift POI by anything more than 1MOA.
>>
>>32216138
Eh, if I have to kill a pest on my farm I will pull out my .22. Anything bigger and I have my other 18 guns to choose from. This Ar would just be for casual shooting at targets
>>
>>32216048
build one. buying a stock AR is always a bad idea in a budget sense, especially when it turns into a lego simulator anyway. buying the parts you want individually will almost always end up being far cheaper.

stock AR-15 for 500-600 dollars sounds good sure, but then you get all the nice do-dads and shinnies

>a stock that doesn't wobble or just fits more comfortably
>flip sights instead of standard
>optics of any kind
>extra magazines

little things like that add up and eventually you spend twice the price taking a stock and customizing it rather than just making one from the ground up.
>>
>>32216065
I bought that exact gun. It's a great place to start, you can upgrade the components as you go but it's a fantastic rifle for the price even if you don't change a thing
>>
>>32216159
>>32216156
I appreciate the advice! Would it be better to go to my local gun store for uppers and lowers/receiver? Or just order online?
>>
>>32216138
Don't give OP bad advice. OP, .223 hunts and kills just fine. Use a quality soft tip ammo and you'll take deer just fine assuming your shot placement is adequate.

If you're going to a different caliber that costs more to shoot you might as well go 6.5 or .300BLK, depending on which type of shooting you'd prefer your gun do better.
>>
>>32216201
I used to hunt but I don't really have a need for it anymore. I let the local hunters hunt on my land and they give me meat in return.
>>
>>32216159
Bullshit. I'm building one right now and had to spend extra cash to get particular tools like the blocks to clamp it in, a punch set, and so on.

It's hard to build a good one starting from scratch at OP's price point.

Getting one stock lets you shoot it a while and know firsthand what you actually like or don't, which is important to do before you start trying to put one together just the way you want it. OP doesn't actually KNOW how he wants it.

FPBP, just get that OP and upgrade as needed or get the AR of your dreams later after you figure out what the AR of your dreams actually is built like.
>>
>>32216048
Bro. I got you. I love my PSA gun.

Lower $189
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-str-complete-lower-receiver-black-blem-7778699.html

Upper $299
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-hammer-forged-ar15-upper.html

You're welcome.
>>
>>32216228
thats a good point I hadn't considered. I was looking at it from my own personal experience rather than that of a new buyer
>>
>>32216246
I meant to link this 16" not the 10"

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ptac-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle-40176.html
>>
>>32216246
>>32216279
Will check it out, thanks
>>
>>32216289
Yup, PSA is the other best option for you OP, it's just popping together 3 big sections at that point. Good quality, good price. Make sure to buy a mag or few with it though.

Aero is the "I want it TOTALLY prebuilt" and with a good value.

Neither should disappoint.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.