[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a garand and my next purchase is a bolt action, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1457057907449.png (999KB, 750x957px) Image search: [Google]
1457057907449.png
999KB, 750x957px
So I have a garand and my next purchase is a bolt action, my first, but I kind of want to share ammo with the garand so 30-06 is what I'm looking at.
While a modern bolt action makes more sense with easier optics options, I am really really in love with the 1903/1903a3
Is $800~ what they're going for these days?
I know the best is if I can find a local place and look at it in person, but what are the things to look out for with the 1903A3?
I know for sure Criterion makes new barrels if the old one is in shit condition, but outside of that, what am I in for?
>>
Your money, your call OP.
Personally, I would recommend a 1917 Enfield chambered in 30-06. Higher mag capacity, faster bolt, more unique.
>>
>>32217187
how much does a 1917 Einfield in 30-06 usually go for?
>>
If you really want to go old school, get a 1903, but you CAN go wrong with milsurp. You need to know exactly what you're looking for. You CAN'T go wrong with a Tikka T3.

Choice is yours
>>
>>32215780
I remember some old guy that let me shoot his saying something about half of them being really shitty and half being good.

For the love of me I can't remember why though. Personally OP I would go with a CZ557 in that caliber, but you seem to be a milsurp kind of guy.
>>
>>32217224
>>32217198
Well, I will get a modern bolt gun, but the ranges around me only really go out to 100m (300m if I join a club), and I don't hunt.
so getting one and slapping on optics kind of seems pointless right now, until I move elsewhere.
That said, I've narrowed down my modern bolt gun search to Tikka T3x, Winchester M70, Savage 10, and CZ 550 full stock.

I do want some other milsurp, but I don't have a reloading set up right now and the more harder to get cartridges puts me off.
>>
>>32217313
If you get a 1903 make sure you check the serial to see if the receiver was improperly heat treated. Most you'll find probably have a fudded stock and not much else but be wary of drill holes and barrel cuts. One thing you should note is a Hatcher Hole, basically a gas release hole drilled in the side. That's normal on USMC 1903s.
>>
>>32217193
500-1000, depending on if it's been bubba'd and the condition of the rifle. I'm partial to enfields myself, but as with buying a 1903, buying a milsurp means having a gunsmith inspect it before accepting a deal, or really knowing what you're buying/paying a premium for one in excellent condition.
>>
>>32217313
Well, let me address a few things. Savage, Tikka, and CZ make fantastic rifles. I can't personally speak on new production Winchesters, but I haven't heard anything bad.

If you are getting a milsurp rifle for a short time to just appreciate and shoot why not get a nugget?

I'm still unclear on what it is exactly you want to buy.

It seems like
>cheap
>cheap ammo
>fun to shoot
>not for any operational purposes
>not past 100M
Just get the /k/ meme gun. And I hardly ever recommend that, but it seems like exactly what youre looking for
>>
>>32215780

If you want to shoot it than the M1903A3 version will have to be your choice.Not because it is better to shoot, but it is better to shoot.
>>
>>32217187
M1917 here.

Can confirm it's a pretty big guy rifle, for people that were not pretty big.
>>
>>32217368
well, I already have lots of 30-06 in various flavors, so I was just looking for another milsurp that shoots that. And a bolt gun is less fussy about loadings than the garand (which I already got a ported gas block for).
>>
>>32217409
Well, there are some Enfields and Mosins chambers in 'ot six, but those are rare collectables. I believe springfield trapdoor were also came red in '06 briefly, again rare and collectable. A cheap milsurp rifle the 1903 is about your only option. However modern quality production guns in the same caliber can be had for the same price or even cheaper.
>>
>>32217493
Forgive the abomination of the grammer in that post. My autocorrect had a field day before I posted it. It's late im drunk but I think you get the idea
>>
>>32217493
true, but I'm only seeing the CZ lines that have irons.
>>
>>32215780
buy whatever you can get the best deal on

if you can get a Springer for a good price buy that

if you can get a modern bolt gun for a good price, buy that
>>
File: 20161125_104655-1.jpg (3MB, 1578x3169px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_104655-1.jpg
3MB, 1578x3169px
get the 03
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.