[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dying in a stupid war when said war is not to protect your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 95f5ea20c6d32efa54b65bf5886895d3.jpg (119KB, 736x1308px) Image search: [Google]
95f5ea20c6d32efa54b65bf5886895d3.jpg
119KB, 736x1308px
>dying in a stupid war when said war is not to protect your country from being invaded
Why do people do this? And do not say that is for love of your country or to protect your freedom, do they have a desire to kill and die in battle? Are livea worth that little?
>>
I want to die in general so I think it would be slightly better to die for your country than in a rust belt suburb overdosing on painkillers.
>>
File: 1449723521109.jpg (205KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1449723521109.jpg
205KB, 780x840px
>>32215269
Because its fun.
>>
>>32215421
Fair enough.

>>32215441
War is over glorified and then you end up with 18 year old kids crying for their family while bleeding out.
>>
>>32215269
Because nukes mean someone can fuck you without ever stepping foot near your country
>>
>>32215269
>Why do people do this?
fo dem bennies
>>
File: wat.jpg (7KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
7KB, 310x163px
>>32215481
If not for war or conflict we would all be dead anon.
The population must be kept in check enough that the majority survive. And everyone doesn't die from resource exhaustion.
>>
>>32215269

>Are livea worth that little?
For the majority of people living on this planet life has extremely low value. Here's a video of a pig eating a human baby that was born among trash and thrown out with it as well to remind you of your value.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=855_1425380286
>>
File: 1449306759207.jpg (78KB, 319x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449306759207.jpg
78KB, 319x640px
>>32215481
>overglorified
Don't like it? Don't do it. You can either stand on the sidelines and bitch until you're blue in the face or accept the fact that it's a part of life.
>>
>>32215562
Is it that utopian to not want a son to die overseas, in a war that he doesn't really understand?

>>32215565
Maybe it doesn't and I grown up in a sheltered family but I can't help myself think otherwise. It's just not a body made of flesh, it's the identity, the self, the family and friends, the relationships. All that have value
>>
>>32215677
Utopia will never exist anon. We're stuck in this cycle and I implore you to know your role.
>>
>>32215677
>All that have value
to who?
>>
>>32215594
Sure, you're right I would not tell someone to not do something that they are free to do when they choose to enlist. I just feel sorry that some kid lost his life becausr he didn't knew better and thought that some literature, movie or videogame praising war was reason to risk and lose their lives.

But this is /k/ and most people like war, I would just like to understand the motives of many of you who served.
>>
File: johnnygothisgun.jpg (36KB, 515x769px) Image search: [Google]
johnnygothisgun.jpg
36KB, 515x769px
>>32215731
You are nothing, I am nothing, we are all nothing. So turn the cogs of the machine. You can flaunt about "but I don't understand", no, you do understand. We all understand. We may not be able to explain it, but we all have that primal understanding that this is the way it always was and this is the way it will always be.
>>
I do believe they just want to.

Travelling, the friends, the adrenaline...

Even the eventually of fucking dying is appealing.

We all know we're gonna die, but never really accept it. We all live as it would go on forever.

The moment you deeply realize you're mortal tho, you get to realize what's life's real worth.

By accepting your death, you really live, and joining the military can help you with that.
>>
Cheap oil and bragging rights
>>
File: 513lTd7pVTL.jpg (33KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
513lTd7pVTL.jpg
33KB, 338x500px
>>32215731
> I would just like to understand the motives of many of you who served.

Read "What It Is Like to Go to War" by Karl Marlantes. It answers your question pretty well on why young men go to war in the later chapters.It's when he recalls when he was in the boy scouts and he overheard the adults who were veterans talk about their war experiences around a camp-fire.
>>
>>32215565
>implying those things in the video are even human
>>
>>32215269
>Why do people do this?
Travel the world
See the sights
Drop bombs on them
Meet new people
Shoot them
Get paid to do it.
>>
>>32215269
>Why do people do this? And do not say that is for love of your country or to protect your freedom

This is like saying "Why do people get fat? And don't say because they love the taste of food!" It's completely fucking stupid.
>>
>>32215728
to yourself.
>>
>>32215269
The best defence is a good offence
>>
>>32215691
Fun fact. Utopia comes from a greek word Topos, meaning place, and a greek prefix Eu (or U) meaning no or not. In other words, Utopia literally means "There is no such place."
>>
>>32217704
Then you don't understand, old man.

It's not the glory we want. It's not for people to remember us. It's not even for the joy of killing people, though a life or death struggle is one of the best competitive thrills available.

We envy those old men for their scars. We don't know what they know, but they bought something. Lost something intangible to gain something we can't understand. We feel the blood debt of mankind calling. The howling primal resolve that was born in our ancestors on the frozen lake. From the winter where man was born with no fangs nor fur, but fury kept us alive.

We don't kill and die because we like it. We do it because we Need it. If we stop, we'll stop being human. It would be a betrayal of the blood spirit that's protected us through ice and sun and storm. We're literally fighting for humanity. Not for humans, you misunderstand. We are fighting for the prize of humanity, because if we stop it will slip out of our grasp as it has from yours.

What are you, old man?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.