[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-Defense Insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 147865502612.jpg (699KB, 1329x2194px) Image search: [Google]
147865502612.jpg
699KB, 1329x2194px
I've never seen this discussed here -- like, ever -- and it seems worth discussing. Who here has it, and which of them have you gone with? Has anyone had to use it? I just got an email receipt for my second monthly payment this morning, and it got me wondering what you guys might think of it.

Image unrelated.
>>
>>32210804
>Self-Defense Insurance
I hope you read the policy limitations and exemptions. The problem is that self defense isn't illegal in most states and where you find people being charged with a crime in relation to the shooting you'll find that the people were not acting in self defense and had no reasonable fear of death or imminent bodily injury. Somehow these people thought that a gun was a way to solve a verbal dispute they could have just walked away from, but, they decided to escalate a situation and used unjustified force.
>>
>>32210804
It's bullshit. Just like all insurance.
>>
I never felt it was necessary.
>tfw live in AZ
What are you expecting to get out of it?
>>
>>32210849

>I hope you read the policy limitations and exemptions.

Quite carefully, in fact.

>...where you find people being charged with a crime in relation to the shooting you'll find that the people were not acting in self defense and had no reasonable fear of death or imminent bodily injury. Somehow these people thought that a gun was a way to solve a verbal dispute they could have just walked away from, but, they decided to escalate a situation and used unjustified force.

Yes, that's certainly true, and I assure you, I'm not one of those idiots. The selling point for me was that if, some fucking how, a good shoot goes to grand jury, let alone escalates to the level of Zim Zam railroading, I haven't got the capital to cover that shit out of pocket.
>>
The likelihood that you'll ever need it is even lower than the likelihood of ever having to even draw in self defense, let alone shoot someone in self defense. Buy it if it makes you happy. If you ever do get into a hazy SD situation, you'll glad you paid for it.
>>
>>32210887
If you ever found yourself Zim Zammed, I can almost guarantee you'll have a line of lawyers willing to work pro bono, trying to make a name for themselves, not to mention gofundme monies.
>>
>>32210929
If Mosby, in Baltimore, gets disbarred there will be a lot of district and state's attorneys thinking three times before filing bogus charges for the appeasement of mobs. Angela Corey should have been disbarred for her actions in the Zim Zam case. The decision to charge was not based on the facts of the case. She let public outcry drive the decision. This is why we don't let mobs rule, the prosecutors are not supposed to be filing charges based on a mob's emotional demands.
>>
>>32211094

>The decision to charge was not based on the facts of the case. She let public outcry drive the decision.

You've laid a finger upon the precise reason I signed up with these guys. In the present atmosphere, it is hardly outside the realm of possibility for one of us to be tarred and feathered in the aftermath of a relatively straightforward case of self-defense, and even a grand jury proceeding can apparently cost tens of thousands of dollars. Now, those of us who can liquidate that kind of money on their own should of course save themselves the premium money, but I can't.

Add to that, the fact that if something improbable and unpleasant is going to happen within a 100 km radius, it's probably going to happen to me, and I don't think my decision to spend <$20/mo will raise many eyebrows.
>>
>>32211298
How much did it cost and who did you get it from?
>>
>>32211821

My first regular (i.e., not including the "setup fee") payment to US Law Shield was $16.85, and I got the bloody platinum plan. Bail paid, expert witness testimony, fifty-states coverage, the works.
>>
>>32212376
You're paying upward of $200/yr for it?
>>
>>32210929

But I'm white, though.
>>
>>32212467
So was the Zim Zam
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/cnn-white-hispanic_n_3588744.html
>>
>>32212401
that's not that much. especially if you buy more then 3 guns a year and shoot once a month
>>
>>32213236
For the coverage you get and the rate of occurrence, it's high. I'd be worried that they're not selling that much of it and when tested, they will fund a shitty defense. That would be my worry.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.