[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too. Many. Uppers... Which ones don't suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: You scrach my back.gif (836KB, 499x370px) Image search: [Google]
You scrach my back.gif
836KB, 499x370px
I have a shitty 16" 5.56 1:7 PSA upper that I bought during one of the mass shooting goat rodeos a few years ago, but I want a *decent* one for accuracy and durability.

Complete uppers run a full spectrum of cheap crap to holy-fuck-you-want-how-much, and it's not clear from the ads which ones don't suck and which ones are just WAY overpriced.

I'm not afraid to get off my wallet, but I also don't want to pay stupid money for meh performance.

What says /k/ on this topic? What AR-15 5.56 16" uppers do you like, and why?

Thanks for the assist, /k/omerades.

-OSITG
>>
>>32210623
I'd buy the shitty upper if you're willing to sell
>>
>>32210623
Why do you want 16"?
>>
>>32210623
>I have a shitty 16" 5.56 1:7 PSA upper
>but I want a *decent* one for accuracy and durability.

learn how to shoot. your upper is perfect, but YOU suck.

Go ahead and buy a new upper, you'll still suck just as much, but you'll have less money.

Spend $400 on 1,520 rounds of ammo instead and go shooting so you can get better. That shitty PSA upper will outperform you every day of the week
>>
>>32210623
what's shitty about it exactly
also
>signing your fucking post
i have very low hopes for your response to this, but oh well.
>>
If you've got the one they manufactured with those FN barrels off of the 249's you literally have like a perfect 16in. for both accuracy and durability. I know you haven't put enough rounds down that barrel yet to wear off the CHF.
>>
File: 1453618230965.jpg (403KB, 917x996px) Image search: [Google]
1453618230965.jpg
403KB, 917x996px
>>32210877
He's not wrong though you need practice. I bought a shitty used bushmaster with a 1:7 twist cromelined h-barrel and it shoots fine aside from shitty trigger control and breathing which is user error on my end.
>>
>>32210875
> why 16"

Good question- thanks for asking. Mobility, cqb, <500 yd engagements, etc.
>>
>>32210877
>>32210877

> you suck

There's nothing wrong with th accuracy. I actually like the upper, but it *is* cheap. I want to run shitty steel case ammo in it for practice and I'd like a nicer upper for "working" I dont want to crap up my only upper and blow the accuracy it has us mg steel case.

Also: go fuck yourself. I didn't ask for your pro shooting tips.
>>
BCM, Aero precision, and whatever aluminum that is made to spec, really.
>>
>>32210623
Odinworks and LaRue Tactical are the best mix of top tier performance and cost in my eyes.

You can buy shit that's more gucci for lots more money or you can build better stuff from parts for the same price, but if you want something that's preassembled they're your best bets.
>>
>>32211636

Excellent! Thanks!

>>32211693

>Gucci.

No shit. Zackly what I'm trying to avoid. Thanks!
>>
>>32210623
Aero precision uppers go for 400-450. They are better than PSA but not top tier by any means. If you want an excellent upper build it yourself with a Krieger or JP Enterprises or Black Hole Weaponry barrel.
>>
>>32211568
>ing" I dont want to crap up my only upper and blow the accuracy it has us mg steel case.

Honestly just shoot more and dont worry about it. Shooting any ammo a lot will ruin your barrel.
>>
>>32212815
Will steel ammo ruin a barrel faster (like 10000 rds as 15000, or something?)
>>
>>32212862
It will, but not because of the steel case. The cheap powder in most, if not all, steelcase causes barrel wear. Thing is, that same cheap powder is used in the cheap brass stuff as well.

Just use steelcase and don't worry about it. The money you save over buying premium brass case ammo more than covers buying a new barrel a little more often. Just replace the barrel when you notice the accuracy is going to shit, but there's a good chance you'll never shoot that much ammo through it at all anyway. What >>32210877 said is correct.
>>
>>32212862
I dont know the the casting go down the barrel ?
>The answers no
>>
>>32212895

Also a good data point. Thanks.
>>
>>32210623
whats wrong with PSA? perfectly serviceable upper faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.