[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I have this fetish for low capacity guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rifle.jpg (100KB, 736x472px) Image search: [Google]
rifle.jpg
100KB, 736x472px
I own AR's and AK's but I always feel like if someone breaks in my house I'd use my 45-70 ?

Does anyone else have this fantasy of making the gunfight tough? I would win easily with my AR15 but if i only had a few shots that sounds so much more fun, assuming I don't lose the gunfight.

I think it's because of movies where the person in trouble grabs an old hunting rifle in the nick of time to shoot their attacker.

For SHTF I beleive my AR or AK would be best but I would probably pick up my SKS just because of style.

Has anyone else ever thought of using old primitive classics for self defense or shtf just because?

The one upside of gun control is that I would probably go to my low capacity guns anyways.
>>
Because you only need a few shot in the end?

So, it doesn't really matter, except in fights against organized opposition.
>>
>>32206966
a single shot shotgun with a bayonet and a few shells in my pocket would be a fun home defense weapon
>>
>>32206944
if you cant defend yourself in your house with 7 shots of 45-70, an ar15 with a 30rd mag wouldnt have helped anyway
>>
>>32206985
but where is this feeling coming from where i want to be disadvantaged ?

it's like the opposite feeling that people living in gun control areas have

i have so much freedom i want to scale it back for the sake of style and fun
>>
>>32206944
I love shooting old-school guns at the range, keeping and admiring them as collectibles, and using them in video games. I've definitely got a lot of fudd in me.

However, if my life is ever on the line, I'm going for whatever will give me the best chance.
>>
>>32207002
this is why i like using a colt peacemaker in 45LC

also they are comfy as fuck and just point so well
>>
>>32207002

Because you're not disadvantaged with a lever gun against the common 1-3 home invasion

If you had 10 people invading your home, yeah, you'd want a semi with 30 round mags

But, that's really not going to happen, other than a mistaken SWAT raid
>>
if Tyrone or Cletus kicks in my door at 3am, fun/making a home invasion tougher is not my primary thought
>I am going to use everything at my disposal
>I am going to fight dirty
>I am going to stop the threat
>>
>>32206944

I feel there's a hidden advantage with these weapons for some of us Fuds.

Would you rather go up against a hunting Fudd in the woods with his Winchester 70 hunting rifle?

Or a fat neckbeard with an AR15?

Would you rather go up against a guy who competed shooting with revolvers?

Or some random nigger with a glock?

In the end training and training with the weapon you have specifically is what is going to give you the biggest advantage.

My 6 shot 6 inch 357 from Smith is the gun I shoot best with, and it's my night stand gun. I feel pretty comfortable with it.

My carry gun is either a glock or a small snub nose depending on weather/dress conditions. I do prefer the Glock to the snub nose but am contemplating carrying an medium sized revolver because I want to bring my skill with my bedside gun with me into the streets.
>>
The more time you take for each round, the more intimate you are with the gun. Not just shooting, but loading and ejecting.

Low capacity, manual action guns evoke more satisfaction per shot

this is a schmientific fact
>>
>>32207002
>but where is this feeling coming from where i want to be disadvantaged ?
autism
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>32207861
KEK
>>
>>32206944
>45-70
>home defense
I see you hate your house.
>>
File: d6EJHbG.jpg (2MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
d6EJHbG.jpg
2MB, 4208x2368px
I understand that feeling OP.

I adore my 45-70 lever gat. I adore my Ruger Super Blackhawk. I adore the Winchester 94 my Grandpa left for me.

I think I love them so much because they are the essential, "American West" gun. I live in the west and it fascinates me. There is just something American about a lever gun and a single action wheel gun.

Don't get me wrong, I love my AR and Vz. 2008, but I have a deeper connection with my lever guns and revolver.
>>
>>32207861
maybe he's a closet cuck?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.