[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why bother with a striker fire when you can just carry a SA/DA cocked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: hammer.jpg (293KB, 977x1115px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
293KB, 977x1115px
Why bother with a striker fire when you can just carry a SA/DA cocked?
>>
>>32206704
its called a DA
not SA/DA
There's SA, DA, and DAO

and because a cocked DA has a really short and light trigger and can go off easily
If you have a safety it's obviously not an issue
>>
Your picture is DAO which is garbage and shouldn't exist.

Firearms in single-action mode need to be kept with the manual safety on (cocked and locked).
>>
>>32206712
>this guy
>in charge of knowing anything
why do you thing the Only distinction is made in Double Action Only
>>
>>32206720
>Your picture is DAO which is garbage and shouldn't exist.

except most strikers are DAO
>>
>>32206723
You mean SAO, the slide movement reprimes the striker.
>>
Education time

>Single Action
The trigger pull only does one thing which is releasing the hammer if it has been cocked. Example: M1911, Colt Single Action Army

>Double Action
The trigger pull can perform in single action or it can also cock the hammer and release it when the trigger is pulled. Example: Beretta 92, Sig P226

>Double Action Only
The trigger can only cock and release the hammer, it is incapable of being fired in single action. Also what >>32206723 said. Example: any Glock pistols
>>
>>32206743
except they aren't fully cocked
>>
>>32206762
That this post is even needed shows how many newfags are here. It's like its been overrun.

Striker guns are kinda half-DAO. Pulling the trigger pulls the striker back a short distance and releases it. Unlike most DAO hammer fired pistols, pulling the trigger again will not draw the striker back. Basically, it has the worse parts of both. Longer trigger pull than a true single action, but no double-strikes of a double action. Still, the trigger pulls are consistent and safer to carry without a manual safety. Its a matter of taste.
>>
>>32206878
>That this post is even needed shows how many newfags are here. It's like its been overrun.

I've been here since about 2009 and no one has yet to understand that very basic concept
>>
>>32206878
I blame the newfag's fathers or lack there of. When I was a young'en my old man would with hold ammo on shooting trips if I fucked up some academia. It was bad enough that we played poker to see whom would get how many bullets, the stingy bastard.
>>
>>32206762
Education time:

>You're a fag
>>
File: 1460343329689.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1460343329689.gif
646KB, 512x481px
this thread
>>
If you're gunna do that you'd want a DA/SA that can half cock, like the CZ-75. Not so light that you need a safety but lighter than normal DA pull, like a striker gun.
>>
>>32206712
>I've never used a hammer fire semi-auto, the post.
It's DA/SA you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: IMAG1490.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1490.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>32206712
Then explain why my Sig is DA/SA. Go home. You're drunk.

There's Single Action, DA/SA, and DAO

Striker fired is kind of a hybrid between SA and DA, where the striker gets "half cocked" and the trigger does the rest.

OP, just get a DA/SA (preferably decocker only) and carry it hammer down. Train and get used to either cocking it manually or overcoming the single action trigger pull on the first shot.
>>
>>32206762
Can you second strike? No? It's not DA.
>>
>>32209127
God those pistols are so ugly,

>Hey lets just slap our brand logo or model type in the middle of the grip
>>
>>32206704
Why masterbate when I can just dump a load in your mom?
>>
File: M11a1.jpg (79KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
M11a1.jpg
79KB, 800x536px
>>32209168
You high?
>>
>>32209260

>Comic sans font on slide

Its like it was designed by the bosses kid, so nobody could say no even though they knew it looked like a bag of dicks.
>>
>>32209260
Looks good to me. I generally don't like the aesthetics if polymer guns, but Sig does alright.
>>
>>32209290
>Comic sans font
do you even into typography?
>>
>>32209260

Love the M11, it lets you practice remedial action every 5-10 rounds. Perfect for new shooters who need to learn about stoppages.
>>
>>32206913
This must be an old timer thing, my grabdpa did the same, and i plan to do the same with my kid.
>>
>>32209895
I've put over 1000 rounds through mine and I can't remember a single stoppage.
>>
>>32206720
>DAO shouldn't exist
It's great for small pocket pistols.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.