[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: $_35.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Hey /k/, what are some good reloaders for the price? Was looking to get one as a Christmas gift but don't know much about which ones are reputable
>>
If you don't know if they person will like reloading, a single stage would be a safe bet. I personally say don't even look at turrets. No point now that quick detach bushings exsist.

RCBS Rockchucker is solid if you want a single stage. RCBS also always have rebates going. You can get 75 back from buying 300 dollars of RCBS stuff. Also fantastic no nonsense customer service
>>
>>32206410
It would be for my Dad, he's owned reloaders before but its been a long time (at least 20 years since i never knew one to be in the house). I'll keep that in mind though, also what are quick detach bushings? sorry for me being a scrub
>>
>>32206688
You screw an adaptor into the top of the large bore press. Things like the Hornady, Lee classic and RCBS rockchucker re all good candidates.
By putting a matching collar on the dies you can swap them in and out without effecting the adjustments.
Makes a single stage press every bit as fast as a turret at die changes.
>>
>>32206703
Thanks man ill look into those
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>32206410
Quick attach bushings are neat but by no means nearly as fast as a turret press. With a turret press, you put each piece of brass in the shell holder only once. On a single stage you will do this four times.

Op- if you are talking about metallic cartridge reloading(i.e. Not a shotshell press like the one in ur picture) I highly suggest a lee classic turret press. It can be used as a single stage if you desire. This is coming from someone who has bought and sold well over 15 presses. I prefer a lee turret over a fancy Dillon 650 or 550 and yes I've owned both.

Pic is just my junk press pile missing parts or otherwise
>>
>>32206365
Single stage reloading it's pretty much impossible to beat the RCBS Rockchucker. Good brand, company stands by their product, works as advertised.

As for Turret presses, I'm looking at buying a Redding T7 since I want whatever press I buy to be fucking rock solid. A lot of people swear by Lee, but Lee tends to cheap out on the durability/quality of their stuff. Plastic, cast aluminum, etc. Plenty of people use Lee, and it works just fine. BUT. I like things to be overbuilt and excessively durable.

For progressive reloading presses, the Dillon Square Deal pistol calibers are a great way to get into reloading for pistol calibers, if that's most of what you shoot.

Honestly though, the RCBS is probably the best choice. A single stage press will pretty much always be useful to a reloader, as even if you graduate to progressive presses the single stage can be used for things like depriming, swaging, or match ammunition where everything has to be "just right".
>>
>>32206365
The hornady kit is pretty reasonable and includes almost everything
>>
>>32209105
I just got a t7 for a dude online. 450$ for that, 45&9 dies, sonic cleaner, tumbler, bullet puller, 49th edition reloading book, 500 bullets of 9mm and 45 each and 500 brass of 9mm. Don't think I did too bad
>>
>>32209154
You practically fucking stole that. Nice.

The only online press deal I did went.. badly. Components missing/damaged, cost of getting it refurbed and working was greater than buying one new, seller of course had a "caveat emptor, no returns" policy. It's still sitting in the closet as a reminder of how shitty people are.

I'll ship it off to Dillon one of these days for a full refurb, clean and lube.

One of these days.
>>
>>32209091
Kek, eh at the fuck are you going to do with that? I see like two Pacific presses.
>>
>>32209091
>that tiny clamp press
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>32206365
I picked up a Rock Chucker Supreme kit for my reloading setup and augmented it with better components. I use Lee dies as I think the quality is better over RCBS dies and they're available locally. The only complaint I have about the Rock Chucker I have is the primer catch tray is poorly designed. There is a guy on ebay that sells 3D printed primer catcher alternatives that come with a hose to deposit primers in a catch bucket below. It also comes with a tab to prevent the primers from dropping out the front of the ram, which I've had happen numerous times before installing it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.