[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Springfield 1903 but I flinch too much, and my arms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0769.jpg (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.jpg
38KB, 800x600px
I have a Springfield 1903 but I flinch too much, and my arms move too much while shooting/aiming it. What are some ways to fix this so I can finally shoot this gun well?
>>
Get some new arms.
>>
-Do you even lift?

-Don't flinch
>>
>>32206308
load one round, shoot twice.

the second dry-fire will let you notice your flinch and hopefully correct it.
>>
>and my arms move too much while shooting/aiming it.
get a sling and learn to use it.
>>
>>32206308
Step one lift. Step two stop being afraid. Step two can be corrected by proper practice. The more familiar you ware with the gun and shooting and the bigger "shooting muscle" you build the better you'll be.
>>
>>32206308
Don't be a bitch
Do push-ups
Practice on a 22 and get good habits
>>
>>32206308
something like this
>>32206334
have your buddy load you a dead round in the mag
rifle solid to your body, inhale, exhale, squeeze
the trigger- don't fucking flinch
>>
>>32206308
Practice, Practice, Practice.

The only way to get used to the bang is to keep hearing and feeling it. Try to keep your eyes open, OP.
>>
>>32206308
Lift, dry practice.

For added help/ if you don't want to put in the effort, then you're gonna have to lose some blood circulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzupjZQseVQ
>>
>>32206308
Lots of people have said to lift, but do you have the same problem with other guns?

I have essential tremor, which boils down to my hands being shaky as fuck, which I can get away with for a bit of short range plinking but if I want any degree of precision shooting I need to use bipods or bench rests, no matter what guns I'm using.
>>
>>32206332
This.
>>
>>32207603
this, throwing in duds shows if you're flinching.
best way of getting rid of flinching is practicing a surprise break. don't jerk the trigger when you want to fire the gun, steadily increase pressure until the striker drops surprisingly.
>>
>>32206308
Give it to me, because it sounds like it's broken.
>>
>>32206308
Beta blockers
I take Propranolol
>>
>>32208326
This is one of the treatments available for the tremors I mentioned in >>32207775 though I stopped taking them years before I started shooting, I found they lessened but didn't eliminate my tremors. That'll vary from person to person anyway. How well do they work for you?
>>
>>32208456
I have a very bad tremor without them
I can't eat without making a mess or lift a cup without splashing liquids everywhere
With them I am almost normal
Still not a very steady hand, but I can live normally 90% of the time

I think they count as doping tho so don't take them if you want to compete in tournaments and stuff
>>
>>32206308
Gain some arm strength through physical excercise. Masturbation doesn't count nor does shitposting on the web.
>>
>>32207775
Learn to use a shooting sling ala NRA service rifle competition.
>>
>>32206308
Have a buddy load the rifle for you without seeing. He will load the rifle with live rounds and spent casings. It will help you to get past flinching.

Get some 5 or 10 lb weights. Hold both hands up near your face while lifting them. Keep there as long as you can. Keep this regime going. If your rifle has a sling learn how to use it with your arm that's holding the forend. A good sling set up is just enough slack you can throw it over your shoulder and be comfortable but tight enough you can use your elbow and sling to help stabilize a shot better.
>>
>>32208739
Some rifles won't chamber spent casings. Snap caps will work for those rifles.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.