[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C&R Arsenal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 40

File: othias.gif (255KB, 700x715px) Image search: [Google]
othias.gif
255KB, 700x715px
What are /k/'s thoughts on C&R Arsenal?
>>
He should stop trying to market his shitty channel here
>>
File: opinionated.gif (632KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
opinionated.gif
632KB, 500x294px
>>32203106
>shitty channel
>>
Boring af
>>
>>32203078
...I like it...
>>
File: RWTWNUd.png (758KB, 530x690px) Image search: [Google]
RWTWNUd.png
758KB, 530x690px
>>32203078
He's okay. He still owes me a box of toy sticky hands.
>>
File: Othais.png (3MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Othais.png
3MB, 1200x1600px
Disappointed we never got Othais to do the full Burt Reynolds for the fundraiser.
>>
A fun, informative channel for those who like milsurp. Also responsible for at least $8000 that I've spent on guns this year.
>>
Othais is a cunt and a horrible person. And May is uglier than a mud fence, and built like a brick shithouse.
>>
File: 1480265790526.jpg (773KB, 3300x2240px) Image search: [Google]
1480265790526.jpg
773KB, 3300x2240px
>>32203078
Never really took much interest in WWI's weapons until I stumbled across their channel. They're very educational, professional enough, and do a good job of staying unbiased.

I'm waiting for the day when they do a collab with based Ian.
>>
I love the channel and the crew.

My only minor complaint is how slow they put out content but it's also 100% understandable because each video is very in depth and long and packed full of good content and it takes work to put out such videos. It'd be different if it were a shitty clickbait 10 minute long top 5 video every two weeks but it isn't, it's a 30-60 minute and often longer full on episode of a series dedicated to a specific firearm and nearly it's complete history, and with a small but dedicated and hardworking crew it's isn't going to be like a full on production studio pumping out episodes.
>>
>>32203078
He is a weeb.
>>
He's a /k/ommando and it's been proven m8

also a cool guy.
>>
>>32203078
I liked the older animations better but I can understand why he would opt for outsourcing for more time for other stuff ans still appreciate he releases the cutaway animations on his own time.

He also needs to bully Drake into making his own arms and ammo channel because I would love a history of calibers show too.
>>
>>32204857
>He also needs to bully Drake into making his own arms and ammo channel because I would love a history of calibers show too
PLEASE
>>
>>32203632
>I'm waiting for the day when they do a collab with based Ian.

I think he said something about going to the Southwest next year. Which has to mean visiting Ian.
>>
>>32203078
Mae should wear more revealing tops when doing the demo shooting. She gives me a boner.
>>
Anyone here order the WWI poster? If you did, have you received it yet?
>>
>>32204920
Nooooope. As someone in the know, all I will tell you is that it's Texas, not Arizona.
>>
Good info but holy hell boring.
>>
>>32204857
Doesn't Drake provide them with some ammo? Or is that a different Drake in their credits?
>>
>>32204945
I did, and no not yet. But there is still 6 days left in the campaign. So us early contributors will probably have to wait another week.
>>
Nutnfancy if his autism was actually focused and on point for the entire video. The detail is so ridiculous that I often fall asleep to it only to watch it again at a later time, and he better not change a damn thing.

I hope that at some point he works on the history of the Mauser rifle in its entirety, a stupid number of them were made and are still being made.
>>
He's cool to play Verdun with, but there are a few real faggots in his posse. That being said, apparently I've annoyed the super-liberal one of them enough to make him leave on sight, so that's cool.
>>
>>32203078
Since its in the same vain as Forgotten Weapons I approve
>>
>>32203078
since I like milsurp and c&r guns in general I gave the channel a chance but for whatever reason it just didn't appeal to me.
>>
File: 20161204_183827.jpg (3MB, 2063x1945px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_183827.jpg
3MB, 2063x1945px
>>32203078
I think they chose an unspellable title

>>32203106
What I need 30 more autistic haters that bad?

>>32203322
I put on a onsie for Chrimmas

>>32203632
I have collaborated in improving his French rifle collection by one M27

>>32204611
I WISH I had a crew and could just research and write. But like the Mannlicher 1905 we are dropping in two weeks, translate 150 pages of German, contextualized it with 3 other sources, build diagrams of all the variant actions in the evolution, pre-planned borrowing one and it didn't work, found another to borrow, had to hand loader ammo, get dies etc..then just regular editing. shit the resolution on the light box photos means it's an hour just to edit that.

I am an idiot about adding too many nuanced features and hating slop.

>>32204857
VERY private man but when we clear WWI and I get more budget and less hassle from working a fixed, diminishing list I want to push that angle. Handload video along with.

>>32210611
We are going to do the 1889 family, 1893 family, and 1898 export family as separate episodes
>>
File: M1903 Trials rifles.png (1MB, 2000x1039px) Image search: [Google]
M1903 Trials rifles.png
1MB, 2000x1039px
>>32203078
I really love the channel and everything they do.

Cant wait for the episode on my Raifu

>>32208631
P sure its the Drake from here

>>32212278
Thanks again for this pic my dude, glad to see you still come here from time to time
>>
>>32212330
guy has to poop
>>
>>32212278
>taking a selfie on the toilet

Are you a fucking 13 year old girl? I didn't think it was possible to hate you any more than I already did but you proved me wrong.
Goddamn you're fucking annoying.
>>
File: 1436066059665.gif (278KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436066059665.gif
278KB, 640x360px
>>32212518
>being this salty
>>
File: [DEEP CONFUSION].gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
[DEEP CONFUSION].gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>32212518
Why are you so mad?
>>
>>32212518
I can understand the salt, bust be hard to taker a shit with all those dicks in your ass. ;)
>>
>>32210661
I joined his squad for about 2 minutes and I got cussed out by a Brit. If he was by himself it'd be nice.
>>
It's a great channel, very informative. It does put new items on the wish list!
>>
Never thought a channel as good as Forgotten Weapons could exist until I found C&Rsenal. Best research, presentation and production value of any youtube gun channel.

Also they're damn chill, got a super helpful response almost right away when I emailed them.
>>
>>32203106
FPBP
>>
>>32212278

From someone who used to live in Mt. Pleasant, SC: Is Jack's Cosmic Dogs still good?
>>
>>32212278
>Giving/selling Ian a M27
Fuck I want one of those so bad.
>>
>>32212518
You're posting on fucking /k/

...and you're worried about people being immature?
>>
>>32208631
Drake from here, great guy who helps everyone, even took a pic of an obscure Italian caliber book to help me with a retarded question regarding what filler the Italians used in the 10.5mm when they switched to smokeless.

Man is a treasure.
>>
>>32212646
*Australian. Also that's pretty culturally insensitive to not take the time to understand how they communicate in almost exclusively bullshit and profanity.

Seriously though if you told him it hurt your feelings he'd be upset he did it.

>>32212942
I'm not sure. I used to go out there on the way back from Twin Ponds but when we started the series I made arrangements with Shoot Logic to get private range time. So I have not gone out to Jack's in like nearly 2 years.

They had one in West Ashley for about 8 months but it crashed and burned.
>>
>>32212278
Just having a camera rolling in the reloading room for livestream would be great. Also holy shit you lost weight
>>
>>32212278
>I am an idiot about adding too many nuanced features and hating slop.
No you're not senpai, it's that level of autism that really makes your channel truly historic. I'm the same way about ~1983 to present day Soviet/Russian small arms and uniforms, I can't imagine ever having to run a channel on that with how much detail I know about it and how much of a perfectionist I am. I'd sperg out and go full autism over every single detail. I 100% understand where you're coming from about it being a long PITA but it's all of that hard work into detail that pumps C&Rsenal from just a channel showcasing WWI small arms into a genuinely historical and educational channel. Eventually a few years down the line after you guys have most if not all of the not super duper obscure WWI guns I genuinely believe your channel and work will be a full on WWI small arms encyclopedia for many future generations to come, and I wish there was a channel like C&Rsenal showcasing small arms from every semi-important conflict from the past ~150 years or so because it combines entertainment and education in a really really fantastic way.
>>
>>32212999
>I'm not sure. I used to go out there on the way back from Twin Ponds but when we started the series I made arrangements with Shoot Logic to get private range time. So I have not gone out to Jack's in like nearly 2 years.

Damn, my family knew Jack and we were always in there when we lived down there. My grandparents used to live in a development off 17 and we'd always go to Jack's and do the go-karts at blackbeard's cove when we would visit them. They moved up north though, and only like a month before the PSA store opened like right next to their development too.

Are you guys ever planning on talking about gun manufacturing of the late 19th/early 20th century period in depth? I'm a manufacturing engineering student and I get all giddy at that type stuff, but it seems I can't find any good internet resources on it out there.
>>
Really wish there was a way to contribute more than $10/mo. I don't have a cable bill, and between you and Plague of Gripes, I don't watch much else.
>>
>>32213085
Great, you've fucking killed him, you planted a seed and now he's going to be found amid a pile of receivers, a rockwell tester and hundred year old technical packages

>>32213097
He's like everything I wanted from a history channel show about guns.
>>
>>32213110

Basically this. C&Rsenal tackles the known shit, Forgotten Weapons tackles the unknown shit, The Great War tackles the WW1 shit, InRange tackles the 'random stuff that might be entertaining' shit and I'm one happy camper.
>>
>>32213110
>Great, you've fucking killed him, you planted a seed and now he's going to be found amid a pile of receivers, a rockwell tester and hundred year old technical packages

I'd do it myself senpai but I have to get my internship applications in and have finals to study for.

I was actually considering basically trying to start a youtube channel that would pick up where Ian's old gunlab channel left off, but I knew I didn't have the time, knowledge, or vid making skills necessary just yet.
>>
Othais, what other era of firearms/types of firearms do you really enjoy? Are you at all interested in slightly more modern Cold War classics or even present day tacticool high speed low drag stuff, or is it pretty much just wood and steel that you're really interested in?
>>
>>32213156
I wish there was a channel that went over manufacturing because it appeals to me but that would be pretty hard given every peice of machining and jig from even 50 years ago has probably been melted down for scrap and the data destroyed from age or only one copy in existence in some state military academy, slowly rotting away. Also I have not heard of gun lab and now need to binge again
>>
>>32213202

There's a few. I recall two videos from Holland & Holland themselves. Absolute ultimate relaxation to watch.
>>
>>32213202
>I wish there was a channel that went over manufacturing because it appeals to me but that would be pretty hard given every peice of machining and jig from even 50 years ago has probably been melted down for scrap and the data destroyed from age or only one copy in existence in some state military academy, slowly rotting away.

IDK man. I've found 120+ year old tooling at the Flea Market. Also Ian's professional background is in manufacturing so he probably could sort though it all. He's referenced this type stuff in the past but never done any content about it.

>Also I have not heard of gun lab and now need to binge again

Just watched the Mauser rebarrel vid last night.
>>
>>32213237
A lot of it is just speculation though, to go through the same things like C&Rsenel you need to have solid data or people communicating about the data to really know, other than that you need to actually know what the metallurgists were communicating about and then what the factory was working with and then what the engineers were working with.

Heck, you'd probably need some information on the chemistry of what powders and primers they were using
>>
>>32213305
>A lot of it is just speculation though, to go through the same things like C&Rsenel you need to have solid data or people communicating about the data to really know, other than that you need to actually know what the metallurgists were communicating about and then what the factory was working with and then what the engineers were working with.

A lot of this type stuff has already been done though. It's just finding books, papers, etc. where it ends up that is hard to do. There have even been several papers where people calculated the modern cost to new manufacture for several bolt actions (Mausers, K31, etc) based on old records.
>>
>>32213340
That's actually pretty neat, did they calculate what might happen if they replace some components with castings and CNC milling?

Who were the papers written for?
>>
>>32203078
Disapointed with him. He missed the chance to be C&Rsenal.
>>
>>32212999
Love you Othias, how is Ian and Karl in person.

From the videos Karl seems like a cunt.
>>
File: 1449284164941.png (93KB, 161x260px) Image search: [Google]
1449284164941.png
93KB, 161x260px
>>32203078

I like it.
>>
>>32213492
Karl strikes me more as someone who's well-intentioned but has a problem with his tone. I don't think he realizes he's being abrasive.

Source: I have the same problem
>>
>>32213398
>That's actually pretty neat, did they calculate what might happen if they replace some components with castings and CNC milling?
>Who were the papers written for?

IDK man. Haven't read any of them in depth. IIRC most were written as senior projects or masters theses. Just google something like "modern mauser manufacture" and something should come up.
>>
>>32213539
He was cunty over a plastic ar reciever test, he doesnt seem to take trolling or criticism well.
>>
>>32213041
18lbs in just shy of 4 weeks. I got another week before I film again so hopefully it will show on camera.

I gained a lot because of being up and down the highway when my mother died of cancer. I was out of town 4 nights a week for several months until she passed. The very next year we did the exact same routine with my girlfriend's mother. So I put on like 60 lbs and never managed to ditch them. I'm trying a more extreme diet and exercise routine to break the stalemate.

>>32213066
Thank you, that really means a lot. I lose focus sometimes by getting fixated and then get close to a burn out. Then I read stuff like this and it seems a bit over the top but some of it gets through and I'm motivated again.

Also I did a tutorial on the line drawings, you could probably use that to do uniform drawings.

>>32213085
We're going to random walk after WWI so maybe?

>>32213097
It helps! Seriously I did the math and my most recent pay rate is less than $2 per hour of input take-home.

What's Plague of Gripes

>>32213126
I like this summary. We only touch what we can shoot and we do our best to stick with the best known sources. Obviously as with all history there are likely some mistakes but we're building on the least-worst material we can find.

I'm even taking notes about Springfield's collection to share with Ian so he can pre-plan before going in, because I'm not touching experimentals unless as a footnote to an issued weapon.

>>32213156
If you get where you want to tackle it just let me know and I'll pass on any time-savers I know of.

>>32213165
I used to like WWII best but it feels like mostly leftovers now. WWI has been fascinating but I'm finding my favorite period is what I sorta call the "Triple Hump"

Basically early military repeater attempts through the first wave of smokeless rifles. Just when people were coming around to metallic cartridge breach loaders... boom repeaters and barely on that when boom smokeless.
>>
>>32213891
>If you get where you want to tackle it just let me know and I'll pass on any time-savers I know of.

Thanks a million man, but as of right now it looks several years out at least. :/
>>
>>32213492
I dunno, haven't met them in person yet. From my perspective Ian comes across as friendly, professional, helpful. Karl comes across as genuinely friendly and pretty chill. But that's all text-based subjective as hell.

I know Karl gets shit for reacting in comments but honestly I've thought a lot of negative things when you get to the 30th comment on some little problem. It takes a bit of self control to stop and just let it roll off. So at least you know he's honest and not "handling" people.
>>
>>32204937
I agree.
>>
>>32213912
That's ok, I planned the show before my mother died, then tried the next year and her mother died, then finally got it started on year 3 of trying.
>>
>>32203078

dudes a freak with the name Othias, wife is ugly.

2/10
>>
File: dIRAxua.jpg (43KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
dIRAxua.jpg
43KB, 480x270px
>>32214007
+1
>>
>>32213929
That makes sense to me, just seems to not handle it as good as Ian.

But hey maybe being called a lying wheraboo over and over gets under your skin a little.
>>
>>32213688
tbf anon, he probably receives waaaay more trolling than any of us ever do. If I had to deal with thousands of angry slavaboos crying on my facebook page I'd lose it and yell at a few of them in the comments too.
>>
>>32203078
I like it but it's a bit too detailed. It sounds like he summarizes a book for each video. If his videos were more condensed, I'd watch them more. I don't care for his voice, personally. Nothing he can do about that, but some voices I can listen to forever and some I can't.
>>
>>32214126
I dunno, I enjoy his voice. I throw his videos on when I'm writing papers or whatever.

Which may or may not have led to a paper mostly based on the videos, but eh.
>>
>>32212278
So glad to see you here, love the show
>>
>>32213891
So is everyone here just pretending this namefag is the real Othias or does he actually post here?
>>
>>32214157
see
>>32212278

he mentioned /k/ in a previous video and has so far answered questions only the real Othais could answer.
>>
File: Othias literally shitposting.png (718KB, 1252x772px) Image search: [Google]
Othias literally shitposting.png
718KB, 1252x772px
>>32214157
He posts here and occasionally namefags when the time is right for that
>>
>>32214157
The latter. He's posted proof before.
>>
File: 1468285900471.png (109KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1468285900471.png
109KB, 500x272px
>>32214060
>>32214007
Broski.
Dats mean.

May is cute.
>>
>>32214179
>>32214182
>>32214184
Well shit.

I figured the pic of him on the can was just from facebook or something. I assumed he'd at least heard of us, but usually people that attach their face and name to something want to distance themselves from 4chan as much as possible.

Also Othias if Mae has a single identical sister pls introduce me to her.
>>
>>32212518
I don't think a toilet selfie could be any more appropriate for 4chan. It's the physical embodiment of shitposting
>>
>>32212278
Find a new custom t-shirt supplier.

t. guy who bought a shirt but doesn't wear it because it's just not comfortable.

Thin, scratchy cotton that came a size too small and shrunk a size smaller.
>>
>>32214229
He really, really doesn't give a shit about that. He purposely keeps certain shitposts in comments on Youtube, even after they get flagged.
>>
>>32212278

Is Mae a freak in the sack?
>>
>>32213891
Man, that is some insane weight-loss, good on you. I kind of wish the blackpowder Era lasted for a couple more years, would have been some nutty stuff tried making an automatic system around that.
>>
>>32213539

>watching video on in range
>guest made a rifle in .300 blackout
>karl says it's 8mm kurz
>guest laughs it off
>karl gets all serious about. 300 aac blackout being the same as 8mm kurz
>won't shut up about 8mm kurz

That being said id like to see in range do a comparison between .300 blackout and 8mm kurz
>>
>>32214126

Weirdly, of all the "superficial" criticism I get that. I can hear what people are talking about but short of a vocal coach or maybe some sort of nasal surgery I'm not sure how to change it.

The comments I like least is the Mae-hate. Sometimes it is about her shooting or general conversation skills. The latter is fair as this show has been something she wanted to tackle for her own self-improvement on communication. So naturally she's not a great speaker and is working towards being a better one. Criticism is fair in that regard as long as it isn't intentionally unkind.

The comments on her looks irk me but not because I'd say "nuh uh she's hot" or whatever white knight bullshit. It's because we really don't try to sexualize her role. We let the hair stay pretty messy/natural, we pull from her usual closet, and we've only done one "nice" set of photos with the T-gewehr where she wore a dress....which is what she wanted but I still have some mixed feelings about because I fear (stupidly) it approaches that "look at me I'm a girl" thing.

Lots of people bank girl shooters on being girls and that cheapens their contribution and experience. Mae is a tomboy weirdo who likes shooting and is willing to be the non-autistic voice in the show, her size is better, and it frees me to run the cameras and microphones on range. I don't give a shit if you find her ugly or hot or whatever because that's not the point. I don't care if you think I'm hot either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYtEdYyHxmY
>>
>>32214261

Email order details? I'm legit curious.

>>32214293

Mae is the creepiest woman I've ever met.
>>
>>32214345

>black powder
>dgi

Jesus Christ that would be so dirty jfc desu senpai
>>
>>32212278

You're the man. I really enjoy your videos, but I watch them seldomly.

Ever done a collaboration with forgotten weapons? It would be neat seeing you and ian nerd out over some guns.
>>
>>32214392
Thats an awesome way to put it. She gets to take part, but shes there to add to the show not distract or take center stage.
>>
>>32213539
I wouldn't call him abrasive so much as I'd say he's just overly blunt.

I agree he's not doing it to be a dick though.
>>
>>32214422
>Email order details? I'm legit curious.

I've already e-mailed you about it once; didn't ship on time apparently, or the tracking number was bugged or something. It's here now. I like the design; just not the shirt it's printed on.

Dith***@yahoo.com guy.

Pic of shirt laid on top of my everyday t-shirts incoming.
>>
>>32214392

Hey Othais, big fan of the show. Do you ever plan on doing a WW2 Primer series? Thanks
>>
File: SPIW.png (254KB, 688x514px) Image search: [Google]
SPIW.png
254KB, 688x514px
>>32214422

Do you need a Russian collaborator?
Thanks for all your work. Love the video on the Lebel and P14/M1917 the best.

Id say sorry for the shit youre getting but this is /k/ so yeah
>>
>>32214427
I'm thinking more something like a really complicated and heavy delayed recoil like a miniaturized maxim.

Something like the Peterson might have even popped up if they fixed out fluted chambers
>>
File: WP_20161204_001.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161204_001.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>32214422
>>32214483
Size medium, laid over top of a Duluth Trading Co. trim-fit, size medium. The sleeves are waaay too short, and the so is the tail, although not as drastically as the pic suggests; Duluth makes their shirts with an extra 3" on the tail length.

I'm 6'2", 170lbs.
>>
>>32214561
>Gildan

That's why it's shit.
>>
>>32214561
Worst part is: for once the chest size is actually correct for me. Usually I find that mass-produced t-shirts are made for fat people. Not so here! This one's just made for manlets, is all.

If I'd gone a size up I suspect the sleeve and tail length would be fine, but the chest size would be way too big,
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (22KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
22KB, 367x332px
>>32214597

I like Gildan
>>
>>32214616
Well your opinion is wrong then. Sorry senpai.
>>
>>32214471
Yeah he's just an autist like us.
>>
>>32214599
Resident manlet here. C&Rsenal shirts fit great, better than my Forgotten Weapons polo.
>>
>>32214650
>better than my Forgotten Weapons polo.
Where do you buy those?
>>
>>32214650
What size did you buy?

How tall be ye?
>>
File: shirts.jpg (34KB, 544x968px) Image search: [Google]
shirts.jpg
34KB, 544x968px
>>32214663
There were only 100 of them, IIRC, for his campaign for getting actually good cameras.

>>32214666
Size small, 5'8 145ish pounds
>>
>>32214724
>tfw too poor to donate to favorite youtubers
>>
>>32214759
Joke's on you, I'm unemployed with only a few hundred dollars left to my name and I bought Othias' shirt AND a complete set of posters.
>>
>>32214814
Yeah, you're better off than me. I bought the college meme and I'm living on $75 a week with about $60k in debt.
>>
>>32214845
Already did the college thing. Going back next semester because someone fucked up and I'm exactly one credit hour short of graduating, despite doing the whole ceremony thing last May.

Fishing for a job now. Hopefully getting one by the start of next year.
>>
>>32214392
>The comments I like least is the Mae-hate. Sometimes it is about her shooting or general conversation skills.
I just wish she wouldn't take the rifle off of her shoulder to chamber the next round, as in how they were meant to be shot. It irks me when I see that.
>>
>>32214944
But literally everyone does that.

Unless you're using a cheek riser you run the risk of hitting yourself in the eye.
>>
>>32214974
No, it won't. The bolt ends just in front of your eye. You're supposed to keep the rifle on your shoulder so your sights are left on target.
>>
File: 1478478164581.jpg (11KB, 335x331px) Image search: [Google]
1478478164581.jpg
11KB, 335x331px
>>32214616
I worked a little with screen printing and it's just the basic bitch cheap shirt printed on. I really learned to hate them there because I actually got some. You should look into getting a shirt that doesn't cost less than a dollar to make.
>>
>>32214944
I can understand for some sticker rifles, but for the most part I agree.
>>
>>32214845
Drop out and pay the debt off. You can make it on 7 bucks an hour.
Source: Currently working at a coffee shop full time and teaching myself engineering. I'll die trying to be the next JMB.
>>
>>32215105
You won't, get a degree in something useful because I can grunted you even successful inventors that try the path you are trying go bankrupt and fail several times.
>>
>>32214511
>Id say sorry for the shit youre getting but this is /k/ so yeah

If I wore it on my sleeve I'd just stay off the internet. My natural self-loathing puts the haters to shame.

>>32214561
Go ahead and pop me a fresh email so it is in my inbox in the morning. I'll copy over the body and image and pass it to the printer.

I know we had some options on what shirts we used, I'll see what I can do. If we're stuck I can get you a refund and maybe have a C&Rsenal belly button ring made to match for you.

>>32214724
Dope shirt collection.

>>32214759
s'ok, the cash makes the show run but the show isn't made for the cash.

>>32214814
wtf, don't waste money on my shit

>>32214944
That is because of several issues on range:
1. Safety wise we need to inspect between rounds sadly because this shit fucks up like you would not believe sometimes.

2. We film a LOT in one day and it's less fatigue on certain stiff actions.

3. It lets us get a clean shot of the action/safety operation.

That's all on me not her.
>>
>>32215164
>pop me a fresh email

Can do.

Just bear in mind that forwarding e-mails fucks up the original format.

>C&Rsenal belly button ring

Make it a Prince Albert and you've got a deal.
>>
>>32215164
>wtf, don't waste money on my shit

I really wanted those posters.
>>
>>32215031
That's not how they shot back then. Mae is not only acting naturally (she's not in fucking combat) she's shooting the way most soldiers were trained to shoot 100 years ago.
>>
>>32213891
>What's Plague of Gripes
A animation/drawing channel. Also he's a weeb, and a drawfag on /co/. You might like him.
>>
>>32215265
>mad minute
>>
>>32215363
>le pulling the trigger with your middle finger meme

Lindy pls go
>>
>>32215164
Othais, I have a question concerning your last video on the M95. I have a long rifle as well, did you guy fire-form your 8x50mmR brass or buy it? I noticed Mae sort of jerking the bolt in the video while shooting did your also get a fair bit stiffer to open after firing a live round?
>>
File: DSC07170_zpsceyerosd.jpg (238KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07170_zpsceyerosd.jpg
238KB, 800x531px
>>32215164
Love your videos dude, I personally find your ability to contextualize the adoption of features/rifles as incredibly interesting. You, Ian and Pat Macnamara are my 3 favorite gun personalities easy.

If you guys ever run some patches or someshit I'd grab a handful btw.
>>
Love the videos, love what you are doing, keep doing it! I love the detailed history behind each gun, much better than "IT SHOOT GUD, 4/5" or "Mall cop reviews another AR-15."
>>
File: 1480808163664.png (363KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1480808163664.png
363KB, 605x558px
>Was about to buy Othais's "catch up" poster bundle
>tfw $82 CAN w/ shipping

Should I still do it /k/?
>>
>>32215609

Jay handles our loading, I need to get him an email or something setup. He's kinda private though.

I believe he used Graf 8x56 trimmed to fit.
I did not notice the rifles get stiffer but have with my re-worked 8x56.

>>32215703
Now see, I have met Pat Macnamara. He uses the same facility as me on occasion, as does Larry Vickers but we haven't crossed paths yet.

Our printer for posters is trying to sell us on embroidery. I'm going to experiment. The rubber sort would feel wrong.

>>32215848
So shorten them to 10 minutes?

>>32215966
nah, there will be a catch up option next year and maybe the exchange rate will be better?
>>
>>32216499
>So shorten them to 10 minutes?
Just speed it up in editing so that is becomes 10 minutes.
>>
File: 1435278279495.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1435278279495.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32216499
Oh snap! You met Pat, fucking spill the beans is he cool? Gossip motherfucker, do you speak it?

The raised rubber ones are popular around here because primarily of the clarity of the design, sometimes that stitchwork gets kind of blurry. I'd rock whatever you dudes wanna make though.
>>
>>32216499
To this day I refuse that is Jay's real voice, so for reloading the 10.5 Glisenti did he use trailboss or a smokeless and a cotton filler like the originals?
>>
>>32216499
Mine is in 8x56r, a Bulgarian conversion that was not cut down. I was moderately curious as when I reload my 8x65R to 8x50r velocities it seems to run a bit smoother.

Maybe you can make a reloading special episode then? So that Jay wont have to deal with us internet weirdos lol.
>>
>>32216555
He had no idea who I was, this was early in the project. I was filming some blips from his class to help out the range with promotion.

There was this one female student who showed up by herself on Saturday. I'm pretty sure they boned because Sunday she showed back up all warm and fuzzy at him and he was cold as ice.

>>32216599
Oh it so is. Also hell if I know. I keep trying to get him to do some video work on this stuff or share the details and he's all shy about it. We're helping set up a gunsmithing channel in the next few months and I'm hoping that will put him in the mindset.
>>
>>32216646
You really need to have Jay dub over everything Mae says for an episode. And get Winchester in on the question of taking the guns into battle.
>>
>>32203124
> asks for opinion
> gets an opinion
> invokes the Dude because dislikes said opinion
>>
>>32216646
He sounds so sunny, it was like getting sweet tea poured into my ears. He shouldn't be so shy.
>>
>>32214422
>Mae is the creepiest woman I've ever met.
I am suddenly feeling intense curiosity.
>>
I like the first half of each episode, especially the intro violins.

Othias talks about the history of each gun, some interesting features, etc. Most of this stuff I already knew, but some of it is interesting. I kind of stopped watching a while ago though because there was a lot of obscuring small caliber pistol posting which felt very non-differentiated, especially when you binge watch. It would have been better to have a rifle, then a pistol, then another rifle from another country, etc.

Though, I don't like May very much or the second half of the episode. Shooting is cool, but to me it feels a little like shes being shoehorned in and given a role, even though shes not really too interested but wanted to be involved or something. The videos of her shooting, all her remarks that are pre-recorded and played over the shooting footage just feel really really cringey or eye-roll worthy, and then the part after with the "would you take this into battle?," while being an interesting and good concept, seems to always boil down to "well i liked it before, so yes" or "i didnt like this one thing about it before, so im going to call it out again and say no," and as shes an amateur sport shooter and not an infantryman, and she seems to have a very cursory background, I dont really take her opinion with much cred. At least I think its that, it could just be that I don't feel like she knows very much or is interested.

Kind of like my girlfriend, she insists shes into guns and wants to be invited to the range, but once it comes time to spend the money to buy a gun or ammo to go, she loses interest, and doesn't really show much of an inclination to learn or spend money, unless you call her out on it or people talk about guns and she wants to chime in as "in with it" or something. Like a girl gamer, actually. Maybe I'm reading too much, but I feel like May is kind of like that with Othias, she doesn't care where shes going, shes in for the ride.
>>
>>32217110

Comment lengths on 4chan are way too short these days and I feel like whining more.

I really like the animations, theyre really cool. Sometimes I wish you spent more time covering exactly how things work and why, like the forward thingamabob on mannlicher/ross trigger groups. This, to me, is one of the bigger differentiating things of your channel, other than feeling pre-written, unlike most youtube gun guys who say a lot of "uhh"s and "umm"s and dont really cover anything they didnt remember off the top of their head.

10/10 on the history, 10/10 on line drawings and animations, 10/10 on features and stuff. Oh, 10/10 for the disassembly pics too, those are cool.

I'm thinking one thing to do is actually have may run the rifle like a war. she shoos casual standing, while im remembering alex at tfb doing "run and gun" type shit, which would lead to a better impression of a fighting rifle than static position shooting, especially if it was paired with stuff like shooting around corners and going prone. an infantryman of the era, from my understanding (othias you know better than i do) would spend a lot of their time hitting the dirt, shooting, getting up, running a few paces, repeat. that would give a much better idea of fighting weapons than range bullshit, but i guess its understandable if you cant do that.

The other thing too, you seem to have a PRETTY GOOD collection, I'd be curious to see a whole collection pic.

Id say in terms of enjoyment of gun channels, for me its like:
1. Forgotten weapons (especially karl vs ian ispa)
2. TFB (for their porn tier beauty shots and brevity)
3. Othias
<gap>
4. jerry miculek (its just pewpewpew but i really like his personality)
5. phuc long
<gap>
6. hickok45, who used to be bomb but now sucks because his autist son has been trying to cash in the limelight an also THIS EPISODE OF HICKOK BROUGHT TO YOU BY BUDS GUN SHOP AND FEDERAL AMMUNITION spammed 5-6 times per episode
<big gap>
7. anyone else
9001. nutnfancy
>>
File: risingsun.jpg (40KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
risingsun.jpg
40KB, 250x187px
>>32217226
Something else, but like I really dont like how May gets a lot of shit/hentais for being a girl. I dunno, I like to think my opinions of her would be the same if she was a guy, but I always feel bad whenever i read the comments of c&rsenal and all of them are thirsty guys or guys who cant fathom a girl holding a gun or have to be machomen or something. I kind of wish more girls got into guns and shit and the range wasn't a huge 60yo sausagefest, so when I see shit like this, I just kinda feel like it pushes her/other girls out of the gat community, which is a shame but yeah.

Anyway, gonna watch some more eps of c&rsenal.
>>
>>32217246
This.

It's not like I'm offended by it, it's just stupid. Either you're trolling at, like, an 8th grade level, or you're just some thirsty sperg. Either way you look like an idiot.
>>
>>32217226
>Alex from tfb
No. You want a general look about how a firearm functions and fires, what you are proposing is Call of Duty faggotry.
>>
>>32214561
>Duluth Trading Co

Isn't their whole gimmic being oversized?

Hence all of the men in their commercials being fat?
>>
>We are going to do the 1889 family, 1893 family, and 1898 export family as separate episodes
Good, good. A question that's been pretty much impossible for me to answer though is how many Mauser 98 derived firearms have been made. Somebody a while ago said there's more Mausers than AK's around the world and I initially brushed it of, later realizing that if you count the m1903/m1917, P14, Arisaka variants, interwar 98's made in other countries, and all of the 98 derived bolt actions made for civilians over the years the number is staggering. If the Mauser family doesn't beat the AK family it comes damn close, I just wish I had a number to put on it.

It may be somewhat beyond the scope of your channel currently, but could you put a little blurb at the end of your Export 98 video showing how close a Model 70/M77/Kimber 84 is to it? I think that would really drive home how little the design has strayed, it's still being built and used, etc.
>>
File: 1451073253365.jpg (253KB, 1000x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1451073253365.jpg
253KB, 1000x1387px
>>32217246
> I kind of wish more girls got into guns and shit and the range wasn't a huge 60yo sausagefest
I can sympathize, pretty much every car meet I go to is a sausagefest, minus the 60yo men.

On the flipside there's plenty of girls who do it for the attention, but it's easy enough to tell them apart from the genuine enthusiasts.

Nearly all the women I've met in the auto industry are wives/girlfriends of car guys, and the ones that were into it from the start are all pretty tomboy-ish, it'd be nice to see more of them at least.

>Pic unrelated, unless Othias is still lurking
>>
File: advanced retardation.gif (92KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
advanced retardation.gif
92KB, 500x281px
>>32217332
>those mag designs
>>
File: you see ivan.jpg (12KB, 224x116px) Image search: [Google]
you see ivan.jpg
12KB, 224x116px
>>32217342
>>
>>32217278
Pretty much, but it seems to make the community at large look like idiots, not just you. Gun community is kind of known for being idiots anyway, so its not good to prove the stereotypes.

>>32217299
No, you're absolutely right, what Alex does is cawadooty shit. I'm just saying, it makes me think there's better ways to demo the combat potential of a rifle than just chickenwinging standing.
>>
>>32217410
Yeah, we've been hamstringing our outreach potential for years by not policing our bad actors.
>>
File: 129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg (18KB, 343x450px) Image search: [Google]
129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg
18KB, 343x450px
>>32217226
>TFB
Thank god Alex quit
>>
>>32217445
Fuck that smug little trust fund shit.
>>
>>32217342
4, 3, and 12 are the only ones that don't involve magical defiance of how springs and phsyics work
>>
>>32217410
To competently do it you need to dig a trench and have at least a dozen people supporting you unless you are going to be doing shit like shock troops. The gun is a gun and the tactics are the tactics, related but without showing what the effects of artillery are, how they would cut the barbed wire, use tanks for support, use covering fire, machine gun fields, ect ect you are doing the same shit Alex did.

The closest thing you want is British Muzzleloaders and he spends God knows how long in the Canadian mountains by himself and edits it to demonstrate what a squad might look like.
>>
>>32212278
timestamp faget
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 244x206px
>>32212278
Hey man, just posting to say keep doing what you're doing and I love your videos.
>>
>>32214179
Which vid? I don't remember that.
>>
>>32212951
Lel
>>
>>32214392
>Weirdly, of all the "superficial" criticism I get that. I can hear what people are talking about but short of a vocal coach or maybe some sort of nasal surgery I'm not sure how to change it.
Personally, I just watch the vids at x1.5 speed. Saves time and makes it easier to listen.
>>
>>32218222
Funny thing is that he is one of the few you tubers I'd actually hook up to my TV and watch at normal speed. Different strokes and all that.
>>
>>32218246
I also tend to watch lectures on x2
I have a very hard time listening to slow talkers. Just my personal autism.
>>
>>32218280
I have the same problem , got to the point I have a hard time watching movies at normal speeds. Othais has a good voice for information dense lectures though.
>>
Can't wait for a video on a Steyr-Hahn.
>>
>>32217110
This is also how I see Mae. The only difference is I do think that Mae genuinely wants to be involved, shes just a bit awkward. I know you've said before she was brought up in a Children speak when spoken too household and I get that, but I also feel when she shoots she does so very uncomfortably. Like her movements are very stiff and shes paying way too much attention to the fact shes being recorded. Which is why I understand she may come off as not actually interested in it.

I do want to say though, I hate criticizing her, because I feel like you can take criticism all day and see its constructiveness but when someone says someone negative about your spouse even with good intentions it still hurts to hear. And I reeeaallllyy don't mean to be insulting Othais, I'm very sorry if I am, I do appreciate how nice and casually friendly of a guy you are
>>
>>32215363
more like mae'd minute
>>
>>32216646
Love the show Othais, please keep up the great work.
>>
>>32218380
Carlos I swear to fucking god
>>
>>32218380
Go back to Mexico
>>
>>32203078
I have a .32 fetish, so it makes me feel warm inside. I dunno why everyone gets so excited over Mae though, she's pretty average.
>>
>>32219087
>I dunno why everyone gets so excited over Mae though
/k/ is so thirsty that they openly talk about fucking boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9WClv4U5B8
>>
File: zabootywarrior.jpg (35KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
zabootywarrior.jpg
35KB, 500x270px
>>32219104
>This guy's parole started in September
>He's out and on the prowl for booty at this very instant
>>
>>32217342
isn't 4 just a surefire
>>
>>32217457
both 8 and 9 would work (both are belt feds), 1 probably if was smaller
>>
>>32214597

This t/bh
>>
>>32217469
This, sorta.

I have considered more action on the gun but it invites a series of additional complaints where people will especially criticise Mae instead of the gun. It would also double ammo expense and production time on the range. Not that I won't do it, but it could easily add $100+ to an episode and several hours work for something that seems so small. Especially when there are multiple guns.

>>32218222
legit strategy.

>>32218321
The gun was filmed ages ago but is in line behind the 1905 for obvious reasons.

>>32218354

This is getting closer. I have literally never met someone with a personality roughly equivalent to Mae. It is a weird blend of 16 year old boy, hyper-excitable bubbly, and with ano undercurrent after taste of dead inside. The last one has a lot to do with her childhood and it's why she sorta peaks excitement in bursts and then automatically and defensively reigns it in.

She does, however, love the guns and can still name the ones we have done for episodes, she has memorized all the hyper rares we are watching for at gun shows, plus dozens of others. I know she doesn't have the same encyclopedia that I do but her knowledge is beyond the passing casual.

She also has put in $3,000 of her own money so far this year, which we are paying her back for out of posters.
>>
Oh, and credit where due:
She and Suzie both have learned photoshop enough to help with image prep. Mae is also learning the editing software for different project and even did time-consumer portions of the old animations when we were rushed.

She took over indoor filming and knows the lights and camera settingso by heart. Outdoors, despite being the subject again she knows all the setup and setting so we can get started faster.
>>
I like how even though he has the right to use a trip if anyone does, Othais isn't that much of a faggot. Take note, Phil and the rest of the /arg/ crew.
>>
>>32220180
You're a moron
>>
>>32220238
Slow your roll there Phil
>>
>>32203078
He looks like a younger, less cucked Lindybeige in that picture.
>>
>>32203078
Those dollar store earmuffs really don't do anything
>>
So how's Winchester the pig doing?
>>
>>32220256
Phil annoys the shit out of me too, but the implication that using a trip when it's appropriate to do so makes someone a faggot is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>32220301
t. a tripfag probably
>>
>>32220116
What do you lube with?

Not that it really matters, I'm just curious.
>>
>>32220282
what?

>>32220293
I think fine? I have never pigged before. He knows his name and comes when called, uses the yard without a leash, and is housebroken plus litter box trained all from scratch in about a week...he is 4 months old. Crazy trainable.

Mae got him fixed so he would stop humping the air and jizzing everywhere, plus no tusks now. He has a weird sore on his upper nose now though so back to the vet tomorrow.
>>
I'm going to ask this incase Othais is still lurking.

Do you own any machine guns? Like the Lewis gun you reviewed or the Maxim you were walking fire with? Or are those donor guns lended for the show?

Also, when is that Maxim/Vickers video coming out?
>>
TFB a shit, best firearms channels in no particular order

1.Hickock45
2.Forgottonweapons
3.C & R Arsenal
4.Demolition Ranch
5. INRangetv
>>
>>32220313
Because there is no situation where being impersonated might be a bad thing.
>>
>>32220340
Having the occasional and very situational need to distinguish yourself from an imposter doesn't justify attention-whoring 24/7. Just post a timestamp if you need to verify yourself.
>>
>>32220315
I lazily buy what is available and doesn't smell like candy.

>>32220323
Hell no I am poor.

We filmed an 08/15 with an MG.08 promised to us the next month so we could start the maxims. It fell through and now we are stalled.

Sourcing MGs locally has been hard, so the bulk of this year'so posters are going into a new transmission for the Suburban plus some tires, general electrical fixes etc. Because we are going to start hitting the MG events to lure out volunteers.
>>
>>32220320
>Mae got him fixed so he would stop humping the air and jizzing everywhere
Fucking hell that must have been unpleasant to put it mildly.

Is he an actual pot belly or "micro" pig.
Cause if he isn't then you might have abit of a problem on your hands.
>>
>>32220372
Othias wouldn't be a faggot for tripping when talking about things related to his channel. If he came in and posted a timestamped picture, it would do nothing to stop someone coming into the thread and putting "Othias" into the name field and impersonating him.
>>
>>32220383
What state are you located in? if i may ask?
>>
>>32220383
Are you going to use the same strategy to get SMGs and Automatic rifles too? Though I can assume it'd be even harder to get a WWI vintage SMG since they're pretty rare.
>>
>>32220419
South Carolina I think.
>>
>>32218380
WALL
>>
>>32220411

Miniature Pot Belly, but we're going to assume up to 200lbs the way Mae feeds him.

No one is expecting this to be a small animal.
>>
>>32220978
So when's the pig pickin'?
>>
>>32212390
>Hi, I'm Othias and *THIS* is shit posting
>>
>>32220116
Fuck the haters. I enjoy Mae's shooting parts. She always looks like she's having a lot of fun shooting the guns, and it and her thoughts serve as a little break and a means of wrapping the whole episode up.

Her criticisms and thoughts have gotten better as the series has continued as well. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode.
>>
>>32220383
Have you considered making separate campagins to fund things like transportation repairs? Having a solid goal might help things move a little faster.

>>32221035
>heard the little grunt he makes when lifting something heavy
Goddammit...
>>
>>32220116
>with ano undercurrent after taste of dead inside

Your descriptions of Mae never disappoint me

9/10 I hope she learns that we like when shes enthusiastic
>>
>>32221627
not going to lie, I keep every fund raiser in an ambiguous pool because I fear IGG or PayPal cracking down.

Obviously I have to buy ammo, parts, and sometimes pieces but if I air that broadly I am susceptible to TOS BS, despite the fact it is all for education.

Better to emphasize travel, maintenance, equipment.
>>
>>32214392
How did you meet?
>>
>>32218380
you have to go back
>>
>>32203078
I think his channel is pretty good. I'm looking forward to when they switch gears towards WWII though and beyond.

I can see him now sitting in front of the camera holding an MP 40 and talking about it.
>>
>>32222657
that sounds awesome, they should do every conflict from like 1650-presents weapons, hell i wouldn't mind them talking about the early m16 and m14 and all that shit, its good info
>>
>>32222657
>I'm looking forward to when they switch gears towards WWII though and beyond.
I'm looking forward and dreading it at the same time because I offered to loan him some guns for that.
>>
>>32217445
Alex C. is a fucking bitch who got all his money from his rich daddy. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1444714528616.jpg (92KB, 600x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1444714528616.jpg
92KB, 600x1034px
>>32203078
>Watch mostly for the backstory portions.
>Usually peace out after that.
>Feel bad because it looks like I am bullying Mae.
>>
>>32220993
We're going to one on Saturday.

>>32222441
College

>>32222796
gimme

>>32223307
I literally don't care if people find her part boring. We try to put in enough that everyone has something is all.

Bonus: here is Mae saying "Sperm Burping Cum Dumster" while on a show with Bill Frady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJNt08PT4E&t=1h22m15s
>>
>>32223725
Don't listen to them, They're just being jealous assholes for the sake of it.
The Show is perfect as it is and everybody enjoys you and mae.
>>
>>32223725
Being another fag and saying you have a great show and keep up the work. My tidbit in this all is that I would like to see more rifles and other sorts of firearms. Too many pistols for my tastes but always cool to see history
>>
>>32223725
I agree I think its quite clever to have Mae shoot the guns, as its easy to forget how short people were 100 years ago. I think if she sticks with it the stage mannerisms will come naturally over time, I don't think you guys should worry about it at all. Just focus on keeping good content flowing!
>>
>>32223760
othais is stupid and his show is stupid and mae can't shoot and othais still owes me a box of sticky hands
>>
>>32223793
I wish they would do more of the shots like in the initial episodes showing Mae alongside the rifle so you get a sense of how big it is compared to her.

[nospoilers]Also because I think she's cute and she should get to show off her feet more[/nospoilers]
>>
>>32223836
I do.

The rest of you are creeping me out, who goes on /k/ to find a thread about themselves only for it to turn into "you lost weight bro" and "keep doing what you do" and shit?

Downright friendly in here today, seems wrong.
>>
>>32223808
This. People forget how new a channel C&Rsenal is because they have the production value of a much older channel. Give her some time, she's already getting into the swing of things and it can only get better from here.
>>
>>32223917
it's just not in my nature to act mean to people i like.
Do you want to hear a sad story?
>>
File: 1475509891873.jpg (78KB, 530x646px) Image search: [Google]
1475509891873.jpg
78KB, 530x646px
>>32223917
ur a faget

But seriously, keep up the good work.
>>
I wish othais would do an episode on my 1909 argentine mauser so that he and mae could shoot it....
>>
>>32224466
Is it sweet?
>>
>>32223917
You'll know we actually start to hate you when anons start namefagging as you.
>>
File: MyMondayAfternoon.jpg (68KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
MyMondayAfternoon.jpg
68KB, 650x650px
>>32224984
This
>>
>>32224957
I think so. it still has significant fire bluing from when it was made. Also its made by dwm.
>>
File: IMG_7581l.jpg (605KB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7581l.jpg
605KB, 2304x3072px
>>32208631
I am the 'DrakeGmbH' in the credits.

>>32204857
50% lack of time, 50% lack of motivation. I used to post ammo history threads here and on /r/guns from time to time. They were far better received over there, though. They tend to drop to the tenth page and disappear within a few hours. Heck of a lot of work goes into those so I'm still looking for a more suitable venue.
>>
>>32225087
ok
>>
>>32225087
i touch myself while watching my little pony
>>
>>32225087
>>32225211
>>32225331
kek
>>
>>32225200
>they were far better received over there, though
I-I'm sorry I can't upvote on 4chan but I enjoyed lurking your threads, just don't have anything to add without looking like a jackass.
>>
>>32225200
Just write up a piece and put it on a prominent website or someone else's
>>
>>32226936
TFB will take pretty much anything
>>
>>32228167
But then he'll have to write for TFB.
>>
>>32223917
Most of /k/ likes good content creators, people like Alex or nutinfancy they'd troll the fuck out of because they're ass hats who do a quick wiki search and then spends the rest of the time spouting their mostly unfounded opinions on camera with nonexistant edits and running around like a dumbasses.

You're knowlegeable, know how to get to and make a point and when you opine on something make it clear you are giving your opinion. These qualities are rare oddly enough with so much information avaliable but really refreshing to see.
>>
>>32225200
>There's actually a round called '1000 Yard Danger Space'
That's pretty metal.
>>
Hey Othais, any suggestions for where to get bodeo ammo. Looking for a box to see how the old girl shoots. Yes I had a gunsmith make sure it was safe to shoot first.
>>
>>32228861
Outside of collectors you probably won't find anymore ammo, even fiocchi stopped making it.

Only way is to wildcat it yourself http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=86839

Dunno where to find a mold outside of custom but some guy casts and sells the right size bullets.
>>
>>32228945
On gunbroker I meant http://www.gunbroker.com/item/603457980

Though custom molds aren't much cash . You might be able to modify a Lee .40 S&W/10mm by carefully reaming it.
>>
Good on Mae for getting behind that wall gun, that took some serious balls.
>>
>>32228772
Thanks, I try not to be an asshat.

>>32228861
Dies and reworked from .44 Russian cases

>>32229600
Mae has no fear.
>>
>>32231327
Do you want to hear my sad story?
>>
you fat annoying hipster douchefuck. try to get your autism in check. your videos are unwatchable.
>>
Damnit Othais, where's my episode?

>>32231395
1/10 try harder next time
>>
>>32231395

Thank you

>>32231436

So we have our animator and a rando dude from the Netherlands staying with us for a week. We have a live-shoot portion of a Citadel small arms history class tomorrow and we've been scrambling all the contacts we have.

This has resulted in an MG/08, MP40, and BAR1918A2. But then we had to find ammo, etc.

So that plus episode release plus getting the house that is mid remodel ready for guests... I sorta forgot to punch the upload button at 3am.

Fixing it now.
>>
>>32231489
Do you still plan to do an episode on the Kar. 88 and the Gew. 91?
>>
>>32231489
>This has resulted in an MG/08, MP40, and BAR1918A2.
Well that makes up for it. Carry on good sir!
>>
File: 1466738398080.jpg (240KB, 685x568px) Image search: [Google]
1466738398080.jpg
240KB, 685x568px
>>32223917
>Downright friendly in here today, seems wrong.
that could be a banner
>>
File: 1475511344496.jpg (13KB, 163x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475511344496.jpg
13KB, 163x240px
>>32225200
>I used to post ammo history threads here
Is there any collected archive of them? I'd love to read them in an organized fashion.
>>
>>32231361
I do
>>
>>32231521

We have recently partnered with an amazing gunsmith so actually we're taking in damaged guns as well and restoring them as repayment for the loan. One of these will be the Kar 88.

We've also convinced him to setup a corner of his shop and we'll be gearing him up for his own video series showing some of these restorations.
>>
*Gew 91, not Kar 88.
>>
>>32231606
I'm getting a Carcano for Christmas.
>>
>>32231627
Is it a santa fe or something?
>>
>>32231627
what's so sad about that?
>>
File: akm1.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
akm1.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>32231650
It's Deactivated.
All the Guns I own are deactivated and the WW1 era Carcano will be the same.
>>
>>32231667
see>>32231682
>>
>>32231682
that sucks, you cant even work the action or anything
>>
>>32231682
That poor gun
>>
>>32231719
Yep, but I'll still have a firearm I can never shoot.
>>
>>32231724
They do this to all automatic weapons.
Even Garands and MP40's.
The selling point on this AK was "the trigger still moves".
>>
>>32231770

Butchery!
>>
>>32231682
I could probably fix that with some loctite
>>
>>32231788
They still think that they "aren't deactivated enough" and some want to outright ban them.
We need a License to own a Daisy Red Ryder bb gun.
We also need a licence to buy a realistic Airsoft gun.
>>
>still havent gotten my shirt
>customs must have appropriated it
>or the postman
>get promised another one
>that aint here yet either
>see Othais thread
>wanna complain
>can't post becaused banned for misdemeanor
>europe fucking sucks
>>
>>32231609
Sweet! that sounds so kick-ass I can hardly wait.
>>
>>32231959

Wait which shit? Is this a T-shirt because holy shit Germany is just eating those things for some reason.

Just keep the emails coming to [email protected] and we'll get it sorted somehow.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what to do about shirts next year because there are a couple countries that just seem to black hole them.
>>
>>32232013
Smuggle them over the border and have them be delivered like it's a drug trade
>>
>>32232013
Austria

one of the Gott mit uns shirts

you dont keep tracking numbers, do you?
>>
>>32231609
Nice, can't wait for that. Also,
>rewatching the bodeo video
>you say you don't speak any other language
>Wait but you said here...
>Watching the newest episode
>I run archaic high German through Google translate at 2 in morning
The horror... the horror
>>
>>32232030

We do, but they get iffy at borders. If you email me the order number info I can have the shirt guys track it.

Yeah, it's Germany, Austria, and weirdly Sweden that have been choking. I am starting to suspect this must have to do with the Gott Mit Uns thing but that seems crazy....

Definitely email though because once I clear this week I think we'll try an experiment and I may need some volunteers to receive more "Gott Mit Uns" shirts, some prototype Austro-Hungarian stuff and then a control of some nondescript whatever.
>>
>>32231682
When will God President Trump let us invade Yuropooristan and liberate you poor bastards?
>>
>>32232047
>I am starting to suspect this must have to do with the Gott Mit Uns thing but that seems crazy....
>that seems crazy
>Sweden

M8 I lived there, nothing is too crazy for the Swedes when it comes to anything that could be even tangentially connected to "omg literally hitler". They've actively fucked over their own economy and society purely for the sake of virtue signaling.
>>
>>32232047
i kinda have the notion that the state police confiscates them because of the terrorism theme
you know... guns

it sounds so fucking stupid that it could be true...
>>
>>32232054
Christ I wish.
Would love see the fuckers in control hang from trees.
>>
>>32232093
>Buy hey! Gun Control totally works guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYy71pbJHRg
>>
File: 1393036328233.jpg (87KB, 1024x643px) Image search: [Google]
1393036328233.jpg
87KB, 1024x643px
So I'm watching your latest episode and now I have some more constructive criticism. Bayonets! You fail to show us the bayonets. The accessories are almost as important as the guns themselves!

Also, slings and holsters for handguns would be nice. When Mae talked about how the sling swivel was in the way and made the grip feel awkward reminds me of when I owned a Kar.98k. It felt so great in the hand and to shoot, and then I bought a repro sling and it felt horrible to hold. That horrible German design ruined it with that leather keeper poking out the side of the grip.
>>
Othias, any book recommendations for French arms?
>>
>>32223917
Because we all secretly want to fuck you.
>>
>>32232013
smuggle them over the border like they're Spanish Browning knockoffs.
>>
>>32232324

Yeah, I need to do more work on those but it's a whole other science weirdly. Books rarely cover them and when they do they leave a lot out.
>>32232592

Depends on what you're curious about, look up Eugene Medlin though for some ideas.

Also there is an old general book that is crazy good on overall but lacks details called Armes a Feu de l'Armee Francais something something.
>>32232602

Gross I'm fat.
>>
>>32232653
oh btw Othias I really like the "war were declared" footage. I love how you have a silly light-hearted clip to end each sequence.
>>
File: 1408376561318.jpg (205KB, 1200x955px) Image search: [Google]
1408376561318.jpg
205KB, 1200x955px
>>32232653
You don't really have to show every single variation of bayonets, slings, holsters, etc but the usual ones would work. If you want to show variations that you don't have you could also do the silhouette images you have been using all along for that sort of thing.

When you get into Japanese stuff more, those bayonet variations have actually been documented pretty heavily.

Also, more original pics please.
>>
>He was a fervent patriot of a long lost empire now
>once it fell it took his name with it
I came to learn, not to feel.
>>
I know you shoot in some videos but I think it'd be nice to see you shoot the guns in addition to Mae shooting just to get some size comparisons with different body types.

Anyway I love the show.
>>
>>32203078
I look forward to every episode. Was about to get bored with it from all those .32 videos earlier. Happy they're back to mostly doing rifle videos lately. Really hoping for some videos on American, Canadian and British side arms of WWI in the near future. (Especially I'm hoping for a S&W Triple Lock video)
>>
>>32234693
I feel like I was the only one that loved the .32 blowback videos
>>
>>32234726
I like them too anon
>>
>>32234726
Oh I liked them well enough, it was just that there were so many in a row.
>>
>>32232775

See that's where I fucked up, because it is pretty hard to find those per army. I'll probably cheat them into being any funny footage later.

>>32234693

We will be breaking the 1917 revolvers up.
Colt 1909 -> New Service -> 1917
S&W Triple -> Mk II -> 1917

>>32234726

We borrowed some and that was when we were doing a LOT of expanding/reworking to get the show under control. The easier handling, ammo, and research gave us some time to work. Plus a pile were on loan and we worked through them as a batch, foolishly.

Lesson learned, but plenty of people are still laughing about .32s
>>
>>32214371
Looking at the case dimensions of 8mm kurz and .300 AAC they are completely different. There's no way you could chamber one in the other safely.
>>
>>32234814
I guess, always loved the stamped out by the thousand blowbacks. Really feel the industrialization of war seeing a relatively rough but functional gun like that. Really want a Ruby now.

>>32234880
My only criticism is that it didn't end with you or Mae wearing a brace with all of them ala Boondock Saints and making a final salute to .32
>>
>>32231327
Eh, too much work, want an extra bodeo revolver?
>>
>>32235348
I'm interested anon, and I'm not even shitposting. Forgotten Weapons and C&Rsenal have peaked my interest in old guns, and what I really want to start my collection with WW1 revolvers.
>>
>>32235482
Specifically WW1 mainland Europe revolvers. Something about loading gates and manually ejecting each case gets my dick hard.
>>
>>32235482
I'm pretty sure its been re-blued at one point. If you still want it, I'll consider working something out.
>>
Any timeline on when you're doing the smellys?
>>
>>32214511
Wtf gun is that?
>>
>>32231560
to bad it's up to passcucks to vote
>>
>>32235482
>Forgotten Weapons and C&Rsenal have peaked
It's spelled piqued, you Philistine.
>>
>>32231879
Hey at least you can own airsoft.
Stop your bitching
>>
>>32236172
The whats?
>>
File: a clean burnin hell.gif (423KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a clean burnin hell.gif
423KB, 400x300px
>>32236248
>mfw foreigners and their gun laws
>>
>>32236242
You sound like my wife.

>>32236027
Re-bluing doesnt bother me. I'd give you email, but I dont need an inbox flooded with dicks.
>>
>>32236818
Make a quick outlook account
>>
>>32236818
I won't send you *dicks*
>>
>>32236931
pls send boipussy
>>
>>32236942
I don't have that either. But I do have several folders full of mutilated spiders and diseased horsecocks.
>>
>>32236889
[email protected]

>>32236931
Difference between not needing dicks in my inbox and not wanting them
>>
>>32236251
"smelly" is a nickname for the SMLE rifle
>>
>>32236172
He's told us before.

Not for a while, because he's still trying to track down certain variants and has a shitload more research to do in preparation for the inevitably salty fanboys.

Same for the M1911.
>>
>>32237046
Get done with classes tomorrow. Once I get back home I'll send ya pics as unfortunately I cannot fit my gunsafe in the apartment.
>>
>>32237174
>lgs has SMLE
>every Saturday the same guy in a USMC hat comes in and asks to see "the smelly"

That obnoxious shit drives me up the wall.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.