[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Applying for NFA Tax Stamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 10.5classic3_3[1].jpg (21KB, 800x226px) Image search: [Google]
10.5classic3_3[1].jpg
21KB, 800x226px
How hard is it to apply for a NFA Tax Stamp to purchase SBRs and SBSs. Does the ATF easily give them out if you apply?

All I know there is a one time fee of $200
>>
OK, you need a tax stamp for every SBR or SBS you buy, plus $200 for each one

if you aren't a criminal/illegal alien/nutjob/live in shitty state, youre pretty much guaranteed to be approved

takes several months, but may have been sped up recently
>>
>>32195296
Does that apply to the whole gun? Or only to the upper?
>>
>>32195430
Whole gun, tard. An upper alone isn't an SBR.
>>
>>32195448
Cool cool. Good to know
>>
>>32195430
It goes to the receiver. You can swap uppers but once an SBR it will always be an SBR as far as my understanding of the ATF's bullshit goes.
>>
>>32195296
>youre pretty much guaranteed to be approved
Not true. I just barely made it past the phone screen but failed the drug test. And of course they keep the $200, and i can't try again until next year. Trump pls
>>
>>32195476
>failed the drug test

That's your own damn fault.
Just wait until you get to the penis inspection...
>>
File: putin[1].gif (2MB, 220x155px) Image search: [Google]
putin[1].gif
2MB, 220x155px
>>32195523
>>
>>32195523
Take my kekles.... lol'D

I had to stop at the anal exam. The hand of the gov was just too much for me. Had to tapnpiut like a bitch boo pussi

All jokes aside still need to pick out between the Cz pdw wire stock by manticore arms or the Cz folding stock for my scorpion evo. Got approved!!!!
>>
>>32195225
Just buy a rifle lower and a short barrel upper separately. Chances are good that nobody will ever give you shit about it. If someone hassles you about your gun the. shoot them with it. That is why the second amendment after all. America.
>>
>>32195296
Do I need a tax stamp for every suppressor I buy as well or can I put it on an SBR?
>>
>>32196135
USA! USA!
>>
>>32195225
very
>>
>>32196169
Receivers are the taxed item.
Every suppressor has to have a stamp.
Oh and you can't have spare parts for the suppressors such as assemblies or baffles as that could be considered another suppressor.
>>
>>32195448
>>32195430
Technically wrong. You can register a receiver for an SBR, so if you wanted to you could buy a bunch of serialized lowers and then register those as SBRs then installing the the dimensions to match your form. It's also worth noting you can remove your receivers from the registry.
>>
>>32195296
>may have been sped up recently
Nope quite the opposite. The wait times are currently increasing because of 41f.
Maybe in a few months because of trumps victory that will change but for now the wait is in the 8-9 month range and pretend 41f was in the 5-6 month range.
>>
>>32195225
When I bought my silencer. The LGS did most of the paperwork. They even did the fingerprints and passport photo.
>>
>>32195454
Incorrect.
I'm to lazy to cite but you can convert it from the NFA configuration back to a regular rifle/pistol/shotgun or whatever and then back to NFA.
Example: Jimmy has an SBR Ar15 and lives in Utah. His buddy in Nevada wants to go shooting with him in Nevada. Jimmy didn't ask the ATF to travel with his SBR to Nevada this year so instead he can put on a rifle upper so that it no longer meets NFA criteria and go to Nevada. Then once home he can put on his regular SBR upper.

Also you can write the ATF to be removed from the registry if you destroy the item. You can write the ATF and have your NFA item removed from the list if you want to permanently return it to a non NFA configuration. It can be made into a NFA item if you buy another stamp.
>>
How do you all forget you're waiting on a tax stamp so it doesn't drive you crazy? I'm two months in and can't keep jerking off 4 hours a day
>>
>>32195476
Drug test? Lol. You're making that up, right? In a nut shell it's easy. Just takes time for the atf to process it. If you can pass a background check the atf will cash your check and mail it out no questions asked.

The actual problem people can run into is the process before your application and check mail out. You have to have your areas leading le official sign it off. In my case that would be my sheriff. He's very gun friendly. In some people's cases, it has to be signed by a chief of police in a city. In theory those guys can be anti gun and refuse to sign. Stopping your purchase there.
>>
>>32199670
>You have to have your areas leading le official sign it off.
This is now wrong, outdated info.

CLEO sign-off is now CLEO notification.

They don't need to approve anything, you just send them a copy of the form notifying them that you're applying for a tax stamp.
>>
>>32197604
You'd still be risking being prosecuted for travelling across state lines with an NFA item, whether it has a 16"+ barrel on it or not.
>>
Anyone been through the efile process since rule 41nigger? is that still even an option?
>>
How do I fill out all the details on the gun (barrel length, overall length, etc) if I just have a stripped lower, and I haven't purchased any of the other parts yet?
>>
>>32195448
You can register an upper as an SBR
>>
>>32200115
Assuming that is true, who would be so dumb?
>>
If you can successfully file taxes, you can file for a NFA tax stamp.

It's the same annoying crap.
>>
>>32197604
God the NFA is such a pain in the dick
>>
What upper is that?
>>
>>32200115
with what serial number
>>
>>32195225
wait a bit after Trump, things may get unfucked soon
>>
>>32196083
folding stock bro. it is by far the sicker looking of the two
>>
>>32200168
Really this now that the CLEO sign-off is dead and buried.
>>
>>32199848
No shit? Sweet I'll check that out.
>>
>>32199848
THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>32195225
>How hard is it to apply for a NFA Tax Stamp to purchase SBRs and SBSs.
Not hard at all. It requires a modicum of patience.
>>
File: 1436591355327.jpg (49KB, 330x465px) Image search: [Google]
1436591355327.jpg
49KB, 330x465px
why not just buy a lower and throw a SBR upper on it, how would anyone know?
>>
File: dog_exterminator.jpg (15KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
dog_exterminator.jpg
15KB, 300x189px
>>32202893
Doggo murder squads have been dispatched.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.