[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bows VS Guns.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Now before you start typing, know that I am fully aware that guns beat bows in practically everything. This is not a 'which is better?' thread.

Guns are better.

This is a 'just how does a bow match up to a gun' or rephrased, 'how much better is a gun?'.

So, yeah. If you are in a combat situation, and all you have is a bow. Do you got a chance to loot a gun from a fallen enemy or are you basically instantly dead?
>>
>>32195025
Bows have a certain stealth to them I guess. They'll kill the shit out of anything if you've got a good shot.
>>
>>32195308

The only way you're killing anything with a bow with stealth is if you score a headshot, like dead center of the brain.

Otherwise you'll have a guy screaming his lungs out because an arrow got embedded on them. I don't know if you've ever hunted with bows, but its usually a pain in the ass if you dont get the headshot because you'll end up tracking the prey for hours
>>
>>32195346
found the guy who never bowhunted in his life
>>
>>32195346
Sure yeah there's an 80℅ chance of that. But there's a 100℅ chance of everyone in a square mile hearing a gun rapport
>>
>>32195455

.22lr rifle with water bottle suppressor would be infinitely more practical and easier to kill people with. Gotta hit the head, but that's way easier with a gun than a bow.
>>
>>32195346
So have you never bow hunted before or are you just retarded?
>>
>>32195346
Good luck trying to make a sound other than a gurgle with a hole through your lung or heart.
>>
>>32195346
... you know you are supposed to buy broadheads to take down larger game... right?
>>
>>32195483
>>>>Water bottle suppressor
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>32195531

(don't) try it some time. You don't fill a water bottle with steel wool and it doesn't make the .22 a whole fuckload quieter.
>>
>>32195541
>(Not)Encouraging homebrew silencers sounds like the atf (not) having a field day with your chocolate starfish.
>>
>>32195531

yes it will totally explode and be dangerous and make you blind

t. silencer salesman
>>
>>32195568

Pretty sure I'm already on their watchlist in which case they already know I don't have a dog to shoot, so I'm safe.
>>
Hunting arrow heads are fucking terrifying. Honestly I think I'd rather get shot by a gun.

Also taking down a durr using a bow must be one hell of a feeling.
>>
Well, modern broad arrows are essentially stabbing your target really, really fuckin hard.
I don't know off the top of my head how much energy they carry, but they will definitely fuck you up.
>>
>>32195631
Fuck that. I'll take the arrow anyday.
>>
>>32195631
A pistol can easly kill you. Think of how fucked you would be if you got hit with a hunting cartridge.
>>
>>32195631
It's definitely a rush. Way more rewarding then taking one with a rifle.
>>
>>32195716
I used to hunt squirrels with a 45# recurve. I'd love to go take hogs or deer with a full powered bow.
>>
>>32195768
I've stopped deer hunting with rifles, bow is alot more of a challenge and rewarding. Wish I was at my pc so I could share some kills. But it's alot of fun.
>>
>>32195395
Rifle shots to the hear will leave a deer fucking sprinting anywhere form 20-100 yards fiarly often.

What the FUCK do you think an arrow will do?

>>32195025
You're pretty well fucked unless you have EXCEPTIONAL skills at both shooting and stalking, and the enemy are retarded.
>>
>>32195789
What are you talking about?
>>
File: whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>32195789
25-06 heartshot master race reporting: In my experience they either lay down immediately or go maybe twenty feet. These reports of heartshot animals running away puzzle me.
>>
>>32195768
I had no trouble downing ~70kg boar with a cheap 35 pound compound with crappy wood shafts and ribtek heads
>>
>>32195768
45# is 5# more than you need, depending on how efficient it is.

That's IF you're willing to get good at stalking, though.
>>
>>32196025
That'd be nuts. Getting close enough for a low power shot
>>
>>32195789
So it's confirmed you suck or never gone hunting in your life
>>
>>32195025
bows are nice for the most part you can hunt earlier than people with rifles.
>>
>>32195813
did that exact same thing over thanksgiving week didn't run more than twenty feet.
>>
File: 2009720-w5977tah-8633mod_fs.jpg (17KB, 508x271px) Image search: [Google]
2009720-w5977tah-8633mod_fs.jpg
17KB, 508x271px
Why not both?
>>
>>32197711
Found the Wookie.

Checked twice.
>>
>>32195346
this is the kind of retard who pretends to hunt.

Or he is just so fucking stupid he went hunting with a 20 lb practice bow and practice rounds that he himself "sharpened"
>>
Assuming you're a good archer, you'll be able to hit a man in the upper-chest at 90-100 yards. Broadhead arrows are about as deadly as rifle bullets, so your target will go unconscious & bleed out within 20-30 seconds.
Of course, that's assuming that you're targeting a single armed man who is unaware of you. If you miss and he shoots back, you're fucked.
>>
>>32195609
So was the guy who shot up that gay bar, but nobody really stopped him. Kind of makes me question why they have a watch list.
>>
>>32195789
Pity the man who has never double lunged a deer and watched it drop in two to three seconds.
>>
>>32196432
its not nuts, its bowhunting, its no long range deal
>>
>>32195667
Guns stab you very very hard with bullets
>>
>>32197970
>Assuming you're a good archer, you'll be able to hit a man in the upper-chest at 90-100 yards.
In real world conditions, where your target is maybe only holding still for a few seconds, I would say maybe only .01% of archers could pull this off.
>>
>>32195667
45lbs or greater impulse minus air resistance losses.
>>
In terms of hunting
Gun:
>range
>doesn't rely on upper body strength like a bow
>less affected by wind/environment
>bullets are smaller so you can carry more
>significantly more range
>may be heavier than a bow, but less cumbersome and big
Bow
>lighter
>if you miss a shot, you can take another since next to no sound
>arrows can be reused if they don't break
>arrows are bigger than bullets but are very light
>allows you to get medieval
>builds upper body strength
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.