[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the EAA Windicator? I finger-fucked one the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (64KB, 575x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 575x438px
Thoughts on the EAA Windicator? I finger-fucked one the other day and was impressed

>Made in Germany
>decent SA trigger
>heavy as fuck so manageable recoil with .357

Oh and Revolver General Threed, I guess
>>
>>32192533
Bumping with interest. I'm planning to buy one as soon as taxes come in.

Do you think a small person could effectively CC it? I prefer a small of the back carry, about 7:00

Right now my only gun is a shitty Jennings .380, it was all I could afford.
>>
>>32192699
Literally anything is going to be better than that, but I'd look at used autoloaders over a revolver.
>>
>>32192753
I'm specifically looking for a revolver. I like them, and I love .357. Besides, all the reviews I've read have said it's quite good for the price.

And the Jennings I have isn't quite as bad as their reputation. It's the T380-ca, which is kind of their extra bulky model. It looks like a 9mm at a quick glance--it has the height and width of a midsize 9, but it's as thin as a pocket .380. Perfect for the kind of CC I like.
>>
>>32192881
It was good for the price years ago, but now RIA has them and Ruger snubs are almost as cheap. Here's the dealio: 357 out of a snub is just a loud, expensive 38 special. If money is a factor get the 38 version or something else because carrying 357 in that thing is pointless.
And sell the jennings before it blows your damn finger off, use that cash for a good revolver.
>>
>>32192533
i didnt know they were made in germany, i might take a look at it. the only revolver i have is a NAA mini 22lr, which doesnt really count.
id like to add a revolver just because but i dont want to spend $800 on one. not right now anyway.
>>
>>32193852
I was planning to get the 4 inch version. As far as I'm aware, the cheap RIA revolvers are only .38 spl., and aren't even rated for +P which is a problem.

Can't really beat this https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/68167
>>
>>32193945
Thats pretty tits, I'd trust eaa over rossi. I don't think used smiths come down that far.
>>
>>32192699
Revolvers are decent for winter/autumn carry but not when you have less clothes on.
I'd say just stick to 9mm/.380 autoloaders. Singlestack is good for all seasons.
Go for .45 if you feel like it.
10mm or .40 if you want to meme it up with the rest of the /b/tards.
>>
>>32194518

Woah what's this I'm hearing? I feel the other way around actually.

Snubbies make excellent pocket carry guns. While even a compact auto won't fit in a pocket. You'd need a tiny unreliable semi auto to conceal in a pocket in hot weather.
>>
>>32196316
>even a compact auto won't fit in a pocket
What is Ruger LCP
>>
>>32194337
yeah, that's what I was thinking. Every time I tell someone I want to buy a cheap revolver, they tell me, "oh, just buy a used Ruger or Smith". I don't think they understand quite how broke I am. Like, every $10 matters and $300 is the upper limit of my budget
>>
>>32192533
I've got one as a car gun. It's a heavy little shit and will eat turbo hot loads without much issue. Not super accurate and the sights are trash, but for the price it's a steal. The only real issue with them is the the cylinder might slip during a double action pull if you don't pull the trigger quickly enough. That might just be mine, however. If the one you're looking at is under $300, I'd say its worth it.
>>
>>32198318
Hey I also have a .357 snubby as a car gun! I want to get a 4" next and now I'm totally looking at the EAA. I have an EAA 9mm CZ clone from like, 1991. It used to be my car gun but it jammed like crazy the last time I shot it. Not knocking EAA though, it's a 25 year old gun that clearly wasn't shown any love before I bought it. It still shoots half dollar sized groups at 10 yards.
>>
>>32192533
I have one and it's breddy gud. Has gutter sights that aren't painted so paint the tips. Weighs about 30 Oz unloaded so could double as a melee weapon as well. It'll also eat anything you put in its belly and handles recoil very well. .38s feel like a pop gun out of it.

>>32198431
Replace the recoil spring with a heavier one and take a wire brush to the feed ramp. Also try a new magazine. After all that it'll work fine. I also have a Witness and never had troubles with it. Every time someone does its always the aforementioned things causing it.
>>
>>32198983
I changed the recoil spring and that's when the problems started. I have a new mag that I'll try next time. I polished the feed ramp with a dremel tool and that didn't help. It's probably just the mag.
>>
>>32199985
You didn't get the one that's like 30 lbs did you? Im using a 15 or 16 lb one forgot which it is but I haven't had a single ftf in over 350 rounds so far on it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.