[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oregon general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1479879886068.jpg (23KB, 600x190px) Image search: [Google]
1479879886068.jpg
23KB, 600x190px
Oregon bros get in here. Discuss favorite shooting spots, favorite gun stores in your area, recent aquistions etc.
>>
>>32188750
Just moved from Nevada to Portland. Is there any good gun stores, ranges, innawoods spots in the area?
>>
>>32188750
Did any of you guys hear about LC 768?
>>
541 reporting in
>>
>>32189130
Where you at?
>>
>>32189130
How incredibly specific of you
>>
tfw no decent milsurp in this state
>>
>>32188798
Rich's Gun Shop in Donald is the only LGS that aren't total assholes, great indoor range, but are overpriced.

For innawoods, any Bureau of Land Management land is fair game as long as you're not close to hikers and don't shoot over a road or river. www.oregonhuntingmap.com, select 'land ownership' from the 'filters' menu at the bottom left. BLM is yellow.
>>
>>32189366
I dunno, I never have had any issues with NW Armory and it doesn't require me to go to fucking Donald. Friendliest store in Oregon though is The Gun Works in Springfield, although they only sell BP.

>>32188798
There's a few indoor ranges in Portland, but they're all expensive as balls. Best thing to do is make friends with people who have farms, or just go on BLM land.
>>
>>32188750
Californian clay general
>>
Are there any good shooting spots on public land near Corvallis/Albany?
>>
>>32188840
What's that?
>>
>>32188750
East coast guy here. What's the latest with the standoff? What's the local opinion and reaction? I realize it was a while ago, I'm just curious as public interest shifted away
>>
>>32190004
Everyone involved in it has been acquitted.
>>
>>32190004
They were all found Not Guilty in Oregon courts. But the Bundys have been shipped off to Nevada to face charges over the original standoff as retaliation
>>
>>32189900
It removes the the default proceed if the FBI takes longer than 3 days to do the background check. If this passes then the gun stores cannot give you the gun after 3 days. Allowing the FBI to take as long as they want on your background check.
>>
>>32188798
Avoid Oregon Arms and Ammunition if you can, fuckers charged twice for a transfer and $14 for 20rds of Tula x54.
>>
I just moved to oregon a few weeks ago, half an hour south of portland. Only like 10 minutes from tricounty gun club. I'm too poor to join after the move though. Their upfront cost to join is like 450-500 or someshit like that, not to mention there is apparently a massively long waiting list.
>>
>>32192196
Check out BLM land; Beaver Dam Rock Quarry in Tillamook is open, free, and about 45 minutes west of Portland. The main thing is that it only really has space for about 5 or 6 cars so bring as many of your guns as you can to make use of your time when a spot opens up.
>>
>>32192452
I've never shot BLM with random people I've never met. How is it safety wise. I'm sure there will always be a dumb ass or two, but I do know of a few actual free ranges where I use to live that had really stupid dumbasses who also never clean up.

Has there ever been an oregon meet?
>>
>>32188798

Sounds like Izzy.
>>
File: IMAG2598.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2598.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>32192773
Basically people mind their own business if you're in a proper shooting spot. Pick up trash (even if it's not yours) and don't tear up the ground with your vehicle. I've been harassed by forest patrol for both, even though there was no evidence that I did anything, just took it to mean that it was a recurring problem.

Don't shoot on/over roads or waterways either.
>>
>>32192773
Also to answer your question, I've never been to one, but I'm sure they've gone down.

I'm somewhat interested if someone more organized than me wants to set one up.
>>
I wanna plug GunPro in Springfield. Fair prices, family business, incredibly friendly staff.
>>
>>32188798
Keith's Sporting Goods has a decent selection but they are run by rude jerkoffs

TCGC is pretty much the only place to shoot worth a damn inside the Portland metro area

>>32192452
Waiting list is probably due to election panic, you should be able to get in soon now that it is over. Never heard of the upfront cost though, might be a new thing. I pay $170 a year, used to be less but they improved the facilities.
>>
>>32193253
There's a 225 initiation fee and 45 dollar live fire training fee.

The dues being 170 is reasonable to me, but the initiation fee is pretty high.
>>
>>32193368

Damn, didn't pay to pay that 10 years ago, or do that live fire training.
>>
>>32190004
Acquitted

The limp dick portland weekly rags went full SJW afterwards. White privilege etc...
Fleshy hipster faggots picketed the courthouse.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.