[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nogunz here, looking to become hasgunz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: rhinos.jpg (21KB, 618x294px) Image search: [Google]
rhinos.jpg
21KB, 618x294px
So I might be a piece of trash for wanting this as my first gun, but I adore the look of the Chiappa Rhino. How hard is it to take care of? Known problems? Is it just pretty with shit tier function? I'm looking for general gun advice as well.
>>
>>32187011
Which length were you thinking? For what purpose?
>>
File: 13828336_1.jpg (76KB, 1200x689px) Image search: [Google]
13828336_1.jpg
76KB, 1200x689px
Chiappa are VERY inconsistent with QC, I would not but one of their guns without inspecting it in person and probably test it first.

The 6 O'clock barrel does reduce muzzleflip, but it's not like .357 Magnum is difficult to control anyway.
I would suggest a conventional revolver as a newbie gun over the Rhino.
>>
>>32187011
Oh yeah, all Rhinos besides the 2" barrel ones have an incredibly unsightly seam where the barrel and frame meet. Rather than designing for this in mind, they just went with what's supposed to be a sleek and flat package, but which is visually ruined by that hideous seam.
>>
>>32187011
no chiapa
rhino a shit
>>
>>32187034
5", just home defense.
>>
>>32187040
Any specific revolvers in mind? I'm open to any suggestions.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 379x133px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 379x133px
I grew up on a farm with some experience with guns, I had a .22 revolver but I'm away to college now. I'm currently a nogunz and I'm looking at the Ruger Super Blackhawk. I occasionaly do go home and get to shoot a variety of guns but this would be my first handcannon. My brother suggest I get a rifle instead, like a Mini 14, but I want something more mobile. I also want to feel like Dirty Harry. I'm not POSITIVE about my decision though.
>>
>>32187447
Gp101 and 100
S&W 629
Maybe Taurus Model 608
>>
this is the fifth "ok i may be a faggot for wanting this chiappa" thread in the past 2 days

yes youre a faggot now go buy it if you want to
>>
File: 13106-2.gif_thumbnail1.jpg (31KB, 700x353px) Image search: [Google]
13106-2.gif_thumbnail1.jpg
31KB, 700x353px
Consider the rossi 972 6" barrel, you can get it for around $400 most the time.
That said, K is full of a bunch of gun snobs so lets sit back and watch them rip into "rossi is shit"
>>
>>32187489
From just about everything I've heard, a Mini-14 would be a waste of money. Now this isn't coming from experience, but I've read just about any AR would be a better choice on all fronts.
>>
>>32187537
44 mag as first revolver? Is that really a good idea?
>>
File: IMG_2258.png (76KB, 612x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.png
76KB, 612x217px
Am I a terrible person for wanting to CC a 50DS and paint it like pic related to hide that fuckugly seam?
>>
>>32187432
As others have noted, it's not the most practical firearms purchase. Personally I'm of the mindset that you should buy what strikes your fancy as long as you do so with open eyes about what you're getting. It's a sexy gun if you like that style, and it'd certainly be fine for unwanted guests. There are more efficient choices, but none that look like the Rhino if that's your thing.
>>
>form over function: the thread
>>
File: slide_1.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_1.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>32187447
Ruger GP100
Ruger Security Six (out of production but affordable used)
Ruger Redhawk
Ruger Vaquero (single-action only)
Smith & Wesson 689
Smith & Wesson M66
Smith & Wesson M28
Colt Trooper (if you can find one for not $800)

These are all .357 Magnum revolvers, basic and good, they'll serve you well, remember that you can also shoot .38 Special for cheap, you should start with these. Mind the four safety rules and wear ear & eye protection.

>>32187537
>629
Yeah let's not be recommending a fucking .44 Magnum as a first handgun here, alright.

>>32187653
The Mini-14 (if an old military and police model, or one made after 2005) is actually pretty good, it's just that the AR15 is much better.
You'll do alright with a Mini, get one if it's the kind of rifle you want.
>>
>>32187662
Not really.
Recoil is a lot for a newbie (risk of developing a flinch), and cost gets high, even .44 Special gets pricey.

.44 Magnum is something you get into once you've gotten some experience and practice with handguns.
>>
>>32187432
Get it if you want it. An ar 15 would be better for home defense.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 605x454px
>>32187537
>recommending a 629 for a newbie
>>
>>32187620
Rossi is shit
>>
>>32188558
Depends on when it's made, some of their old .38s are pretty decent.
>>
>>32187447
Go BP or go home

>fuckhuge ball of lead
>smokescreen
>anal devastation

I see no downsides
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.