[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm liberal and I like guns What do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_2686.jpg (463KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2686.jpg
463KB, 2000x1333px
I'm liberal and I like guns
What do?
>>
>>32185563
Realize you are a Conservative.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
Vote republican candidates.
>>
>>32185563
Don't give as shit about political leaning and brand yourself with retarded words? You do you, fuck bitches, get money.
>>
>>32185563
There are many positions on issues that can fit on either political side.

Guns arent one of them.
>>
>>32185571
Found the Coal Berner
>>
>>32185579
???????????????????????
>>
>>32185563
Move to Vermont and stay there
>>
>>32185563

liking guns and identifying as liberal aren't mutually exclusive, libtard.
>>
>>32185563
>buy guns
>shoot them
>redpill your lefty friends
>????
>profit
>>
OP what's your opinion on

>illegal immigration
>refugees
>weed
>healthcare
>Trump
>>
>>32185563
vote pro what every you care about most. I tend to be a one-two issue voter hanging around my hobbies. Luckily these coincide with other viewpoints I have on economics and social issues.
>>
>>32185599

Don't really care but it could stand to have a limit
There can be a refugee quota
Weed is fine
Healthcare could stand to be cheap
Not a Trump fan but I'm remaining objective so far
>>
>>32185563
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/liberty
where to draw the line between freedom and total chaos
>>
>>32185613
Cool, you seem reasonable. FIx your nogun situation and youre A-ok in my book
>>
>>32185563
Show other liberals that guns are not to be feared, but instead are essential tools for defending personal liberties. Personal stories of police response times and the fact that officers are not obligated to endanger their lives (though many do) is a good place to start. Pull reasoning from enlightenment philosophers about the defense of self. Use the logic of weapons being the greatest equalizer of physical disparities, born disabilities, or outnumbered minorities. But most importantly, educate those that show interest on the form and function of guns. Knowledge turns them from magical killing machines into tools of skill that are bounded by involuable rules of physics.
t. liberal left behind by the far left
>>
Write all your democratic representatives and tell them that democrats like guns too!

Maybe then they'll stop shooting themselves in the foot every other election.
>>
File: trump's daily breakfast.jpg (167KB, 734x760px) Image search: [Google]
trump's daily breakfast.jpg
167KB, 734x760px
>>32185563
4chan.org/pol/
lurk for about 2 weeks then come back to us

t. fellow "liberal" who is woke
>>
>>32185619
>>32185629
I just feel removing the 2nd will never be tangibe
>>
File: brofist.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
brofist.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>32185563
>
That means you're a REAL liberal.
The communists who stole the name "liberal" and call themselves liberals now in USA have nothing to do with liberalism.
>>
>>32185563
Become a right-winger.

Things make sense here.
>>
>>32185670
I've literally had libtards say that libertarians stole the term liberal from them.
>>
File: hk93ad-506x660.jpg (126KB, 506x660px) Image search: [Google]
hk93ad-506x660.jpg
126KB, 506x660px
>>32185563
Make sure your first gun is from HK.
>>
>>32185663
Completely removing, no. But death by a thousand cuts is certainly possible. I just like to see other liberals move back towards liberty instead of social control. But these desires belong on another board, so I will say no more.
>>
>>32185566
>>32185652

I did this. Here's my take on /pol/:

40% frustrated white boys for whom joos and the racials are a convenient scapegoat for their lack of romantic fulfillment and social validation.

5% tinfoil hatted sovereign citizens trying to alert the public about illuminati chemtrails

5% actual neo-nazis

50% trolls trying to convert the white boys into neo-nazis or foilhats for the lulz and feeding the neo-nazis and foilhats ever more improbable and outrageous memery that will be reposted as fact.

This thread doesn't belong on /k/, but it doesn't belong on /pol/ either.

/pol/ is the containment board for fascists and ideological sadomasochism.

/his/ is a better place for a discussion about political philosophy.
>>
>>32185563

Become a libertarian.
>>
File: Fallout3.jpg (51KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout3.jpg
51KB, 575x431px
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, so long as you're not a full blown liberal, or a SJW and are for protecting the Constitution/Fun Rights.

Welcome to the club, go spread the good word of the 2nd Amendment, friend!

In Fallout factions....

Far Left would be Raiders/Feral Ghouls

Alt-Left libs are Super Mutants

Liberals are the New California Republic

Centrists/Independents would be BoS (East Coast) /Followers of The Apocalypse/ Educated Super Mutants and Ghouls

Alt Right would be Caesar's Legion/Slavers

Far Right would be The Enclave

Who are you?
>>
>>32185778
>being a leppo
>>
>>32185599
Not OP but I consider myself mostly liberal
>should be easier to immigrate legally but there should be severe consequences for illegals
>don't really care either way about refugees
>legalize weed and all drugs for that matter
>Make America Great Again, bitches
Also:
>staunchly pro-lgbt
>support strict regulations on big business
>indifferent on abortion; I'm slightly pro-choice but it's not my fight whatsoever
>/k/ should ease up on the anti-black and anti-jew shit, I know that all of 4chan says the same stuff but it makes gun owners look bad
>consider gun control one of the greatest problems plaguing the world
>will NEVER vote against gun rights, even if I have to vote against all my other beliefs
>>
File: God Emperor Trump.jpg (73KB, 780x419px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Trump.jpg
73KB, 780x419px
>>32185563
Laugh
>>
File: timmoen.jpg (19KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
timmoen.jpg
19KB, 500x333px
>>32185563

Have you considered Libertarianism?
>>
Please keep this trash off /k/ some of us are just sick of politics and don't want to look at it. You probably killed a good thread with this trash.

Also stop calling yourself pro guns if you don't vote republican. democratic party only endorses break action shotguns, every other weapon is evil.
>>
File: 3qfms2.jpg (85KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
3qfms2.jpg
85KB, 625x352px
>>32185780
Reporting in.
>>
>>32185563

Anyone who tells you that gun ownership should be a conservative-only trait is full of shit. A great many conservatives are bible-thumping retards and believe in a whole bunch of stupid shit like creationism and trickle-down economics.

Likewise anyone who tells you that you're not a "true" liberal because you own guns is also full of shit. Liberals are basically right about all of the social issues, but similar to conservatives, they are close-minded about any one issue outside of their party lines.

Be an individual. People who place their every inclination along party lines are weak-minded followers and not worthy of your respect. How you feel about abortion shouldn't have any bearing on your feelings about gun control.
>>
>>32185563
maybe be a libertarian ?? that's what i am ...... except i love trumps border plans and free trade is only important to me inside the borders
>>
The main problem is that current liberal politics do not represent classical liberal values. Owning firearms is **extremely** liberal, folks.

Liberal values are all about individual freedoms:
>Freedom of speech
>Freedom of religion
>Freedom of markets
>Freedom of private ownership

The last two are important and often forgotten by "liberals"

True liberalism is about restricting government involvement in your life. No person - and no government - should be able to dictate private aspects of your life. This includes, very importantly, ownership of things that enable you to maintain that lifestyle. Whether that means you're a hunter or a militia member, or a simple faggot who is scared of persecution, it doesn't matter. Firearms are at the very top of that list.

Modern liberal politics are anything but liberal. They commonly aim to inflate government presence in order to enforce more and more policy. Liberal politics have exploited emotion in order to push an increasingly authoritarian agenda.

I'd wager that most people posting here are "liberal," but very few identify that way due to the sick bastardization that is the modern left.
>>
>>32185563
Be an independent.

Fuck the parties. Political parties do not choose issues based on reason. Why do republicans call for increased civilian gun ownership but also a larger military, which would be the main instrument of government oppression in a SHTF? Why do they care if a non-sentient fetus is aborted on the pretense of valuing human life but not if a sentient convict is executed? Why do liberals advocate for individual rights? Why do liberals like large governments but are the first to go out and protest when the big government does something they don't like? Why are liberals in favor of gay marriage and marijuana legalization but are total pussies when it comes to the ability to defend individual liberties with guns?

It's all fucking bullshit. Do what you think is right, on each issue, fuck anyone who tells you that one affects the other.
>>
>>32185780
Is /k/ the Minutemen?
>>
File: -aa-photo-1461327903592.jpg (103KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
-aa-photo-1461327903592.jpg
103KB, 1200x673px
>>32185891
>voting for a certain person/party means I completely agree with them and all of their views

This is why liberals should get guns.
>>
>>32185780
>>32185902

Steel be with you, Brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzbjDOxCHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXAbm55DOE
>>
>>32186029
>Why do republicans call for increased civilian gun ownership but also a larger military, which would be the main instrument of government oppression in a SHTF
Because the army is a pro-gun organization and is willing to defend your freedom, when SHTF happens, it would be those soldiers who would help you.
>Why do they care if a non-sentient fetus is aborted on the pretense of valuing human life but not if a sentient convict is executed?
Because that fetus is innocent unlike that convinct.
>>
>>32185772
Oh boy, /pol/ is literally more diverse than this board.

>/his/ is a better place for a discussion about political philosophy.
/his/ is for history, you scum.
>>
>>32186067
What? By voting for anti-gun persons?
>>
>>32186035

Yes, when *freedom intensifies* and /k/ isn't bootlicking.
>>
>>32185563
They aren't mutually exclusive. To me being liberal means being in favor of maximum individual rights, but not necessarily being against things like taxation (well I do agree it's theft, but it's a necessary evil) The right to self defense is extremely important and must be protected.

One thing I will say is that even though I hate Trump (he doesn't respect the first amendment) I am secretly glad that we'll get 4 years without retarded panic buys and maybe some of these commiefaggot state laws will be repealed. Plan on getting an AR15 for Christmas. Can't decide between an M&P sport and spending a little more and getting a Springfield saint
>>
>>32185772

Here's my take on /pol/, the majority are whites from across the world who are seeing their countries and neighborhoods turns to shit. Who already have families. And care for civilizations.

Now here's my take on people like you. Shill of the worst kind. You don't even get paid pussy
>>
>>32185563
Get a fucking gun.

It's not like conservatives were the ones who try to outlaw guns.
>>
>>32185780

Damn profligate!!!
>>
>>32186067
>>voting for a certain person/party means I completely agree with them and all of their views
Well I hate to discuss politics but yes exactly you do. You voted for everything they went ahead to do. Might agree with a few of their things but your vote supports all of them so the good intentions doesn't really change it.
I'm not telling you how to vote, I'm glad you're interested in politics and all but on this particular issue I think it's bullshit to say you're progun when your all in for anti-gun stuff. You have the intentions to be pro gun but you got a little cognitive dissonance going about it.

I really think you're just talking irrationally saying people should have guns without a specific type of gun in mind or why. I said nothing offensive to you and you just screamed "I should get a gun!" you're fucking weird man. This is why we shouldn't have political talk on here the rules of civilized behavior don't seem to be in effect when politics are talked about it's just immature opinion pushing a majority of the time.
>>
File: 1479185476089.jpg (769KB, 776x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1479185476089.jpg
769KB, 776x1094px
>>32185563
Thank you for your service.
>>
You enjoy your hobby
>>
>>32185793
>>support strict regulations on business
Fuck off, fascist
>>
>>32185563
>Classical liberal

Makes sense

>Democrat

Get a job, hippie.
>>
>>32185599
Not op but hardcore libtard gun owner jumping in to be a dick.
> Open the boarders, make everyone a citizen, tax accordingly. Fearing immigrants is for idiots living in some spooky racist past.
> See above for refugees. The initial expense of caring for the poor wins out with a huge labor boom and tax boom in the future. New deal that shit, get some civil projects going.
> Oregonian.
> I know Obama's plan shit the bed, but I'm still a fan of a national system. Private healthcare is just profiting of the sick and dying. Fans of private healthcare must love private policing and fire too, head on back to the 19th century smart guys.
> FUCK TRUMP.
:^)
>>
>>32186871
Thank you Papa Putin
>>
>>32186964
>labor boom
There's already no jobs. Flooding the country with people here for the free shit wouldn't change that. In fact, the problem would only get worse.

The new deal is one of the biggest memes in US history. What are we going thousands of new bridges to nowhere with money we don't have? The government can't just wave its hand and make the economy work. See the USSR and PRC.
>>
>>32185563
I wonder if Trumpism is going to bring conservatives and liberals together under the Republicans as the de facto White party. With the way the Democrats are going, I expect them to be even more explicitly anti-White going forward.
>>
>>32185613
Healthcare is cheapest in a competitive market. There now you can consider yourself a conservative.
>>
>>32185563
stop battling in your mind whether or not you're gay. Either be gay or own guns
>>
>>32186885
>keeping children out of factories and not dumping unchecked pollution everywhere makes one a fascist
>>
>>32186124
>clumps of zygotic cells that normally don't even successfully begin to develop into a fetus are more important than the existing people that don't want tl have an unwanted child ruin their lives
>>
>>32185563
Shut the fuck up. Grow up. And don't meme on my home board.

You're a stupid bitch that breathes from his mouth. Guys who are liberal and like guns already exists, libertarian Nigger.
>>
>>32185590
constitutional carry...
beautiful as fuck
>>
>>32185563
Use one for good and kill yourself
>>
File: IMG_1469.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
>>32185772
/pol/ is a containment board.
Clearly it's not.
>>
>>32187473
Ignore this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Use a rope instead.
>>
>>32185563
Write your liberal canidates/elect and tell them to stop being unconstitutional gun grabbers?
>>
>>32186871
Thank you Papa Putin!
>>
>>32187072
>cheapest in a competative market
Oh, you're serious? Let me laugh harder.

When you make people's health a for profit business, people get fucked. We should have state payed for health insurance, so people still have to pay something for medical bills (so it ain't free) but you don't get screwed by private companies.
>>
>>32187072
>Healthcare is cheapest in a competitive market.
No. That might seem intuitively correct, but no.
>>
>>32185563
Realize you're independent. The country is brainwashed into this Democrat vs Republican bullcrap. I was a Republican when I was younger and did vote for trump. I did so because I hated Hillary so much and I can be a single issue voter. I love guns. I think no guns should be banned. No high caps banned. Nothing should ever be banned. When guns aren't on a range for fun, they are a tool for security. Be it a carry gun or you took your kid camping. Hell my camping gun is an arsenal sam7sf. I love "weapons of war" and "assault rifles". I do know though I'm a hippy at heart. I will kill someone if have to, but I have zero desire to murder someone. Murder is when self defense exceeds a threat level.

I'm also a straight man that thinks being gay is gross. However gun owners need to promote their freedom. How many times do we complain the government is infringing on our personal freedom? We can't be hypocritical. Everyone should be free of infringement. If you're not a rapist, a chomo, murderer, or overall nutcase I don't give a shit what you do. So yeah op, I guess by today's definition that makes me liberal.
>>
>>32185599
Well since all 4 of us gun owning liberals are here I might as well chime in
>Reform immigration process to make anyone who isn't a drug cartel fuckhead able to come here legally and be a productive member of society. Anyone who is too much of a retarded fuckup to get in gets deported if caught.
>I don't know enough about the details of the refugee issue to warrant an opinion
>Weed prohibition fuels gangs and cartels. The stuff's not going anywhere, so we might as well let hippies in Colorado control the market instead of El Chapo
>Access to essential healthcare should be considered a basic human right.
>Trump is proving to be another establishment politician. He's going to be a puppet.
>>
>>32187779
These type of "progressive gun owners" are the loudest ones since they want to PR so bad.

Sooner or later, they are gonna vote democrat.
>>
>>32186500
>the majority are whites from across the world who are seeing their countries and neighborhoods turns to shit. Who already have families. And care for civilizations.
>we
>implying you had anything to do with the construction of civilization as it is
wew
Do you spam "IJDF PLS GO GOYIM" in every thread too?
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 284x177px
>>32185563
>>>/pol/

Fucking liberal scum. Mods need to delete these faggot ass pol threads and MAKE /K/ GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>32187801
I disagree with you. Like I said, I'm a single issue voter. I would vote Democrat all day for the rest of my life if they left guns alone and taxes. Taxes their horrible. I get things need to be funded but the government spends so much on redundant agencies. Then when Dems want something funded, they scream share the wealth and wanna take from companies gross earnings.
>>
>>32185772
>white boys
Opinion discarded
>>
>>32185563
Buy guns.
Being able to buy guns is one of the pillars of liberty.
>>
>>32185590

how did bernie sanders get elected in such a based state?
>>
>>32185780
>Far Right would be The Enclave
Makes sense, coolest looking shit. I'm in.
>>
>>32185788
>>
>>32188015
You're thinking of New Hampshire. Vermont is not based.
>>
>>32187801
>only rebublicans can like guns or personal liberties

You're part of the problem, and the divide, in this country.
>>
>>32188015
Vermont is not based, only its gun laws are.
>>
>>32188071
Republican candidates are the only ones doing shit for guns, if you don't care about that, you are just another liberal to me, buzz to my ears.
>>
>>32185599
>Vlad the Impaler had the right idea
>see 1
>see 1
>see 1
>cautiously optimistic
>>
>>32185599
Not OP but rate me:

1.) The United States is a country governed by the rule of law, and people who are unwilling to follow the fair and straightforward laws governing the citizenship process have no place in our country. Additionally, the government needs to go after not just the illegal immigrants themselves but the businesses that incentivize their actions by hiring them.

2.) The government of the United States has no obligation to anyone other than its own citizens. The United States should never accept refugees from any other country unless a.) said refugees have both the willingness, skills, and mindset necessary to completely integrate into American society and are willing to renounce their native culture, religion, and language insofar as said culture, religion, and language are antithetical to life in the United States AND b.) there is a demonstrable national interest for accepting refugees. In all cases, there should be no extralegal amnesties, fast-tracking, or government preference.

3.) Drug use is personally disgusting to me, but the War on Drugs has failed to produce any results. Unless we get an administration that is willing to go the extra mile and starts deploying SF to systematically destroy every major cartel in the Western hemisphere like what we did with Escobar and friends, the best solution is one of legalization and regulation.

4.) Maintaining your health is your own responsibility. If you eat to excess, eat unhealthy foods, don't exercise, smoke, drink, or otherwise let your body fall to pieces, the consequences of those actions are and should be on the individual who made those choices and not on the government or taxpayers. Likewise for the kinds of people who are unable to afford medical treatment when disaster strikes because they chose to change their car every two years, spend all of their discretionary income rather than save it, or have more children than they were able to afford--it is their problem and not society's.
>>
>>32188430 cont.

5.) I'm on the fence about Trump. I'm glad that he beat Hillary, and he says some good things about issues that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats were willing to talk about at all. On the other hand, I'm not all that enthusiastic about a number of his proposed cabinet picks (Sessions and Mattis are pretty cool though) and some of the proposals he's put forward about how he wants to accomplish his economic goals (ie massive Keynesian-style deficit spending) strike me as dubious. The ultimate verdict will come down to whether or not he gets results in the end.
>>
>>32188154
Guns why I vote Republican. Doesn't mean their good people just cause they get my vote for being a single issue voter.

Look most liberals are out of their minds but the reality is if trump and Republicans fuck this up, the backlash could be not seeing another Republican president for a long time. Republicans have to evolve. We have to show Democrats guns aren't the problem and not to fear them.
>>
>>32185563
Vote Libertarian for president, and Republican down ballot. Gun rights > any other policy position
>>
>>32188430
Also not OP, and I agree with what you say. You mentioned having more children than you can afford, where does that leave you on abortion, out of curiosity.
>>
>>32185563
It's okay. I run around in extremely leftist circles and even support strict gun control but own a gun because I don't feel safe in my neighborhood.
I just don't tell anyone so my hypocrisy is hidden
>>
>>32188769
While third trimester abortions are grotesque and abortions in general shouldn't be performed frivolously, they should be legal. The kinds of people who dogmatically oppose abortion seem to have a disconnect that the position they are advocating is one that results in unwanted children being born to unprepared parents, who, more likely than not, will grow up in miserable circumstances and end up dependent on society/taxpayers.
>>
>>32186885
Businesses need somebody holding onto their balls or they start doing stupid shit that leads to horrifying tragedy.
>>
>>32188539
>We have to show Democrats guns aren't the problem and not to fear them.

good luck with that one.
happen to listen to vaginal public radio this morning and one of the "news" articles was on the San Bernardino Shooting and couldn't help but noticed how it was linked with Littleton, Colo., or Newtown, Conn and not Ft.Hood , Chattanooga or Orlando instead. also how one of the survivors was traumatized by "a rainbow of shell casings" — flying from the gun.
that's rich.
>>
>>32185563
Teach your liberal friends to like guns.
>>
>>32188891
Adoption is a thing.
>>
>>32188967
Tell that to the rape victim and the rape product ie: another human life conceived through pain and criminal behavior.
>>
>>32188967
Tell that to all the unadopted children in the foster care system.
>>
>>32188967
Do you think adoption alone could keep pace with the birthrates of the unwanted if abortion was outlawed?

I have a relevant story about this.

An acquaintance of mine worked at the front desk of the New York Public Library some years ago. He described how one of his duties was to update and maintain a ring binder of photos with information on children up for adoption. Said binder was allegedly displayed prominently, and, demographically, the candidates for adoption were overwhelmingly black and hispanic. In the ~5 years that he worked there, he said that not one of the millions of people that came in or out the door ever made an inquiry about it.

Yes, I understand that it's a library and not an orphanage, but it's still a telling situation.
>>
>>32188967
No one wants to adopt.

Most people don't consider having kids worth it if the kids aren't related to you by blood.
>>
File: best flag.jpg (390KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
best flag.jpg
390KB, 3072x2048px
>>32188891
I'm >>32188769
You seem like a pretty chill guy with respectable views. Hope you have a nice day.
>>
File: 1479414056553.jpg (50KB, 434x424px) Image search: [Google]
1479414056553.jpg
50KB, 434x424px
>>32188849
Neck yourself hypocrit.
>>
>>32185663
It's only a matter of time now. Wait 30 years when the US is majority brown and watch as Democrats win every election forever. We'll see how long the second amendment lasts then.
>>
>>32188898
>Not wanting to give abusive businesses the Coal Wars treatment
>>
>>32188769
Not that guy, but personally I think the kind of people who get abortions are not the kind of people we should have more of.
>>
Realize that there is a huge difference between the term Liberal and the unholy mutilation of it brought about by the DNC. I have no issues with gays or abortion, love guns, and think people should do their own thing without being instantly branded. The fascists-in-denial that call themselves liberals do not define me.
>>
>>32189516
Sadly, Latinos will not be taking over the US

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/19/no-hispanic-surge-on-the-horizon/
>>
File: images (21).jpg (6KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
6KB, 293x172px
>tfw you know you posted in a thread drunk
>Now you can't find it

Oh well. Something Something. Libertarian. Rand Fucking Paul.
>>
>>32185563
>I'm liberal and I like guns

So a fudd?
>>
>>32185563

become libertarian and stop advocating for mooching off of actually hard working people.
>>
>>32185563
Realize that you are a center left libertarian like me.

Modern "Liberals" are not liberals at all, they've hijacked the term but do not ascribe to any of the core tenets of classic liberalism. The are Authoritarian "Progressive" Theocrats and their religion is political correctness, self destruction on both personal and cultural scales and a stubborn denial of reality.

Libertarian thought is the only safe haven for the Ideal of liberalism because the idea of enforcing a set of cultural norms or taboos is antithetical to liberalism. Liberalism is about individual rights and keep those rights from being trampled by the mob, by the government and by other individuals.

The very best way to keep your rights from being curtailed or removed or restricted or edited is to be capable of defending them with violence. Capacity for individual or group violence is Power and power is the only thing that can keep your rights and liberties safe.

The first and second amendments to the US constitution are literally the most important ideas in human history with regards to liberty, the first preserves liberty peacefully, and the second safeguards the first from destruction by force.

Why do you think the leftists want so badly to take everyone guns? To make us "safe"? It's to make us powerless so that they can enforce their humanist dietyless PC muh feelings religion upon us, and I'm saying that as an atheist not a christfag, polytheist or rock worshipper.

You can believe the fags should be free to fag themselves as much as they like and the theists can believe their fairly tales and everyone can do whatever silly shit it is that make them happy with believe that any one ideaology should be enforced over the others.
>>
Thank you Pappa Putin
>>
>>32188154
Yes, but they are literal shit on economics and many government policies in general.

Guns aren't literally the only issue that matters. Although it is still an important one.

also,
>you'rz liberal b/c you don't agree with me

Stay retarded senpai
>>
File: pol on Islam.png (1MB, 1936x1546px) Image search: [Google]
pol on Islam.png
1MB, 1936x1546px
>>32190152
>It's to make us powerless so that they can enforce their humanist dietyless PC muh feelings religion upon us, and I'm saying that as an atheist not a christfag, polytheist or rock worshipper.
What about my moon god that they insist I should be able to worship in any way I please?
>>
>>32190152
>talks about how the 1st and 2nd are important to defending freedom

>self destruction on both personal and cultural scales and a stubborn denial of reality
>enforce their humanist dietyless PC muh feelings religion

>Liberalism is about individual rights and keep those rights from being trampled by the mob, by the government and by other individuals.
You sound like part of the mob, and not one of the individuals, with your vaguely "hurr degeneracy" comments above.
>>
>>32190386
kek
>>
>>32189976
Too bad all the mainstream libertarian canidates are pants on head retarded.

People say government should be small, they are wrong. Government should be efficient.
>>
>>32190386
Ahh good ol ' Jack Chick. His comic about D&D is considered a classic.

Fun fact: he pulled down a bunch of comics after 9/11. Not because they said anything bad about muslims, but because they said shit about catholics and jews.
>>
>>32185563
Kill your self
>>
Socialists will fight but not compete in the market. Libertarians will compete in the market but not fight. Conservatives will both fight AND compete in the market.
>>
>>32190509
Seconded. I'm sick of Good Germans.
>>
>>32190554
>says the guy who loves statism
>>
>>32190390
>Modern-day progressives aren't insane, self-flagellating whackos
It's like you're literally trying to pretend the last decade hasn't happened.
>>
>>32190473
As for as I'm concerned the Libertarian Party died the instant they selected Johnson/Webb as their ticket. Thong Man didn't help things.
>>
>>32190525
A conservative is just a liberal with a twenty year time delay.
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (137KB, 942x943px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
137KB, 942x943px
>>32185793
>legalize all drugs
>fuck safety and self betterment I'm gunna git high!
Fucking liberals
>>
>>32190590
>muh principles
If you cannot match the intensity of your aggressor, then you lose.
>>
>>32190666
That's because your children keep subverting our young people, Satan.
>>
File: ded.png (247KB, 567x320px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
247KB, 567x320px
>>32185563
Liberals supporting gun ownership is so easy to argue for though. The problem is that most of them are illiterate.

The question "should people be allowed to own firearms" is malformed. The proper formulation of the question should be "should the state have a monopoly on violence?"

Assuming one understands what a state monopoly on violence means, and the answer is "no" then citizen gun ownership follows.

This is so fucking trivially easy to justify.
>>
>>32191627
>most of them are illiterate. we have like 98% literacy in this country. oh i get it. its a giant conspiracy of 2% of the population.
>>
>>32185563
Get heavily involved with the Democratic party and tell them to get the fuck away from gun control.

Also, join local gun rights organizations and try to fight the good fight.
>>
>>32191627
>Liberals supporting gun ownership is so easy to argue for though. The problem is that most of them are illiterate.

The problem is the democratic party is controlled opposition to the republican party, and that a lot of the establishment in both is basically the same group.

This 'left VS right' divide on guns is completely manufactured.
>>
>>32194769
Wait what?

Is this some kind of evil right-wingers narrative?
>>
File: trump target.png (1MB, 1174x944px) Image search: [Google]
trump target.png
1MB, 1174x944px
>>32185563
be a responsible gun owner, like most republican ones are, and dont fall for NRA bullshit. no one is trying to take your guns away unless youre a psycho
>>
>>32185563
Vote republican candidates.

inb4 muh single issue voter

Fuck off.
>>
>>32185594
Yes they are, youngling.
>>
>>32185613
You're a lolbertarian, Harry.
>>
>>32194790
>no one is trying to take your guns away
You live in California don't you
>>
>>32186871

Gracias Padre Putin
>>
>>32194769
>the democratic party is controlled opposition to the republican party
Did I step into bizarro land?
>>
>>32185563

You enjoy guns. Dumbfuck.

Then you vote anything but democrat, because they aren't fucking liberals.
>>
>>32185563
Kys
>>
>>32185780
I always do yes man in NV. What does that make me?
>>
>>32186871
cпacибo oтeц Пyтин
>>
File: 1384804104367.png (149KB, 464x352px) Image search: [Google]
1384804104367.png
149KB, 464x352px
>>32185563
Turn 18 so you can stop being a liberal. Also check these digits.
>>
>>32185563
you're a left leaning libertarian vote left libs like jill stein. I'm right libertarian I voted Gary Johnson
>>
>>32194947

Is there actually a difference between left libertarian and right libertarian?
>>
>>32187760

It is correct, dingus. Health care is not a Giffen good, I'm not going to let you get away with posting that "educated" group think straight outta the Glass Bead Game.

Quality MIGHT go down with greater competition and increased supply, but that is doubtful.

I think a problem with American health care is that the standards for quality are simply too high. Part of the long standing trend of improved safety at all costs.

*shrugs* Our countrymen are giant pussies.
>>
>>32194968
yes there is. A left libertarian believes in government entities and feels the government should exist to help people as well as worry for the environment.

A right libertarian believes that the government shouldn't be responsible for any of that and only private institutions and individuals should be worried.

There are varying degrees of right leaning and left leaning libertarians but the overall consensus is freedom to people.
>>
>>32186035
No, k is the Boomers.
>>
>>32194920
a leppo
>>
>>32195021

THIS.
>>
>>32194920

Depends on who you helped/what you did.

Did you help the wasteland or fuck it to eternity.
>>
I love how everyone here thinks being pro 2nd Amendment automatically thinks you must be conservative. I'm a conservative Democrat and I love guns and think they are a valuable check against America turning into a corporatocracy.
>>
>>32195150
>conservative Democrat
You're pissing into an ocean of piss. Your party wants nothing to do with you. You realize this. Right?
>>
>>32185780

Tunnel Snakes rule!
>>
>>32185772
>tfw black man on /pol/
I completely agree and disagree with many things.

But my fellow black men being absolutely their own faults for being poor and simply asking for more gibsmedats is 100% on the nose.
>>
>>32190670
>implying drugs always negatively impact you
Get out of here, prohibitionists aren't welcome
>>
>>32185563
Buy and use guns. And if you ask me contemplate all the other stupid ideas your party follows.
>>
File: Courier.jpg (44KB, 375x512px) Image search: [Google]
Courier.jpg
44KB, 375x512px
>>32185780

I would instill myself as philosopher king and rule the wasteland by my own hand, because those games taught me that literally almost everyone who isn't me is pants on head retarded. Just going by New Vegas:

>The NCR is incompetent as fuck judging by the amount of shit they need some random dickhead who got half-labotomized to help them with, not to mention their fucked logistics
>Caesar's legion is incompetent as fuck and going to dissolve because glorious leader has a tumor
>The BoS is literally who in NV and is basically a bunch of fags holed up in a super secret no-enclave allowed fort plotting to take over the strip with their whopping ten members
>Boomers are ok
>Supermutants are literally Canada
>Great khans are worth even less of a mention than the BoS
>House is alright, but I question having a totalitarian corpse taking over everything with robots when getting past his security to kill him just takes someone with a stealthboy and a bit of computer knowledge
>Ulysses is the final form of that kid you knew in high school that always wore hot topic shit and misquoted philosophers to seem deep

Fuck everyone. I'm going to make Vegas great again with my VP Joshua Graham.
>>
>>32188071
The divide is inevitable. There is nothing we can do to stop it, because people are creatures of habit, and in the case of our species and our world, macro mimics micro. We repeat history with some variations because perfect peace is unattainable. Your peace is not my peace and it's not the guy across the ocean's peace, so you stay calm and peaceful for a time until someone can't stand it and you kill each other, because that's what people do.
>>
who else here /on liberty by j s mill/
>>
>>32194790
>no one is trying to take your guns away unless youre a psycho

Tell that to California, and Obama's attempts at a new AWB.
>>
File: -1.jpg (54KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
54KB, 600x380px
>>32196671

The BoS Capital Wasteland Chapter was specified and emphasized.

The Mohave chapter is worthless and was left for dead by the main Faction, just like the Capital chapter was since they disobeyed and decided to pursue goals such as helping humans rather than hoarding tech a first priority.
>>
File: 1479843614931.jpg (57KB, 639x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479843614931.jpg
57KB, 639x599px
>>32194968
>>
>>32190778
That's because you resist any change until it happens, then you resist any change that might reverse it. In the long run, conservatives don't conserve anything.
>>
>>32185564
Fpbp
>>
>>32186871

Thank you Papa Putin
>>
>>32188898
This, dear god this. Corporations are highly susceptible to mob mentalities that throw ethics out the window.
>>
>>32194985
endocrine disruptors in the water supply my man
>>
>>32187823

Same goes for you, shitbag.
>>
>>32185599
Not OP, but
>We need better border security, but theres no need to be a huge dick to the illegals
>We don't have a responsibility to refugees
>Weed should be legalized for medicine and recreational use and taxed heavily
>We should have singlepayer healthcare
>MAD MAN who inspires me to work harder. He did what I thought thought was impossible
>>
>>32192849
Being able to read and write does TECHNICALLY constitute as literacy, yes, but a large chunk of the left does not understand reading comprehension and literary analysis.
>>
>>32197796
How much experience do you have in corporate America? Have you every WORKED for a large company?
>>
>>32200716
That's because Socratic thought interferes with The Narrative.
>>
>>32200735
>Have you every WORKED for a large company?
not the person you were responding to, but does the u.s. government count?
>>
>>32188898
you think the government should be the one to hold oversight to them then?
my experience is the bigger an organization is the more unwieldy, unmanageable, cumbersome and uncaring it becomes.

the company i now work for was until recently considered to be a small business. i have worked there before the current administration came to office and when i did, instantly fell in love with place. as the company has grown the the atmosphere has changed to being far more impersonal than before, and unfortunately now it has become far more draconian with ever more regulations being imposed from the top down(i.e. washington).
>>
>>32185563
Buy a gun and kill yourself
Add your name to the data you pricks support so much and hope your death gets some bullshit laws rammed through on the rest of us
>>
File: Front copy.jpg (3MB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Front copy.jpg
3MB, 2700x1800px
>>32188430
10/10
>>
File: 1477205707640.jpg (469KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1477205707640.jpg
469KB, 750x780px
>I'm liberal and I like guns
>What do?
"I really like skub but I'm anti-skub, what do?"
t. (You)
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.