[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to commiefornia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2304.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Hey so I'm a new resident to commiefornia (had no choice in the matter) and I brought my Glock 17 and an AK with me. I know it's not very gun friendly here but what do I need to know to stay out jail? I know I need to register my firearms with the department of justice I believe.

>Pic related
>Please help me out guys
>>
Call your local atf agent, they will help
>>
File: IMG_2568.jpg (113KB, 1024x831px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2568.jpg
113KB, 1024x831px
>>
Get rid of all magazines larger than 10rds

Take the pistol grip off your AK until you can get a stock/grip which is compliant.
If it has a bayonet lug, grind it off, if it has a flash-hider then get rid of that too.

No vertical foregrips, no folding stocks, no grenade rings, the bullet button used to let you have a technically non-detachable magazine and then a pistol grip but they banned it, now you MUST have a compliant grip or stock.

Enjoy hell.
>>
Sit down on the floor
Put your head between your legs
Kiss your ass goodbye.

You are now a resident of hell, and if you get caught with non compliant guns, give up ever owning a gun again.

You will be a convicted felon forever.

Have a nice time in California.
>>
>>32180553
Mail your guns in to the cops and ask
>>
>>32180553
>had no choice in the matter
underage b& get out
>>
>>32180553

If you brought any mags that hold more than 10rds you already broke the law. If your AK is on the CA roster of "named" assault weapons you broke the law. If your glock has a threaded barrel you broke the law.
>>
>>32180674
Your a retarda
>>
>>32180553

that AK better have a bullet button device on the magazine release, otherwise you already broke the law
>>
File: IMG_8997.jpg (79KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8997.jpg
79KB, 1024x754px
>>32180553
>bought a RAS and kept the charging handle condom on
git
>>
File: Commiefornia.png (618KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Commiefornia.png
618KB, 1920x1080px
>>32180553
Just hide all your firearms and don't touch them again until you leave that God forsaken illiberal hellhole of a state.
>>
>>32180553
>posting state felonies online
you deserve your raid
>>
Hide under bed for the next big happening
>>
File: Hera stock full.jpg (285KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Hera stock full.jpg
285KB, 2000x1333px
>>32180674
This, but you'll have some time to do it. Here's how it boils down.

If you owned a centerfire, semi auto rifle prior to 12/31/2016 and are a resident of california, you have until 12/31/2017 to do the following:

Either A) Register the gun as a registered assault weapon. This will allow you to keep all of the original features of the gun, and have a normal mag release. The caveat however, this will place numerous restrictions on what you can do with it:
-Must keep the registration paperwork with you at all times when traveling with the gun.
- Cannot loan it to anyone.
-Cannot pass it on to friends or family upon death, it must be taken out of state, made featureless within 90 days or destroyed.
-Cannot travel to any location except to and from your home and place of shooting. No stopping from your way home from the range for food.
-If you have to mail your rifle for work or something it must be mailed by an FFL who is registered to work on Assault Weapons/Machine Guns/Destructive Devices. There's about a handful of those FFL types in the entire state.

Or B) Make the gun Featureless:

-Remove the Pistol Grip
-Remove any Vertical grips
-Remove any telescoping Stocks.
-Remove any Flash Hider type devices. Muzzle brakes and compensators are ok, but they cannot have flash hiding capability in their description.

Or C) Install the new Mag-Lock from the original bullet button maker that makes it so you have to pop open the action to drop the mag. obviously this will only work on your ARs. Aks you have to make featureless or register them..
>>
>>32182219

Don't forget that it's illegal to have magazines that can hold over 10 rounds here now, upped it from infraction to misdemeanor IIRC. Gotta buy some 10-round compliant mags or basically never shoot where someone could snitch to DOJ about your illegal high-capacity baby killing assault clips.

Given CA, there's very, very few places like that unless you live in the desert with nobody around.
>>
>>32182309
That's right forgot about that, that also got pushed through.

Another thing to be aware of, though you'll also have until 2018 for it to take effect, is that Prop 63, if it doesn't get challenged in court, will severely restrict on how you buy ammo.

Prop 63 basically does the following:

-Requires the purchase and maintenance of a "Ammo Purchase Card" that has to be renewed I believe once every 4 years for some fee and has to be presented when buying ammo.
-Will require background checks when buying ammo.
-Ammo purchased out of state has to be shipped to an FFL.
-Bans all magazines larger than 10 rounds (removed the grandfathered clause that allowed you to keep ones owned prior to the year 2000, so you have to modify or destroy your >10 round mags)
-Specifically modified the penalty for stealing a firearm worth less than 950 and increased the punishment from a misdemeanor to a felony punishable by up to 3 years in prison.
>>
>>32180553
don't register your guns, just keep them hidden until you can move out. I'm assuming you moved in with parents but you're at least 18 otherwise you wouldn't have those guns, especially not the pistol.

move to a state that isn't shit ASAP. you're basically living in the North Korea of firearms.
>>
Ok so from what I've learned from you guys is basically I need to make the AK featureless till I register it before the end of 2017 for it all to be legal and luckily I don't have any mags larger than 10 rounds so I'm good there.
>>
>>32182219
Are you sure he's allowed to register it at all?

I was under the impression that they only allowed assault weapons from before the original ban in the late 80s to be in the state at all.
>>
>>32180674
Bayonet lugs are not considered assault features in California.
>>
>>32182436
What's wrong with registering them? I came from Virginia and didn't ever have to worry.

I'm also 22 and have to support my family is why I'm here in California for anyone thinking I'm b& or what not

Also the AK was a hasty purchase the last day I was in Virginia so it's never been fired before and barely came out the box
>>
>>32182470
Nah the way the new law works is that if they owned it prior to the end of 2016, they can register it as an assault weapon if they so choose. Essentially because the registry's been closed since 2000, the elimination of the current bullet button required the reopening of the registry for 1 year.

Here's the kicker though. You can only register the gun if you owned it prior to 12/31/2016, after that point, the only option then if you want a registered assault weapon is to build it from an 80% lower, and register that lower with the state and serialize it, or build it from a stripped lower. After 2017, 80% lowers and stripped lowers can only be turned into featureless rifles in California as the registry will be closed again.
>>
>>32182501
The main frustration with registering your rifle will be the restrictions placed upon you as I outlined here:

>>32182219

In addition to those, if you ever decide to sell your AK, you have to make it featureless and de-register it with the state, paying an additional fee and waiting the typical 6-8 weeks for the state gov to process it most likely. It's basically a lot of extra restrictions for abilities that you can almost completely replicate with a featureless build.
>>
Move back. Ive lived here all my life and can't wait to move to Montana
>>
>>32182521
Yea it seems like a rip off financially, the restrictions don't seem to bother me to much besides there being some in the first place. What would it even cost to register it? Am I looking at an arm and a leg?
>>
>>32182558
I wish I could, till then I'm just saving up to get out of here
>>
>>32182559
That's the frustrating thing, no real info has been released about the nitty gritty practice itself. Hell there isn't even a website or form available to register now if you wanted to. Most of this stuff won't kick in until the end of 2017, so it's a waiting game at this point. If you're a resident of cali now, I would strongly urge you to register on the calguns.net forums. It can get kinda nuts in there, but the California laws section is pretty helpful in cutting through bullshit at least when new stuff comes out.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=349
>>
>>32182165
this, believe me, I know.
>>
>>32182219
registering will NOT allow you to keep the normal mag release. we have as of NOW four assault weapons bans, three of which are active and they segregate into types of assault weapons. type I can be fully uncucked and can be named on the roster even as long as registered. Type II can only have thirty round mags if there's a monster man grip, Type III can't have a thirty loaded and mag releases are illegal unless the rifle is featureless, and TYPE IV is now bullet buttons. basically this state can suck a massive cock.
>>
>>32182501
registering is always 1 step away from confiscation at any and all times.

just google SAFE Act confiscation and it should tell you to never comply.
>>
>>32182501

I am not one of those
SHALL NOT

types but if you register them they will eventually come to confiscate them. This is not a question, this is a fact given the trajectory of California and how they have increased the frog-boil on "salt weapons"

Is there any way OP could just basically...not deactivate the AK but take off everything possible so it just becomes a stockless, foreguardless, gripless hunk of metal? It will still be a rifle because of the receiver, but it'd have nothing and he'd just wait until he moves out. Would that still leave him in trouble because of the bayonet lug or flash hider?
>>
>>32182730
Curious where did you find that info? Not trolling, but I haven't seen any information on segregating the assault weapon designations, aside form just "Reopening the registry".
>>
>>32180553
As a californian expat....

Keep quite, let no one know you brought firearms into the state, if anyone asks they were already here.
>>
>>32182161
not op but also cuckifornian (dream job is here, what can i say?). i just got a c39v2 and thought i'd leave the condom on for the protection it provides, not that an ak really needs it. so... whatever, dude.
>>
Here is a good summary of the major FAQs about the new laws.

http://gunfightertactical.com/assault-weapon-classification/
>>
>>32182358
>so you have to modify or destroy your >10 round mags

it was my understanding (got this from my ffl) that you're not allowed to own any parts of any regular cap mags, so blocked mags are still illegal.

...?
>>
>>32182468
no, if it's featureless, you don't have to register it at all.
>>
>>32182953
Haven't seen anything about that specifically. The only thing I've heard about modifying mags to become 10 rounds is that the modification must be "permanent" that is, if you try to undo the modification, the mag would effectively be destroyed in the process. I haven't found any other information beyond that.
>>
>>32183064
>>32182953

Ok I looked into the wording of the law and this got even more complicated. Currently there is no official law on the books that actually classifies what "permanently blocked" means. It's never been brought up in a court case, so far no one has been prosecuted for it so it's a complete gray area unfortunately.
>>
>>32182600
Thank you so much for all the info, you've answered so many questions I've had so far
>>
>>32180624
ATF only gives a shit about federal laws, dorkus.
Even they probably weep for the hellhole that is the People's Rebublic of Taxifornia.
>>
>>32182842
Should I hide them then? What do you suggest?
>>
>>32182824
I would consider taking it all apart if that will make it legal also, I just want to keep it and it not cause me trouble should my house ever get searched
>>
>>32183149
yeah, that's what i got from my research too. thanks for checking, though.
>>
>>32183216
No problem, trying to help where I can.
>>
>>32180553
How is owning a firearm if you are a member of the military stationed there?
>>
>>32183855
Still fucked, but I think you get thirty round banana clipz
I THINK
>>
>>32183855
You're actually ok but it requires quite a few things: (Taken from california firearms wiki)

Non-resident, active duty military members who bring their firearms into California when permanently assigned to a military installation within the state. Prior to arrival, the military member must submit a registration form and a copy of his or her assignment orders and an authorization letter from the installation commander to the DOJ, and the firearm(s) in question are legal to obtain and possess in his or her home state. If a non-resident military member decides to establish residency in California, he or she must either surrender listed assault weapons to the DOJ or police department, or remove the weapons from the state prior to becoming a resident and/or separating from the Armed Services.
>>
>>32183968
>>32183855

So in essence, if it's legal in your home state, if your base commander signs off on it, if you send the registration information to the DOJ and you don't decide to become a permanent resident of california, you're ok.
>>
>>32180553
just keep your shit and don't advertise it to anyone, go to BLM land to shoot only and nobody can fuck with you - the rangers only have federal jurisdiction
>>
>>>/pol/101148589
This is what needs to happen in CA.
>>
>>32183984
>permanently living in commiefornia
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.