[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some good historical example of quantity overcoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: frenchie.jpg (61KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
frenchie.jpg
61KB, 600x435px
what are some good historical example of quantity overcoming quality in warfare?
>>
>>32177741
Quantity beating quality is more of the norm than the exception for most of history.
>>
>>32177741
soviet zergrush
>>
>>32177741
Certainly the Battle of Stalingrad. Rhodesian Bush war is one too.
>>
>>32177741
Cuban Revolution
>>
D-Day
>>
>>32177830
I don't even know where you got this one but stop it, it could not be more wrong.

For the majority of the revolution, and in most skirmishes and operations, the police and military vastly outnumbered Castro's forces. In fact it was the army frequently using large battalions of untrained recruits against small, skilled, hardened guerrilla bands
>>
>>32177741
The Second Emu War.
>>
>>32177741
both world wars, american civil war, napoleonic wars
>>
>>32177741
Korean war
>>
>>32178625
They had a second one of those?
Didn't they learn anything from the first attempt
>>
>>32177778
this. russia.
>>
>>32177741
The soviets in the entirety of WW2.
>>
>>32179005
Don't forget American and British too.
>>
>>32179018
The Americans and British had equipment. The soviets didn't even have rifles for all of their soldiers.
>>
>>32177741
I read this as quality overcoming quantity in welfare.
>inb4 go back to /pol/

I think it is the greatest battle faced before intelligent hard working people. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>32177741
Vietnam War

>US expends more ammunition and bombs then it did in every theater in WW2
>Can't change the fact they can't invade the North
>>
American tanks vs. German tanks in ww2
>>
For hard mode, I tried restricting myself to battle involving major world powers post WW2, bigger than company scale.

French Indochina War, French colonial forces were good, but poorly utilised and under-resourced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dien_Bien_Phu

Chinese first phase offensive in Korean War, while many of the individual soldiers were experienced from the Chinese Civil War, the combined arms and logistics of their forces as a whole was inferior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War#China_intervenes_.28October_.E2.80.93_December_1950.29

First battle of Fallujah, while not exactly a defeat in the strictest sense was still a failure despite vast US advantages in training and technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Fallujah
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.