[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunsmith ideas thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cheeki_breeki.png (24KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki_breeki.png
24KB, 125x120px
Been thinking of starting to get into producing arms here in AUS, once the proper licensing comes through of course. Just stupid simple cheap shit that would have an appeal here for legal loopholing reasons.

Example:
>Sten-13 Mini Pistol Carbine
>'Pistol' with short Sten-style 'tube gun' appearance and short blowback action. Could be used as traditional for a pistol, wouldn't be very comfortable nor intuitive though.
>So-called 'Mini' because it ships with wireframe stock, and barrel shroud with vertical grip detached from gun
>To retain pistol classification and thus not be a Category D centrefire rifle, stock and shroud are attached by user in a non-permanent manner, such as a pair of bolts for the stock and 4-5 for shroud with pre-drilled holes to ease alignment of parts
>To maximize sight radius, rear sight is literally at the back of gun housing. Simple squared-off notch design with a raised post at end of barrel, to allow use without front shroud if desired. When front post completely fills rear sight and is level with top of notch cut into rear sight, sights are properly aligned.
>Available in multiple calibers/drop-in barrels. Due to simplicity and robust structure, could possibly handle more powerful loads like 10mm
>Aftermarket parts for 'luxury' items, such as adapters for magazines of each caliber to install in oversized magwell (Shipped with 9mm or .22 adapter attached as standard); wooden furniture, or rail mounts designed to fasten on side dovetail
>Would run for reasonable price. DEFINITELY wouldn't look fancy, but offers a very affordable and versatile carbine with possibility for extensive proprietary aftermarket

Dump your ideas here, be realistic. Chechen-tier garage gear preferable.
>>
>>32177074
Forgot to add, '13' in name stands for 13" barrel.
>>
Currently I'm looking to make an ak101 out of a bulgy 74 kit. Does that count?
>>
Fellow Aufag here - I see some potential here *curiosity bump*.
>>
>>32177074
Really, Medusa M47 style revolver that shoots all those .38/9mm pistol ammo up to 357 Magnum. Or a cylinder assembly of the same for some quality existing revolver frame.

I would buy one that instant.
>>
>>32177074
Your idea seems sound, until the media does to your product what they did to the adler, can already see the scary image mock ups in the papers
>>
I wish a 10/22 existed in 9mm that wasn't the old rare marlin camp 9
>>
>>32177074
It'd be neat to see the TEC-9 be remade. 'strayan import would be less than fun trying to get it into burgerland, but it may be worth it.
>>
>>32178526
If they try that, I'll counter it with an ACA article about being a small-time, poor and hungry machinist who simply wants to turn over a buck by producing sporting goods, while the big bad gubberment steps all over him.

Remember, ACA loves a 'government victimizes local person' story.
>>
Multiple caliber conversions has me scratching my head a bit from the legal side of things. What with the fact you can only buy rounds for weapons you own, perhaps each drop-in barrel would require a seperate entry on your category H?

As far as I recall from my own experiences owning multiple handguns and a Hera kit, there's really no arbitrary limit set on how many pistols you can own on a Category H permit, more the eyebrows that it'll raise with the police commissioner when you're suddenly buying a .22LR, .22WMR, .40, .45, 10mm, and .38 all at once.
>>
>>32177481
Make it from scratch you fuck
>>
>>32178073
I'll look into it, seems tempting. All the fudds love their revolvers anyway.
>>
>>32177074
>[...] here in AUS, once the proper licensing comes through of course.
How hard is it to get a manufacturing licence?

I'd like to mess around with home gunsmithing at some point. I figured doing it legally would be pretty hard, with fees and safes and shit, so I've never bothered looking into it.

>not that I was ever contemplating doing it illegally, of course >_>
>I have great respect for the government and its well-reasoned laws <_<
>>
>>32182515
The paperwork is a clusterfuck, and the police keep a close eye on you and can randomly search your shit. Hopefully we get a pseudotrump sometime so this shit goes out the window.
>>
>>32182540
Well, the Shooters and Fishers got Orange.

Hopefully this is the start of the downfall of the Nationals, and then they'll drag the Liberals down with them. Then Labor and Greens host a "Hug a Muslim Day" and get blown up by ISIS.
>>
>>32182564
All this shit going on makes me miss Collie. Chilling with rednecks getting wasted in the Feddy then heading out to some bumpkin's property to shoot gunz all night. At one point his pansy neighbour came over to have a whine and we started line firing. Good times.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.