[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CIVIL DEFENSE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: symbol-book-015.jpg (1MB, 1550x1125px) Image search: [Google]
symbol-book-015.jpg
1MB, 1550x1125px
I've been dreaming of recreating the U.S. Civil Defense as a non-profit entity. One that would provide oversight, supplies, training, and education to civilians while rostering them into support roles for the possible future of a post-attack country. With mutual cooperation with established groups such as militias, volunteer firefighters, private pilots, and workers unions.

I know we still have TACDA but I don't think they do jack shit anymore but sell supplies (their 2008 revenue was only ~$155,000).

You guys think it's possible to maintain an active non-profit funded by public and private funds? I have more ideas for the CD but would it even be worth it?
>>
>>32176737
>You guys think it's possible to maintain an active non-profit funded by public and private funds? I have more ideas for the CD but would it even be worth it?
Public funds? No
Private funds, maybe.

The hardest part would be preventing your organization from becoming a cringe-worthy over-political militia.
>>
>>32176814
Sadly this. Having a preparedness organization that focuses on training, networking, and serving the community good without degenerating into a political or social gossip shit show is extremely difficult. Look at how fucked the Boy Scouts can get with this in mind. They are beating the spread for this kind of idea.
>>
>>32176875
>>32176814
Any way to counter this?
>>
>>32177436
make it so unappealing to women that they don't want to participate in any capacity.
>>
>>32177461
.............yeah this would cover gossip and low standards. As for political fuckery best bet is a private centralized office that produces general training materials and a decentralized local unit that does additional training and procurement based on community needs
>>
>>32177461
worked for Trump
>>
>>32177436
>Any way to counter this?
Ban politics at the top.
Allow freedom of speech at the bottom, but make it so that the context is utilitarian.
>>
>>32177436
a well written charter with little room for mission creep

honesty in training and recruiting.

zero tolerance for retards and problem causers.

not allowing wannabe cops/firefighters
>>
>>32177492
im involved in organizations that are overwhelmingly male and the gossip is just as bad or worse than females

men can be a bunch of crybaby pussies too
>>
>>32177530
Can call them out for being a bitch and undermining their ability to find a serious audience. Unless you have unions or allow eeoc also having worked all male, mixed, and mostly female environments you either have no exposure to workgroups other than your own or you work with numale turbo fags if you think it is at all comparable
>>
>>32177510
Good up to the last one. They will be most of the members. With the right leadership and training they will be useful and may find more useful skills
>>
>>32176737
So basically you want to create what's already the FEMA cert program?
>>
>>32176737

The Civil Air Patrol still exists as the last remnant of the Civil Defense days.

Volunteer. Get trained. Go on the occasional SAR mission and the occasional disaster response mission. Wear an air force uniform. Train teenagers. Good luck.
>>
>>32176737
Just look at the BSA. It'll turn into an autistic kid baby sitting service full of dickwaving.
>>
>>32178160

Oh yeah, on this note, there are also several State Defense Forces that focus on Civil Defense (Now called Emergency Management.)
>>
>>32178132
Was about to post this.
>>
>>32177991
I think he meant to emphasize wannabe.
>>
>>32176737
I'd join on one condition, brodie helmets
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.