[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Glock 27.jpg (72KB, 750x501px) Image search: [Google]
Glock 27.jpg
72KB, 750x501px
Occasionally I have nightmares when I need to fire my revolver at shit
it either ends up as a light primer strike or an off center hit.
all because some asshole fucked up their Glock, lied and sold it to me.

anyone else have weapon related nightmares
>>
>>32170280
>strip slide completely down
>send to Glock HQ to install $60 night sights
>they do a complete slide rebuild with $100+ worth of internal parts included for free

I'm surprised people tolerate fucked up Glocks.

Unless he sold you a used Glocknade... that could explain it too
>>
>>32170280
Whats fucked up bout yo glock?
>>
File: 1464416178765.jpg (17KB, 220x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464416178765.jpg
17KB, 220x352px
>>32170280

There is a kind of dream not associated with any real world event. I
call it the Universal Warrior Nightmare. The most common version of the
universal nightmare is to dream that you cannot get your gun to fire. The gun
jams, the bullets dribble out the end of the barrel, or they bounce
impotently off the bad guy's chest. The puppy, your midbrain, your
unconscious mind, sends a message into your dreams that says, "Boss, I'm
worried. I'm afraid it might not work." Well, who would not be worried?
Many of your brother and sister warriors have such nightmares and there is
nothing wrong if you are having them now or you get them in the future. But
there is one thing you can do that has helped many warriors to make the
dreams go away: train. The puppy is worried, so to calm him you teach him a
few new tricks or polish the old ones. Train hard so that he feels confident.
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, On Combat
I had one where I was full on hitting a dude in the head with my machete and it just wasn't having any effect. It's a subconscious reminder to train more.
>>
>>32170280
Sometimes I have knife fight dreams where the other guy just won't go down.

Guns, no bigee. I used to have those dreams but then I got better guns and loaded them with better ammo.

I used to have fight dreams where my punches didn't do shit. Then I started martial arts and got into competitive boxing. Now I fucking annihilate people in my dreams.

But knives, I'll basically skin someone head to toe and keep fighting them. The worst part is, I feel guilty about it. I feel terrible but it's all I can do because he's trying to do bad shit to me and my family. I quit carrying knives because of these dreams.
>>
File: IMG_1332[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1332[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32170358
>pic related all unfired cases
>>
>>32170364
>subconscious reminder to train more

I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>32170374
Damn man, the knife fight one sounds terrible.
>>
>>32170421
It's fucked up. Sometimes I can feel their blood on my hands and forearms and they'll apologize but it's too late to undo what I did.
>>
>>32170585
Besides you not carrying a knife anymore, does it affect other than that in your day to day life?
>>
File: retractable_Queue_1341293620.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
retractable_Queue_1341293620.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>Be dream me
>In hangar. Floor is light blue, walls white. ceiling gray. hangar door is open and light is coming in.
>Random shit about, looks auto tools. Metal racks, rolling ladders and clutter.
>to my left is an old bronze colored chevy mid 70s make from look of body work.
>Dream me is near the grille of Chevy.
>Antagonist of dream is near the tail of the truck walking towards the cab. going on about killing someone dream me cares about.
>He brandishes pistol and points at me.
>I draw my 29 and shoot, hit him in gut and chest.
>He shoots me in lower right gut. (dont know this till later)
>I shoot again twice, gun goes click
>seek cover behind old cheby.
>Drop magazine, its empty. Dream me is thinking where the other 6 rounds are while staring at the mag
>Antagonist is still going and tackles me.
>Dream me pulls fixed blade from belt and starts going at it.
>No longer in hangar.
>covered in blood.
>Environment is movie theater lobby of some sort. Maroon floors, light gray walls with a drop ceiling.
>Jetting out
>knocking over the queue line things in pic.
>Some employee (only deduced because he had a maroon polo and beige slacks) of theater pops up from nowhere and begins to mean mug me
>I point knife at him and stare then run out doors of theater.
>Dream me is at the side of the theater and i realize i was shot in the guts.
>Fall on the concrete near the wall.
>Die looking at the bumper of a red 90s miata.

No terror during this dream, or any other regarding defending my life.
>>
>>32170280
I have two recurring dreams.

One dream is where I am trying to shoot someone at the end of my driveway, but I can't physically rack the slide back on the handgun. Like I don't have the strength to do it.

The second dream is that I am fighting someone with a knife, and they have a knife. I stab them, then they stab me, but when I get hit, it's in slow motion. There's that old joke about not being able to die in your own dreams, but I get stabbed and stab him back, then get stabbed again. It's horrible. I always wake up from it in a sweat.

I've never had to pull a firearm on anyone, but I have been stabbed, albeit, not on purpose by someone. I tend to get these dreams when I have very little stress, which makes no sense to me.
>>
>>32170280
I have dreams that my trigger is too heavy and I can't pull it or I can and I hit way off target.
>>
>>32171485
Me too. I also dream that I can not physically lift my gun to aim it; which I synonimize with not being able to actually shoot someone
>>
This thread is giving me deja vu
>>
>>32170374
Ive had a similar dream where I keep chopping up my friends with a machete but they dont die and keep trying to fight me. Fucked me up
>>
>>32171482
the first one sounds like you have that old conscious that will keep you from saving your own life against an attacker because you will hesitate
>>
>>32170403
holy shit those look deep tho...

i feel like you are pulling my leg.
>>
>>32170403
>.40 Shitty & Wumbo
there's your problem
>>
>>32171469
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=nearest+therapist
>>
>>32170280
I have dreams that my katana is dull when I teleport behind you
>>
>>32170374
>I quit carrying knives because of these dreams.
cuck
>>
If I have "that type" of dream it's usually:

A:
>try to punch someone I'm fighting, but my hands/arms seem like they weigh a ton. I can't strike fast enough, and if I do get through their defense, the punch is way too soft.

B:
>people are attacking and I find a weapon, but no ammo.
>even had a dream in some "gun warehouse" and couldn't find the correct ammo for each gun I found
>pick up sweet AK
>"yeah, this'll fuck someone's day up"
>can't find 5.45 or 7.62x39 anywhere in this giant place
>pick up shotgun, I know I saw some shells earlier
>its a 20 gauge and I need 12...

Mainly the point is that you're/I am helpless even though I'm amongst masses of other wise helpful objects
>>
>>32171951
>.40 a shit
yeah I wish this meme weren't true 9 times out of 10
the only .40 that's ever worked for me is the FNS-40 but I sold it before it reached 200 rounds.
it's a shame, I really like .40 S&W
>>
File: IMG_1338[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1338[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32171948
>pulling your leg
>>
>>32171482
that's so weird i had the slow motion knife fight dream before stopped carrying mine around most of the time after that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.